Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th May 2015, 14:47   #6586
BHPian

re: Honda Civic : Maintenance, Service Costs and Must dos

How much does a tail-light set costs on average for 2007 Civic? Mine had a small crack on outside and when I took the car for general service today, SA told to replace the whole set. Is that necessary? Or can I just get the taillamp cover (if available) from outside and fiit it myself? I was more of a Maruthi guy replacing parts like these myself and in such cases only had to replace cover not the entire light unit; New to Honda...
Attached Images

Old 29th May 2015, 19:10   #6587
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by XtremeTorque View Post
How much does a tail-light set costs on average for 2007 Civic? Mine had a small crack on outside and when I took the car for general service today, SA told to replace the whole set. Is that necessary? Or can I just get the taillamp cover (if available) from outside and fiit it myself? I was more of a Maruthi guy replacing parts like these myself and in such cases only had to replace cover not the entire light unit; New to Honda...
Would average around INR 3500.
MrIncredible is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th May 2015, 19:51   #6588
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Forget what HASS says. Go to a decent spare shop and just buy the cover. It costs about Rs 1100 here.
coolkurt is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th May 2015, 20:04   #6589
BHPian

Quote:
Mine had a small crack on outside and when I took the car for general service today, SA told to replace the whole set. Is that necessary?
I had more than a minor crack, one idiot truck rear-ended me causing my cluster to break into a few pieces. This was in July 2014. Functionally, all the lights were working properly though. So I stuck the broken pieces with quick glue and stuck cello-tape over it and till now I never had any problem!

I was worried that during the high pressure water wash at the HASS the water may seep inside, but so far no problems!

(photo attached).
Attached Thumbnails
Honda Civic : Maintenance, Service Costs and Must dos-dsc_7623.jpg  

manim is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th May 2015, 16:42   #6590
BHPian

I am getting these quotes from HASS after a full checkup of 2007 Civic V AT. Is it normal for the same?

Wiper Rubber - 1250
LH Mirror Assembly - 8725 (Mirror not retracting)
Front RH Fender Liner - 741
Gear Box Upper Mounting - 7790
Rear LH Wheel Bearing - 9580 (slight vibration as they say)
RH Ball Joint - 4050 (slight play as they say)
Torque Rod Mounting - 4750
Stabilizer Bush (Front & Rear) - 480
Valve Cover Packing - 771 (no idea what this is)
Vtec Solenoid Rebonding - labour charges
Engine Splash Guard - 1051 + 516 for clips
Some Bonnet Mount thing ~ 1200
RH Tail Lamp - 7250 (small crack on outer cover)
Centre Armrest Assy - 6150 (clip broken, armrest pops up while driving)
Remote Transmitter Key Cover - 600
Remote Transmitter Key Battery - 420 (CR1616?)
Power Steering Rack Assy - 50800
Power Steering Pump Assy - 34000 (there is a leak somewhere, may not be any major problem for now)

I am not doing any of these there except general periodic service and some suspension bits (which comes to around 25k there and I still need to check price outside)

I wanna dig deeper into Civic DIY threads to see if I can do a temporary fix on LH Mirror retract problem. The servo motor works as we can hear it, so something maybe getting in the way for the retract section. Also need to find the clip for front centre armrest and fix it myself so that I dont need to replace these entire units from HASS.

Any idea if we can source parts online in India?
Old 31st May 2015, 08:32   #6591
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Check this out:
http://spareshub.com/

Btw. Faced a small problem yesterday. My Civic's A/C let me down yesterday afternoon and i felt a bit helpless in the searing Delhi heat. I played with the temperature settings and tried to switch it on and off but to no avail.

At night, I tried again and the A/C worked perfectly. No issues till now. Is this something that needs to be looked into? What could be the issue? Maybe some relay?
coolkurt is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st May 2015, 10:25   #6592
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolkurt View Post
Check this out:
http://spareshub.com/

Btw. Faced a small problem yesterday. My Civic's A/C let me down yesterday afternoon and i felt a bit helpless in the searing Delhi heat. I played with the temperature settings and tried to switch it on and off but to no avail.

At night, I tried again and the A/C worked perfectly. No issues till now. Is this something that needs to be looked into? What could be the issue? Maybe some relay?
Intermittent working could mostly mean the ac relay has gone bad. As usual at Hass it would cost 1200 bucks but cheaper outside.
sumeethaldankar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st May 2015, 20:21   #6593
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I am getting these quotes from HASS after a full checkup of 2007 Civic V AT. Is it normal for the same?

Wiper Rubber - 1250
LH Mirror Assembly - 8725 (Mirror not retracting)
Front RH Fender Liner - 741
Gear Box Upper Mounting - 7790
Rear LH Wheel Bearing - 9580 (slight vibration as they say)
RH Ball Joint - 4050 (slight play as they say)
Torque Rod Mounting - 4750
Stabilizer Bush (Front & Rear) - 480
Valve Cover Packing - 771 (no idea what this is)
Vtec Solenoid Rebonding - labour charges
Engine Splash Guard - 1051 + 516 for clips
Some Bonnet Mount thing ~ 1200
RH Tail Lamp - 7250 (small crack on outer cover)
Centre Armrest Assy - 6150 (clip broken, armrest pops up while driving)
Power Steering Rack Assy - 50800
Power Steering Pump Assy - 34000 (there is a leak somewhere, may not be any major problem for now)

I am not doing any of these there except general periodic service and some suspension bits (which comes to around 25k there and I still need to check price outside)

I wanna dig deeper into Civic DIY threads to see if I can do a temporary fix on LH Mirror retract problem. The servo motor works as we can hear it, so something maybe getting in the way for the retract section. Also need to find the clip for front centre armrest and fix it myself so that I dont need to replace these entire units from HASS.

What are those people smoking at Hass when they give you such quotes ! I am glad you are not taking the bait from these guys but these quotes are ridiculous. Maybe you should write to Honda that these guys are asking for replacements without giving options to repair them.

First of all the rack and power steering pump should not be simply replaced but only repaired given their astronomical cost. A pump overhaul even at Hass would could 10-11k max and outside around 5k. A rack overhaul at Hass should cost 12-13k max and outside around 7-8k max. Did these people even tell you that these 2 particular items can be repaired? I would suggest avoid this Hass or avoid the Hass advisor with whom you dealing with and find a reputed Hass ( if there is one) or a reputed garage. I am sure even the mirror can be repaired. Kindly go through the Team BHP search directory.

BTW a front suspension for my Civic outside Hass cost me 33k.
sumeethaldankar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st May 2015, 20:53   #6594
BHPian

Quote:
Can you please expand on this? I have been asking the HASS guys to replace the broken key cover but they always respond by suggesting to replace the entire security system for a new set of keys!
Old 1st June 2015, 10:12   #6595
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by crux View Post
Can you please expand on this? I have been asking the HASS guys to replace the broken key cover but they always respond by suggesting to replace the entire security system for a new set of keys!
Check on e-sites. I have seen these advertised. So you should be able to get one from there.
Old 1st June 2015, 10:39   #6596
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by crux View Post
My remote key only works intermittently as if the battery is weak. So I asked HASS to check it when I went there for Service. They quoted those prices for the same. My keyfob is faded and has scratchmarks due to usage, so that maybe why they advised to replace the cover too which costs like 600 bucks according to them. Anyway I bought battery (Panasonic CR1616) from Ebay and it will be here in the coming days so I will replace it myself. About the key cover, I will live with that for now or put a silicon cover on top of that that costs like 250 bucks online and available in all colours.

In your case, if some circuit is broken inside the key then I think its normal for them to replace the entire security system as the keycode is tied up to immobilizer and such. So if your remote transmitter is working fine but only the cover is broken then use a silicon cover on it or try to get a replacement keyfob yourself and swap the circuits inside. If you think your battery is weak get one from watch repair shops for like 40-60 rs.

Check these items on Ebay:

White Silicon key Cover for Civic

Honda Remote Keyshell

They are not OEM, so buy at your own risk. And search with other reputed sellers and online shops too.

Last edited by XtremeTorque : 1st June 2015 at 10:50.
Old 1st June 2015, 11:57   #6597
BANNED

Can someone check the rating of the Accessory fuse - Fuse 39. I have 15A but suspect it was 20A or something similar earlier.
Old 1st June 2015, 14:54   #6598
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgiitk View Post
Can someone check the rating of the Accessory fuse - Fuse 39. I have 15A but suspect it was 20A or something similar earlier.
I have only 38 fuses inside. Which Civic was yours? First gen or second in India? Second gen was the one with Cruise control, Octagonal tail lamp etc.
Old 1st June 2015, 18:28   #6599
BANNED

Quote:
Quote:
I have only 38 fuses inside. Which Civic was yours? First gen or second in India? Second gen was the one with Cruise control, Octagonal tail lamp etc.
Oops, it should have been 29 and not 39. Sorry!
Old 1st June 2015, 18:52   #6600
BHPian

Quote:
Oops, it should have been 29 and not 39
Fuse 29 is blue 15A . Wish the fuse sockets were colour coded like in some other cars

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks