Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th May 2009, 12:14   #166
BHPian

30K service

Quote:
Originally Posted by laluks View Post
This week, I'll be doing the 30K service.
My bill for the 30K service was Rs.2,465/- (AT).
Old 19th May 2009, 13:05   #167
Senior - BHPian

trrk has kindly asked his Honda dealership for the fan belt price. It is 4300/- including tax (12.5%). That is quite a bit of money for a fan belt. However, the person cannot confirm whether there has been a price revision because, according to him, it is the first time the part has been called up in the system.

The Gates equivalent, K070855, costs $20, while Honda OEM costs $43 at the same store. $60 straight from Honda. I wonder what laluks can dig up.
Old 19th May 2009, 14:08   #168
Senior - BHPian

Hi,

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImmortalZ View Post
However, the person cannot confirm whether there has been a price revision because, according to him, it is the first time the part has been called up in the system.
It is the first time he was checking the price for that Civic part. I did not ask for and he did not tell me the part number.
Old 21st May 2009, 08:22   #169
Senior - BHPian

I checked the part number at Bangalore. The system did not have that number, but the only belt according to the system that the Civic has is priced 4314 plus taxes. Seems identical to the info from trrk and Immortalz. Moreover they are not much aware of a price rise, says it has been so for a while.

Done the 30K service. Service costs Rs1250 + Oil change Rs900 + Oil filter Rs350 ~ Rs2500.

Changed the wiper blades - Rs500 for the long (76622-SNA-A01) and Rs350 for the short one (76632-SNA-A01).

Comparing this to the near Rs4500 service costs of Swift at 20K I seriously doubt whether Maruti can be called people's car with service costs high!
Old 21st May 2009, 09:57   #170
Senior - BHPian

Hmm, those wiper blades are cheaper than I thought. I was led to believe that Bosch Aeromaxes cost quite a lot. Service seems quite cheap. Will be about 1400 more for me because of the synth oil.
Old 21st May 2009, 10:01   #171
Senior - BHPian

Even I thought they might be expensive because of the size. The wiper has two sets of rubber - one is the blade and the other one is the thick rubber enclosure in which it is pushed into. Blades are around 850 for both, the other thick one I do not know. Seems that need not be changed.
Old 21st May 2009, 10:42   #172
Senior - BHPian

Yes, the Bosch ones include the thicker rubber, therefore they are more expensive. But if you consider Honda's prices for them, Bosch is much cheaper.

I am surprised at Maruti's popularity, considering their servicing costs. To add insult to injury most stealerships insist on adding Fuel savers, injector cleaning, carbon cleaning, system G, engine waxing (does my engine have hair or what?) and what not all adding up to money for nothing. And if you insist on them not doing it, they literally threaten you that the car will fall apart.
Old 21st May 2009, 12:46   #173
Senior - BHPian

Hi,

Quote:
but the only belt according to the system that the Civic has is priced 4314 plus taxes.
The price of Rs 4300 was inclusive of taxes. It would be mostly like that at Bangalore too. The 4314 would be inclusive of taxes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandeep108 View Post
And if you insist on them not doing it, they literally threaten you that the car will fall apart.
All that has to be done is to ask them to show the circular from Maruti that all those things are indeed needed over what is mentioned in the service booklet!
Old 21st May 2009, 15:51   #174
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by trrk View Post
Hi,
The price of Rs 4300 was inclusive of taxes. It would be mostly like that at Bangalore too. The 4314 would be inclusive of taxes!

All that has to be done is to ask them to show the circular from Maruti that all those things are indeed needed over what is mentioned in the service booklet!
Could be, the supervisor just looked into the system and told me the figure. Taxes - I am now confused.

But another information I just stumbled upon is the Oil filter cartridge. When I changed engine oil on Nov 2008 it costed me Rs122, and this time it costed me Rs 309. On fine looking there is a change in part number the earlier one 15400-PME-N00 and the current one 15400-PME-N10. Engine oil (08325-99916DA) stays the same at Rs853.20 both the times.

Maruti After Sale Service told me to go for a decarboisation for 1500 - 900 for the liquid and 600 for the labour. I said I do not want. If I had chosen it my service bill would have touched 6000 which is

Last edited by laluks : 21st May 2009 at 15:58.
Old 21st May 2009, 16:30   #175
Senior - BHPian

The second part number is the same as the NHC CVT. I'm certain trrk can confirm. I cannot find any reference about the N00 anywhere!

Weirdly enough, my oil filter has the part number 15400-RTA-004. This is found all over the web because it is used in several Honda cars. The cost was 274.78 + tax (309.48). I filled up with synth (08232-P99BIMG), which I traced to being some sort of synthetic/semi synthetic oil whose OEM is Idemitsu.

Honda has several OEMs for its filters - Toyo Roki, Honeywell, Mahle Tennex, FILTECH and possibly more. I'm guessing they import these things in the thousands from anywhere they can get them with pricing variations according to what you get. Abroad, all of them are priced around $7 per unit in batches of 30.

Last edited by ImmortalZ : 21st May 2009 at 16:31.
Old 21st May 2009, 16:34   #176
Senior - BHPian

Guys take alook at this

Honda Civic
Honda Civic

Any body getting this FE ? I am not
Old 21st May 2009, 18:17   #177
Senior - BHPian

Hi,

Quote:
Could be, the supervisor just looked into the system and told me the figure. Taxes - I am now confused.
Please don't be! Nowadays (especially after the VAT regime) the prices fed in would be the tax inclusive prices and the software would split it while billing / printing. The price he quoted would be inclusive of tax.

Quote:
But another information I just stumbled upon is the Oil filter cartridge. When I changed engine oil on Nov 2008 it costed me Rs122, and this time it costed me Rs 309. On fine looking there is a change in part number the earlier one 15400-PME-N00 and the current one 15400-PME-N10. Engine oil (08325-99916DA) stays the same at Rs853.20 both the times.
From what I have checked (as per Immortalz request), the N00 is what they have been using for the City. They may have billed you for the wrong oil filter or (to make it sinsiter) they have two oil filters with different numbers (though identical in size and function) to cater to the two models. Unfortunately the present billing is for the 'other' cartridge and so we may not know. If it is possible, can you check the oil filter in your car? I will try to do it in the CVT.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImmortalZ View Post
The second part number is the same as the NHC CVT. I'm certain trrk can confirm. I cannot find any reference about the N00 anywhere!
I did. The oil filter used is the 15400-PME-N00 consistently.

Quote:
Guys take alook at this
Honda Civic
Honda Civic
Any body getting this FE ? I am not
The manufacturers are permitted / requested / mandated to post the ARAI certified mileage for their models these days. You can see them in most advertisements now. You would be able to achieve them 'in ideal running conditions' - 40 to 50 kph, no AC, steady speeds, maybe single driver and what else!

Our driving conditions differ!
Old 21st May 2009, 18:17   #178
Senior - BHPian

I get 8.5KMPL in the city and 12KMPL on the Kerala highways. I think the so called "realistic" mileage measurements pioneered by the Government is measured in very unrealistic ideal conditions. Says so in the disclaimer itself.

Oh, and the CR-V A/T gets more mileage than the manual...

EDIT :

Quote:
Originally Posted by trrk View Post
From what I have checked (as per Immortalz request), the N00 is what they have been using for the City. They may have billed you for the wrong oil filter or (to make it sinsiter) they have two oil filters with different numbers (though identical in size and function) to cater to the two models. Unfortunately the present billing is for the 'other' cartridge and so we may not know. If it is possible, can you check the oil filter in your car? I will try to do it in the CVT.
I fired off an e-mail to Toyo Roki, the manufacturer of the RTA-004 filter. I got a snappy response which says Honda assigns different part numbers for identical filters from different manufacturers. They haven't heard about the PME series and they speculate it might be a localized part. Or a mistake from the dealer's part.

Last edited by ImmortalZ : 21st May 2009 at 18:24.
Old 21st May 2009, 22:07   #179
Senior - BHPian

I'll try to check that filter out. Is that the cup shaped one at the bottom?

The wiperblade change has come very useful. It was raining like hell today. Poor civic had to wade through knee deep water today, and it came off in style. That fellow sometimes surprises me!
Old 22nd May 2009, 10:26   #180
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The wiperblade change has come very useful. It was raining like hell today. Poor civic had to wade through knee deep water today, and it came off in style. That fellow sometimes surprises me!
Never really do that unless absolutely necessary. Even my old Zen with its lower GC did that, but a few months later, I had umpteen problems with bearings, brakes, suspension arms corrosion, boots, etc.

I suggest you get it serviced pronto and request the dealer to do what it necessary to help prevent any premature corrosion / deterioration as a result of its swimming. I would rather wait on the side for a couple of hours.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks