Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st February 2013, 23:08   #4126
BHPian

re: Honda Civic : Maintenance, Service Costs and Must dos

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumeethaldankar View Post
I remember reading somewhere that if one of the mount fails it will cause the others to fail as well eventually as the other 3 have to bear more weight of the engine .It's better to replace this crucial part for the sake of longevity of the car.If i were you i would the replace the mount first even if i had to pay for it since it a critical component.....
Hey There,

Are you sure about Civic having four engine mounts?

Till now I used to think that only one can fail. So I never bothered to check for the 2nd, 3rd and 4th mounts.

Now I have four mounts to worry about.

Can someone please post photos showing location of these mounts?
Old 1st February 2013, 23:43   #4127
BHPian

1st mount will be the hydraulic one which is at the right
2nd mount is transmission mount which on left hand side above the tranny n just below and near the battery tray.
3rd mount are underneath the car one ahead of the engine and between the two radiator fans
4th being under the car and behind the engine.
jatinpatel is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 2nd February 2013, 07:50   #4128
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by skdking View Post
Now I have four mounts to worry about.
You said it!
Quote:
Originally Posted by jatinpatel View Post
1st mount will be the hydraulic one which is at the right
2nd mount is transmission mount which on left hand side above the tranny n just below and near the battery tray.
3rd mount are underneath the car one ahead of the engine and between the two radiator fans
4th being under the car and behind the engine.
Thanks Jatin, correct me if I am wrong. I don't think all 4 are prone for failure. It's only the hydraulic mount at the right that fails regularly in all Civics, right?
arvi86 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd February 2013, 12:55   #4129
Senior - BHPian

Posting on this thread as well.

Today the first damage was done. On the service lane going towards Bellandur (Right next to Madhuloka) i was on my side one i10 guy coming from opposite side and to avoid a ditch on his side of road slightly curved towards me and the side rear view mirrors of both cars touched.

The mirrors on my Civic came out and broke. How do i get this fixed, does this mean i need to replace the whole mirror assembly? The whole assembly is fine just the glass is broken.
Old 2nd February 2013, 13:58   #4130
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankjha1806 View Post
The whole assembly is fine just the glass is broken.
You can easily get the glass at any H.A.S. S.

Brought it more than a year ago. It should be around Rs 900 if I recollect correctly.
hemen is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd February 2013, 14:18   #4131
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The mirrors on my Civic came out and broke. How do i get this fixed, does this mean i need to replace the whole mirror assembly? The whole assembly is fine just the glass is broken.
If its only the mirrror, it was 375 an year back
laluks is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd February 2013, 20:09   #4132
BHPian

Quote:
As I have found out many times, the mirror assembly is very strong in the Civic.

I had hit my ORVM on another car at high speeds (both speeds added up may be 100 kmph). Also I had bikers hit them at relatively slow speeds, the assembly had folded up on the wrong side. But always it came out working properly. Only the mirror was smashed once.

It cost me Rs.565 in March-2010.
The mirror replacement takes just a few minutes, but it needs an expert-hand trained to slide it in.
manim is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd February 2013, 14:35   #4133
BHPian

Cant find a different thread to post (earlier thread has been closed) so am posting here.Just heard from Autocar show in Bloomberg that Honda has finally cleared all old Civic Stocks (not sure if this means Dealership stocks have been sold out or factory stock has been shipped to Dealers) and the production has been stopped.So there will be no new Civics in the Market till the newer version is brought in.
Old 3rd February 2013, 15:43   #4134
BANNED

@ramanak; Also Hormazd said that the net version may not be coming to India, so it may be a long wait till we get to see new Civics again.
Old 4th February 2013, 14:00   #4135
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramanak View Post
Cant find a different thread to post (earlier thread has been closed) so am posting here.Just heard from Autocar show in Bloomberg that Honda has finally cleared all old Civic Stocks (not sure if this means Dealership stocks have been sold out or factory stock has been shipped to Dealers) and the production has been stopped.So there will be no new Civics in the Market till the newer version is brought in.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sgiitk View Post
@ramanak; Also Hormazd said that the net version may not be coming to India, so it may be a long wait till we get to see new Civics again.
There are reports from Oncars that Honda has begun testing the 2013 Civic sedan in India.
More here; http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...vic-india.html

Last edited by sarathlal : 4th February 2013 at 14:02.
Old 4th February 2013, 16:55   #4136
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by autofreak View Post
Hi guys

It happened for me too. 2 weeks back I left my civic for 40K service and have asked them to check for Engine mount condition among others.

Synth Oil Change
A/C cleaning
Wiper rubber replacements
Air filter
Fuel filter assembly
Oil filter

With all the above done, the bill was Rs. 13,362. But it was diagnosed that engine mount was weak and SA quoted me 10K for the job.

Now comes the fun part, I told him that faulty engine mounts were replaced under warranty. He said he has never heard of it and asked for proof. I told him I will send the team-bhp link and did the same. Parallely I called up my friend in Honda Sales and asked him to check up the engine mount warranty policy.

He took my VIN and checked it up. I was told Honda has advised to replace engine mounts of particular series if it genuinely needs replacement. He also asked the Area Service Manager to inform Capital Honda, Perungudi, Chennai to replace my Civic's engine mount under warranty I then followed up with SA and got my engine mount replaced today.

My car is a April 2007 model. Although SA was helpful and courteous it would not have been possible without my friend at Honda.

Overall I am very happyyyy. So henceforth people who are going for engine mount replacements, give a shot at warranty.
Quote:
Originally Posted by arvi86 View Post
You said it!

Thanks Jatin, correct me if I am wrong. I don't think all 4 are prone for failure. It's only the hydraulic mount at the right that fails regularly in all Civics, right?
You were right. Autofreak's car is an April 2007 model.
Old 6th February 2013, 15:41   #4137
Senior - BHPian

I think I read about it somewhere is this thread. Unable to find it.

My issue is with the foul smell while using a/c. I did get my a/c system/vents cleaned at the ASC on my last servicing. I also got a cabin air filter installed. But it does not seem to have any effect on the smell. Tried with different brands of perfumes/sticks etc. It only seems to make it worse. My daughter now hates to get into the car due to this. Does anybody here have any really effective solution to this issue?
Old 6th February 2013, 15:45   #4138
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Posting on this thread as well.

Today the first damage was done. On the service lane going towards Bellandur (Right next to Madhuloka) i was on my side one i10 guy coming from opposite side and to avoid a ditch on his side of road slightly curved towards me and the side rear view mirrors of both cars touched.

I know that road as I live in that area and drive there every day. The mirror alone can be replaced at the ASC. It costs less than 500. Just call them up and ask if they have stock. It is just a 2 minute job.
Old 8th February 2013, 08:46   #4139
Senior - BHPian

I was looking to understand the music setup in my civic before going in for an upgrade.

I am currently using my dad's Honda civic 2006. can anyone elaborate on the speaker setup? Does the 2006 India civic have 4 or 6 speakers? Any tweeters? We don't get a stock sub in India, that much I know.
Old 8th February 2013, 10:53   #4140
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolkurt View Post
I was looking to understand the music setup in my civic before going in for an upgrade.

I am currently using my dad's Honda civic 2006. can anyone elaborate on the speaker setup? Does the 2006 India civic have 4 or 6 speakers? Any tweeters? We don't get a stock sub in India, that much I know.
As far as I know Civic comes in 6 speaker setup. 2 speakers at the back, 2 on the front door and 2 tweeters on the dash. Sub is not there as stock setup and to add sub you need to install an amp also. Hope this helps.
saurabhkum is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks