Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st October 2008, 18:03   #46
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by laluks View Post

Is our stock tyres safe with that psi. My manual says keep 30PSI. The link says he used 38 psi, just under the 40psi sidewall max for the tyre.

Next how does it affect mileage if we over inflate the tyre?
I am not sure about the tyre safety here. I don't have any problem so far with my over inflated ones.

Increasing air pressure inside tyre is expected to reduce the rolling resistance. This will have good impact on FE over longer period/drives. Of course this also may mean different dynamics, as in my case where the car feels more bouncy and less comfortable on rough roads at higher speeds. I dont mind a bit lesser comfort as I drive in a very sedate manner (assume that there is an egg between the right foot and gas pedal!). My FE improved from 13 to 15 by increasing pressure from 32 to 36 psi.

Last edited by appuchan : 31st October 2008 at 18:06.
Old 31st October 2008, 19:07   #47
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iraghava View Post
Oh let it be man, not worth the time wasted. Use this as a future tool against the service station though!
Me too thinks the same. Definitely not worth it at all. Since those guys said it will cost 4000, ask them to give it you in a different way - by service, consumable or others. Definitely use it against them.
Old 31st October 2008, 19:11   #48
Senior - BHPian

Ishan Ji,Laluks: you guys are right.Not worth the time or the risk involved in case they mess up again.

I will though make use of it against them,as you guys have stated.I'll not ask for consumables but ask them for super quick service and interior detailing every time i go in for a service.i'll make them pay for this.

Ok another question since its tire talk right now.
How much air pressure should i keep in the 225/45 R17 tires which i have on my civic.

Last edited by navpreet318 : 31st October 2008 at 19:13.
Old 31st October 2008, 19:15   #49
Senior - BHPian

What are you maintaining right now & are you facing any problems at that pressure?
Old 31st October 2008, 19:30   #50
Senior - BHPian

right now its 25.its ok.no problems as such.not too harsh.
Old 31st October 2008, 19:33   #51
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navpreet318 View Post
How much air pressure should i keep in the 225/45 R17 tires which i have on my civic.
Quote:
Originally Posted by iraghava View Post
What are you maintaining right now & are you facing any problems at that pressure?
You have a 17 incher. Show some pictures. Is it already in the other section of alloy showing off?

Quote:
Originally Posted by appuchan View Post
I am not sure about the tyre safety here. I don't have any problem so far with my over inflated ones.

My FE improved from 13 to 15 by increasing pressure from 32 to 36 psi.
How about the life of the tyre? Will it still stay the same? Any weakening of the side walls?
Old 31st October 2008, 19:53   #52
Senior - BHPian

36 psi on a 15"? Well isn't it a bit too high? The recommended level is 30 but I often see the workshop guys themselves pump it up to 34.

The ride quality would definitely deteriorate at such high pressures. I'm sure the overall dynamics of the car during a drive would change. Don't know if driving sedately will not effect anything.

Probably get one of the tyre experts to answer the question or post it in one of those threads.
Old 31st October 2008, 19:54   #53
Senior - BHPian

I read the initial pages of this thread and found a few queries about oil change at first service due to the metal pieces coming out of the new engines.

Though I do not own any Honda car, but I have read on some thread on T-Bhp that the Honda Engines are run-in in the factory itself. I think this should be the reason for no Oil Change at first service. Though I was curious whether the manual mentions anything about keeping the car below xxx Rpm for the first xxxx Kms. I think even that should not be there as the engines are already run-in.

Hope this helps.
Old 31st October 2008, 23:38   #54
Senior - BHPian

here you go my friend

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/tyre-a...nso-blitz.html

Last edited by navpreet318 : 31st October 2008 at 23:42.
Old 11th November 2008, 11:15   #55
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navpreet318 View Post
Well i have some really bad bad news.
well I too have some. My civic got a kiss from one of those trucks from the Hosur-road-BETL project. The impact was very small, but an ugly dent appeared exactly on the trunk door (what's should the exact word here?) where the honda 'H" badge is.
I thought I could live with it, but wife insisted for a change/repair. Ours is a black civic, 2008 April Model.
Went to Magnum Honda and those fellows said, impossible to repair/straighten-up, so go for change in boot door and it will cost 18K (including painting the new piece black) plus extra for the badges(civic, H, 1.8V and iVtech)
For a second check, went to Dakshin honda. They said change will cost 13K plus extra for badges or they can straighten up the dent at 5K plus taxes.

Well, the concern is how come there are completly different charges for same body part at two different dealers?
Did any of you guys have the bad experience of changing the boot-door of civic? And if so, how much it costed?
Old 11th November 2008, 11:47   #56
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RakishRam View Post
well I too have some. My civic got a kiss from one of those trucks from the Hosur-road-BETL project. The impact was very small, but an ugly dent appeared exactly on the trunk door (what's should the exact word here?) where the honda 'H" badge is.
I thought I could live with it, but wife insisted for a change/repair. Ours is a black civic, 2008 April Model.
Went to Magnum Honda and those fellows said, impossible to repair/straighten-up, so go for change in boot door and it will cost 18K (including painting the new piece black) plus extra for the badges(civic, H, 1.8V and iVtech)
For a second check, went to Dakshin honda. They said change will cost 13K plus extra for badges or they can straighten up the dent at 5K plus taxes.

Well, the concern is how come there are completly different charges for same body part at two different dealers?
Did any of you guys have the bad experience of changing the boot-door of civic? And if so, how much it costed?
Small dents in any body part can be straightened. I guess Magnum is trying to fool you. Good that you check with other dealers.
The estimate of Dakshin Honda also seems to be on a higher side. 5K is high, just for a dent repair. Does that cover the paint job ?
Old 11th November 2008, 12:44   #57
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swifty2008 View Post
I guess Magnum is trying to fool you.
Infact, I was quite happy with Magnum honda till other day.

Quote:
5K is high, just for a dent repair. Does that cover the paint job ?
Yes, it does.
Old 11th November 2008, 13:31   #58
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RakishRam View Post
Infact, I was quite happy with Magnum honda till other day.

Yes, it does.
Okay. Then how can the total estimate be 13K?
Is it 5K(Denting and Painting) + Badges + Taxes = 9K max.
Denting and Painting = 5K
Badges = 2K ?
Taxes = 2k max

Ask them whether they can put the old badges back. I think they are either sticked on to the body.

Is my understanding correct?
Old 11th November 2008, 14:44   #59
BHPian

Quote:

Is my understanding correct?
Nopes. Maybe I wasn't clear before. They gave two options.

1. Brand new trunk door at 13K + badge charges.
2. Repair (straightening + painting) at 5K + taxes.
Old 11th November 2008, 16:24   #60
Senior - BHPian

if your insurance is giving the money then get the trunk door changed.if you're paying the money get it repaired.simple.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks