Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st December 2012, 09:20   #4081
BANNED

re: Honda Civic : Maintenance, Service Costs and Must dos

@akg78091; afaik Honda must be closed for the new year break.
sgiitk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st December 2012, 18:43   #4082
BHPian

1,20,000 kms Service over

1,20,000 kms service over.
Not even a blown fuse so far!

I was told that they were updating the Dealer-Management-Software, so will get the bill in a few days time. They gave me a hand-written bill for now.

Parts Cost:
Engine Oil (Synthetic) - 3,255
Oil Filter - 202
Washer - 21
Air Filter - 1,045
Fuel Filter - 4,232
Brake Fluid - 321

Parts Total - 9,076

Labour Cost:
1,20,000 kms Service - 1,685
Wheel Alignment - 489

Labour Total - 2,174

So, Total - 11,250

Optional:
Interior Cleaning (3M) - 1,573
(I do this every 40K).
manim is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 31st December 2012, 20:29   #4083
Senior - BHPian

[quote="manim;3003696"]
I was told that they were updating the Dealer-Management-Software, so will get the bill in a few days time. They gave me a hand-written bill for now.
/QUOTE]

Wonder how long this will take. I heard the same thing just after Deepavali (during my BQ's 30k Kim's service) at Ring Road Honda, Gurgaon. Apparently IBM is the vendor, so the delay is perhaps not surprising.

Wish all of you and your Civics a great 2013!

Regards,
spadix
Old 1st January 2013, 06:05   #4084
BHPian

Re: 1,20,000 kms Service over

Quote:
Originally Posted by manim View Post
1,20,000 kms service over.Not even a blown fuse so far!
Awesome Manim.I was calculating Maintenance cost per Km so far for my 2010 Civic AT which has run
57000 kms.It worked out to 89 paise per km including a few discretionary spends!And this for a vehicle which has travelled to far off places in MP, Chattisgarh,Maharashtra, Gujarat,Rajasthan and all over South India. She has seen some of the best roads and worst terrains,run 20 plus hours non stop with full load and AC in all weather conditions.But for my faith on Civic's reliability, I would n't have dared ventured with fullest confidence to explore these places with my family on board :-).

If you have the details, Can you post Maintenance cost per km for your vehicle as well?

Wishing you and all BHPians a happy and safe new year.

Cheers.

Last edited by ramanak : 1st January 2013 at 06:19.
ramanak is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st January 2013, 10:08   #4085
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramanak View Post
If you have the details, Can you post Maintenance cost per km for your vehicle as well?
Mine's a July 2010 V M/T - same vintage as yours more or less - that is currently at 32400 kms.

It's seen some very bad roads both in ghats and plains but mostly it's been good to average terrain running.

Till before the 30k service, maintenance cost was near the 50p/km mark. Now it's jumped up to around 75 p/km courtesy of the battery replacement during the 30k service.

Regards,
spadix
Old 1st January 2013, 15:14   #4086
BHPian

Today I was driving my friend's civic 2006 model and there was some sort of humming noise coming from rear left side. This noise is coming once vehicle crossed around 20 kmph. The car is well kept and is still running on stock tires and has done 30k kms only. What can be that sound? According to me it can be either due to bad Tyre as the tires are 6 year old or it may be the bearing noise? I've asked him to change the tyre from stepny which is an unused one, and then check if the sound is there? Also he is planning to give his car for service so just want to know in advance what the sound could be and also the possible expenses get it rectified.
Old 1st January 2013, 17:09   #4087
BHPian

The maintenance cost for my Civic V A/T July 2009 now done 54K Kms has been minimal, except for the normal services. However, during the last services, both front and rear brake pads were changed, total cost including labor came to ~13K. Apart from that, the only other major expense was battery replacement after around 20 months
Still running on stock tyres. Would need replacement around 60K. That would be a big expense. In fact, i have not done wheel alignment or balancing for the last 30000 kms. No vibrations even at high speeds, no uneven tread wear.
The engine mount was changed free of cost.
Apart from that, like mentioned above, no blown fuses or bulbs etc.
I don't think my expense would have crossed 60 or 65 paise/km. In fact, i have not done wheel alignment or balancing for the last 30000 kms. No vibrations even at high speeds, no uneven tread wear.

I always use normal mineral oil and fill up the petrol tank with normal petrol. Used only one bottle of iftex G some time back over a long drive.

I have done a lot of highway driving too, with some high speed sprints thrown in.
Optional expenses : HID Bi Xenon Projector 15K, Osram Night Breaker 1900/-, VKOOL film all around including windscreen 17K.

Compared to my earlier Opel Corsa, this is a very boring car. Whenever i take it for service, there is hardly any complaint. No opening the hood every now and then to diagnose noises, no leaking fluids, etc. etc.
Old 1st January 2013, 17:16   #4088
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akg7091 View Post
Called up Honda 121, but :(
I have paid up for now. For sure, my next car is not going to be a Honda.
I suggest you follow up in writing with them. No harm in that. This should have been sorted out by them as it is a known issue. Having said that, i still believe that Hondas are good cars and this issue, though not too minor, should not stop you from considering a honda next time. I am assuming there are no other major issues with your car.
Old 1st January 2013, 17:19   #4089
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramanak View Post
I meticulously maintain fuel consumption in a spreadsheet, and though I record maintenance and other expenses carefully they are in various files so It is hard work to pull them all together for calculating Maintenance cost per km!

Quote:
Originally Posted by saurabhkum View Post
...as the tires are 6 year old...
IMHO rubber deteriorates after six years and are not safe.
Old 5th January 2013, 19:21   #4090
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mukeshgoel View Post
For alignment, balancing, rotation, I have been going to STAR WHEELS (Mr. Deepak) at Atul Kataria Chowk, Sector 14, Gurgaon for last 4 years . Since you are in Gurgaon, I will suggest you to try him.
Got it done today, finally, after some ~2k kms after your post.

My word, how good they are! And at 2/3rds the cost of HASS. Also told me of deformation in the left rear tyre, something HASS just didn't do. Thanks a lot for this recommendation, Mukesh!

Regards,
spadix
spadix is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th January 2013, 15:22   #4091
BHPian

I have been noticing a marked deterioration in ride quality in recent days. It is quite noticeable and I can sense the road surface imperfections very clearly on the steering wheel and the foot well. Also noticing vibes on the dashboard, can hear a faint rattle.

Initially thought it was the engine mount issue, but there are zero vibes at idle and on good surfaces.

The car is a July 2006 model, among the first batch, and has run just under 35K km.

I was wondering if a change of the suspension bushes will help soften the ride a bit. The car has been serviced at Honda A** (presently Arya Honda, Sewri) all along and even at last service (around Diwali), they did say that shocks and springs were fine.

Any insights into remedying this issue will be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Edit: The car runs on stock size Michlein Primacy LC (all wheels), changed in Nov 2011.

Last edited by Arun Venugopal : 6th January 2013 at 15:23.
Old 6th January 2013, 16:57   #4092
BANNED

Looks like a failed damper to me. They can also fail suddenly.
Old 6th January 2013, 20:01   #4093
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgiitk View Post
Looks like a failed damper to me. They can also fail suddenly.
Thank you sir. Any other symptoms of a failed damper that I can look out for just to make it certain that damper failure is the issue here.
Old 7th January 2013, 09:08   #4094
BANNED

One quick old fashioned check. Push the corner down and then wait for the recovery of the car. A good damper will recover maybe with a minor overshoot, a bad one will oscillate. Do all four corners.
sgiitk is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th January 2013, 12:07   #4095
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arun Venugopal View Post
I have been noticing a marked deterioration in ride quality in recent days. It is quite noticeable and I can sense the road surface imperfections very clearly on the steering wheel and the foot well. Also noticing vibes on the dashboard, can hear a faint rattle.
Get the wheel alignment done to see if the problem persists. Since Honda guys have already checked the suspension bits, I suspect improper wheel alignment.
SmartCat is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks