Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th June 2013, 15:32   #4426
Senior - BHPian

re: Honda Civic : Maintenance, Service Costs and Must dos

Hello Guys,

Had terrible bad luck with my civic. I had purchased my civic in Jan and never used the wipers as such until day before. The Driver side wiper was not doing its job well so thought will change it next weekend. However had to drive for about 40 kms in the rain, so had to use the bad wiper. And guess what, the wiper blade has left permanent scratches on the wind shield!!! and will affect rain visibility even after changing the wiper!!!!

Does anyone know how much will the wind shield cost??
Old 11th June 2013, 20:41   #4427
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2000rpm View Post
Rs 12200 at windshield experts
laluks is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th June 2013, 20:43   #4428
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2000rpm View Post
Hello Guys,

Had terrible bad luck with my civic. I had purchased my civic in Jan and never used the wipers as such until day before. The Driver side wiper was not doing its job well so thought will change it next weekend. However had to drive for about 40 kms in the rain, so had to use the bad wiper. And guess what, the wiper blade has left permanent scratches on the wind shield!!! and will affect rain visibility even after changing the wiper!!!!

Before you replace the windshield try and get it polished, it may reduce or remove the scratches. It will be around 2k, so I would try that first before you change the windshield. Who knows it may just work.

http://www.glasspolishindia.com/
Akshay1234 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th June 2013, 09:06   #4429
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mukeshgoel View Post
Thank you guys. I had not heard this theory before so found it strange.

What is the best source to get 9005 (HB3) and 9006 (HB4) Osram Night Breaker Plus (or equivalent Philips) bulbs in India ?

Hi,
Just bought a pair from epitstop.in I know it will be available much cheaper in some stores, but i could not find it in Delhi.
They ship by DHL, got it in 2 days.

Rgds
VineetG is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th June 2013, 12:26   #4430
BHPian

What is Wiper Blade size for civic, various places different sizes are mentioned some place mentions as 24" driver 24" passenger. Some places it's 28" and 23". Also can someone help me with various brands available for Civic
Old 12th June 2013, 12:44   #4431
Senior - BHPian

Having had bad experience with bad wiper blades, now I always change my wiper blades every 2 years on my cars. In case of civic, the blade rubber (no matter which brand) for some reason don't seem to last very well in our hot climate and are sometimes difficult to get from the dealer, so I always prepare for replacement in May itself every year. In one case I also had to change the thicker rubber a couple of times as this also gets hard in our climate.

So if your wipers 'chatter' in a few days even after putting in new blade rubber, it is time to change the holding thicker rubber also. This will ensure you get great wipes during the monsoon and a scratch free windscreen for good night visibility.
Old 13th June 2013, 08:35   #4432
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumeethaldankar View Post
Hi guys, i have noticed my speedometer light starts to flicker while locking/unlocking and today in the morning it even stayed on for while after i had removed the key from the ignition.I had to lock and unlock the car to stop it from glowing.Any ideas why this could be happening?
Guys my speedo light is flashing again on the car being locked.The light comes on every time the security led glows.Any idea what could be issue.My car's battery is less than a year old.

Thanks.
Old 16th June 2013, 08:41   #4433
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Guys my speedo light is flashing again on the car being locked.The light comes on every time the security led glows.Any idea what could be issue.My car's battery is less than a year old.

Thanks.
I have found a workaround (though not a solution) to the problem.I noticed if i used the remote to lock all doors of the car the dashboard light would blink along with the security LED for a while (a hour or so) and stop eventually.So what i did was i used the driver side switch to lock all doors and unlocked only the passenger side door to get out and then locked the car using remote.By this way the speedo flashed only for a few seconds and stayed off.Dunno but i guess it's the monsoon which is causing the electrical's to act weird.
Old 16th June 2013, 13:41   #4434
BHPian

Quote:
I have found a workaround (though not a solution) to the problem.I noticed if i used the remote to lock all doors of the car the dashboard light would blink along with the security LED for a while (a hour or so) and stop eventually.So what i did was i used the driver side switch to lock all doors and unlocked only the passenger side door to get out and then locked the car using remote.By this way the speedo flashed only for a few seconds and stayed off.Dunno but i guess it's the monsoon which is causing the electrical's to act weird.
I'd suggest you get the electricals looked over by a competent car electrician. I wasn't able to do that before these monsoons, but it is usually one of my standard checks for all >3yo cars every year.
gomzi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th June 2013, 18:10   #4435
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Unfortunately my workaround did not work and i have noticed the speedo backlight flashing again . I hope that the back light is not of high amperage so it does not drain the battery.Don't think i will have time to get it checked out till later this weekend
Old 16th June 2013, 20:59   #4436
BHPian

Quote:
My Civic's mount gaps were reducing....
Hi Sumeet,

Your mount has more gap then even my six months old mount.

No cause to worry.

See my mount here: -

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-t...t-dos-247.html

See sarathlal's mount here: -

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-t...t-dos-246.html

Best of luck with the speedo's backlight. Sorry to read about that.

Keep us posted.

Last edited by skdking : 16th June 2013 at 21:19.
skdking is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th June 2013, 10:43   #4437
BHPian

Hi Guys, Have an issue with my driver side power window. Basically if i hold the button it rolls all the way up, doesnt stop at the top but then rolls back down to half open. Otherwise the window rolls up and down fine. So the only way to roll up the window completely is to roll it up in small bursts till it reaches the top. The local dealer (Pearl Honda) suggests that the motors as well as the channel is to be replaced (approx 15k). To me it doesn't seem like a motors issues since the window rolls up and down without an issues otherwise. To me its in inconvenience but not a 15k one. Has some faced something similar to this?

Also, the dealer suggested changing the transmission mount (8k). Is there a way i can visually inspect it, since all mount related pics on this thread are about engine mounts and not transmission.
Old 17th June 2013, 11:01   #4438
BHPian

Is there any way to make the steering of the Civic lighter ?

I use my civic purely within city limits and it becomes very tiring and difficult with a heavy steering wheel.
Old 17th June 2013, 11:17   #4439
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluebeem View Post
Is there any way to make the steering of the Civic lighter ?

I use my civic purely within city limits and it becomes very tiring and difficult with a heavy steering wheel.
One way is to go in for a narrow tyre width (without affecting the diameter too much).
But this is not advisable since safety may be compromised (at higher speeds).

Personally I do not have any problems with mine, it is always easy to steer even at tight parking speeds.
Old 17th June 2013, 11:21   #4440
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manim View Post

One way is to go in for a narrow tyre width (without affecting the diameter too much).
But this is not advisable since safety may be compromised (at higher speeds).

Personally I do not have any problems with mine, it is always easy to steer even at tight parking speeds.
Narrow tires isn't an option for the same reasons you mentioned.

I find it quite heavy and need a genuine solution whichll make the steering considerably light. I'm sure there is one with steering assemblies now available at local workshops ?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks