Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd May 2011, 22:31   #1756
Senior - BHPian

re: Honda Civic : Maintenance, Service Costs and Must dos

Quote:
Originally Posted by madbullram View Post
Thanks all, after 6 months, 39 Civics, many many weekends, numerous common you will find it dont give up attitude, and a wife who was ever understanding and inspiring me, we found our dream pre-worshiped civic.

Hearty congrats madbullram. Its amazing that you and me have finalized our pre-owned Civics in a span of 3 days. I know just like me, you would be highly excited about your new ride too.

Closed the deal at 6.25 lakhs.

That's a great price too. Good to hear that the car had been really pre-worshipped.

Thanks Team-BHP you have been my silent advisor.

I perfectly agree with the above point. The same has been the case for me too.
May I request you to post some pics of your new ride? I personally love Civic in that brilliant purple color.
Old 23rd May 2011, 23:19   #1757
BHPian

Thanks dot . In the last six months we checked 39 civics, this was our 40 th car. We gave up last week and decided to book a verna and destiny had other plans which I will write in detail.

Arvi: picking her this Friday. We are split on the color choice, both my wife and me are in love with black civic with angel eyes. Mostly will be converting to black in privilege car spa. Will take enough pics for you in the violet

Last edited by madbullram : 23rd May 2011 at 23:39.
Old 23rd May 2011, 23:22   #1758
BHPian

I learned one interesting bit of information today at Deccan Honda. They have never opened any Civic engine ever, so far.[/quote]

@dot

if they have never ever opened the civic engine please stay away.

Is there any other A.S.S near your place or in Pune?
Old 24th May 2011, 10:14   #1759
Senior - BHPian

Congrats Madbullram,
That's a very sweet deal, 6.25L for 2007 model is really good.
Good to hear that it has also been looked carefully and maintained very well.

Quote:
We are split on the color choice, both my wife and me are in love with black civic with angel eyes. Mostly will be converting to black in privilege car spa.
I would still say go with your heart & your another heart(wife) too.
Just change the colour as per your choice.
Black looks very good for a civic, black civic with black interiors(beige colour changed) will look awesome.
Colour change in ASC would cost around 40K+ INR. But remember whole of the car has to stripped when changing a colour, so better to get it done in Honda Showroom or any other competent & well equipped Paint booth workshop
Angel Eyes would cost 15-16K (change in Headlamp assembly)+ another 10K-15K for the HID's & accessories.
Old 24th May 2011, 11:39   #1760
BANNED

Black is brilliant, provided you are in a dust free environment, or have a chap to dust the car very often. Otherwise, one has to go for a pastel colour.
Old 24th May 2011, 11:49   #1761
Senior - BHPian

@madbullram - congrats on your new old car and welcome to the family.
You've got one fantastic deal on the car and yes, do post plenty of picture before you transform the car.

Here's wishing you many miles of motoring bliss.
Old 24th May 2011, 13:26   #1762
BHPian

Thanks sushrutha, sgiitk, and hiren.mistry.

Have decided to go with black. Checked with RTO and they said they will endorse once I change the ownership. I need to get the alteration authorization from them. I will be going to Privilege Car Spa in Nandanam. They have opened a New Paint booth. Pavan of Car Spa has painted a civic in black so I can see the fit and finish. The plan is to paint the exteriors alone without removing the engine. The quoted is approx 40k.

Also planning to change tyres to Michelin. I do not want to hijack this thread by posting other details.

Last edited by madbullram : 24th May 2011 at 13:27.
Old 24th May 2011, 14:16   #1763
BANNED

Got the first paid service done today. Entered the workshop at 09:25, left at 12:05. Good job overall. Service cost 850+ 87.55 (Tax). There was an additional charge of Rs454+61.36 for the LH door mirror mirror which fell off and broke.
Old 24th May 2011, 19:17   #1764
dot
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaurav_chopra04 View Post
So, finally, the engine mounting of civic has gone kaput at 47k kms.

My cousin told me about the noise yesterday and first thing that came to my mind was mounting, checked it and I was right.
@Gaurav, can tell how you found out that the issue was a busted engine mount. Was this the side mount or the lower mount. What kind of noise was it giving, was the engine block heaving a lot?

I have a feeling this could be the reason why my car is giving noises. Looking forward for your reply.
Old 24th May 2011, 19:24   #1765
Senior - BHPian

@Dot. I think you would have gone through this post from Laluks earlier, but I'd still refer you back to the same as I dont want to be repetitive. The mounting, problem and symptoms were same as described by Laluks in his post.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-t...ml#post2352049
gaurav_chopra04 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th May 2011, 22:43   #1766
Senior - BHPian

@dot - I saw an engine bay in guderians meet thread which looked like the mount is kaput. Is that last engine bay picture of your scorp?
Old 25th May 2011, 06:16   #1767
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by madbullram
Have decided to go black.
Congrats, madbullram!

I'll be happy to share tips with you on maintaining a black car in an extremely dusty environment. We wash our car ourselves and it's a 1.5 hour procedure. With the right tools we have been able to keep swirls to near-zero. Periodic waxing and occasional polish jobs will keep the shine intact as well.

Regards,
spadix
Old 25th May 2011, 06:27   #1768
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks dot . In the last six months we checked 39 civics, this was our 40 th car. We gave up last week and decided to book a verna and destiny had other plans which I will write in detail.

Arvi: picking her this Friday. We are split on the color choice, both my wife and me are in love with black civic with angel eyes. Mostly will be converting to black in privilege car spa. Will take enough pics for you in the violet
Phew - 40 Civics. I thought I saw enough. I saw 12 in the past month before finally settling for the one I bought. Your determination has finally rewarded you man! And thanks for agreeing to take enough pics of the car in purple.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jatinpatel View Post
I learned one interesting bit of information today at Deccan Honda. They have never opened any Civic engine ever, so far.
Whenever I hear something like this, it's so reassuring.
Old 25th May 2011, 08:06   #1769
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by spadix

Congrats, madbullram!

I'll be happy to share tips with you on maintaining a black car in an extremely dusty environment. We wash our car ourselves and it's a 1.5 hour procedure. With the right tools we have been able to keep swirls to near-zero. Periodic waxing and occasional polish jobs will keep the shine intact as well.

Regards,
spadix
Can you share in this thread itself as this is all about maintenance of civic. I opened another thread under modification for the paint choice would love all your inputs there
Old 25th May 2011, 08:12   #1770
dot
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by laluks View Post
@dot - I saw an engine bay in guderians meet thread which looked like the mount is kaput. Is that last engine bay picture of your scorp?
Yes, that will be the latest photo of the engine bay. The serpentine belt was taken off at Honda and they found nothing.

What I fail to understand is that I took the car to two Honda A.S.S. and they said that the mounts looks fine. I am going back to the independent garage who said that they will look at the mounts.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks