Team-BHP > Technical Stuff

Search this Thread
Old 3rd June 2015, 09:49   #6601
Senior - BHPian

re: Honda Civic : Maintenance, Service Costs and Must dos

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgiitk View Post
Can someone check the rating of the Accessory fuse - Fuse 39. I have 15A but suspect it was 20A or something similar earlier.

Fuse number 29 for the Accessory is 15A, Blue color coded.

This is actually surrounded by the 20A fuses, Fuse 30 and Fuse 26 (27 and 28 are blank I guess), which powers the window switches and motors.
sarathlal is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd June 2015, 10:25   #6602
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarathlal View Post
Fuse number 29 for the Accessory is 15A, Blue color coded.
Thanks. I had a failure about four years ago, ans was in a small dealership so was not sure whether they had the right fuse. Also, this time coming to to the NCR the Tropicool car fridge blew the fuse, and so replaced it from the spares under the bonnet. So I was just checking.
Old 3rd June 2015, 23:18   #6603
BHPian

Can someone help me with wipers for civic. I want to order the same online but unable to find any on most of the websites. Has anyone ordered them online ?
Old 4th June 2015, 00:12   #6604
Senior - BHPian

I got mine from a local store (Prakash Auto, Milan subway) last year for 600 to 700 bucks. The quality is good and better the what HASS at Solitaire had installed.
Old 4th June 2015, 10:34   #6605
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgiitk View Post
Thanks. I had a failure about four years ago, ans was in a small dealership so was not sure whether they had the right fuse. Also, this time coming to to the NCR the Tropicool car fridge blew the fuse, and so replaced it from the spares under the bonnet. So I was just checking.
Novice question Sir, but where exactly is the fuse box located on the Civic? Is it easily accessible?

Thanks in advance.
Old 4th June 2015, 11:23   #6606
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saurabhkum View Post
Can someone help me with wipers for civic. I want to order the same online but unable to find any on most of the websites. Has anyone ordered them online ?
Snapdeal - Hella Wiper Blades

Bosch Aero Twin

Check Jazzmyride.com too

Quote:
Originally Posted by saket77 View Post
Novice question Sir, but where exactly is the fuse box located on the Civic? Is it easily accessible?
XtremeTorque is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th June 2015, 11:47   #6607
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by XtremeTorque View Post
Thanks for the links. Is this the same 8th Gen Civic that we have in India? I see that there are 2 fuse boxes, one under the central dashboard area and one in the engine bay.

Coming to the other links about the viper blades; I see the one sold on Snapdeal is not the aero twin OE Type blades. The blades are more like the second link (vicky.in) but here is a not so good report of it: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...ce-pg-3-a.html

Regards.
Old 4th June 2015, 11:51   #6608
Senior - BHPian

Honda discontinued the Civic because of diesel cutting into petrol. That problem is now a lot less.

I wonder if they will bring in Civic and Accord again. Their offering ends at City and then there is a huge price/product gap between City and CR-V. CR-V is an extremely niche segment and can be ignored as a product segment served by Honda.

My close friend has a 5-year Civic AT at 19,000 km and I wish I could lay my hands on a used Civic/Corolla of 2010+ and <50,000 km.
Old 4th June 2015, 12:14   #6609
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saket77 View Post
Thanks for the links. Is this the same 8th Gen Civic that we have in India? I see that there are 2 fuse boxes, one under the central dashboard area and one in the engine bay.
Yes its the same, except for LHS config. 38 fuses under the steering column and dozen other fuses on engine bay. About the Wiper blades, I would get the Bosch Aero twin myself instead of other cheaper options. Honda quoted me 1300 for wiper blades but I dont know what brand they are going to use, So I am replacing it myself.

Although we cant comapre Vicky.in to the likes of Flipkart or Amazon, but its not that bad for a small purchase. I have bought body decals from Vicky.in before and apart from slow shipping, I didnt face any problem with them. Customer support may be poor, but if we know what we are buying then I dont think we have to even get to customer care for anything.
XtremeTorque is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th June 2015, 12:46   #6610
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Yes its the same, except for LHS config. 38 fuses under the steering column and dozen other fuses on engine bay. About the Wiper blades, I would get the Bosch Aero twin myself instead of other cheaper options. Honda quoted me 1300 for wiper blades but I dont know what brand they are going to use, So I am replacing it myself.
The OE wiper blades on my Civic were of the 'MITSUBA' brand. I have replaced them once in the last 5 years and HASS installed the same brand. This was pricey at 1600 INR just for the blades. I would be interested to hear feedback on the Bosch wiper blades and the associated cost if purchased online.

Quote:
Although we cant compare Vicky.in to the likes of Flipkart or Amazon, but its not that bad for a small purchase. I have bought body decals from Vicky.in before and apart from slow shipping, I didnt face any problem with them. Customer support may be poor, but if we know what we are buying then I dont think we have to even get to customer care for anything.
Time and again, I have logged into their site to buy something but negative reviews have kept me away till now. But I do see some good items they have which I have not been able to find in other sites. One such item is the Dupont Tyvek cover for the Civic. I had once sent a query asking about the approximate shipping time and I got a one line response sans any greetings/pleasantries. That speaks volumes about their customer service.

Last edited by rr_zen : 4th June 2015 at 12:47.
rr_zen is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th June 2015, 20:16   #6611
BHPian

Quote:
About the Wiper blades, I would get the Bosch Aero twin myself instead of other cheaper options. Honda quoted me 1300 for wiper blades but I dont know what brand they are going to use, So I am replacing it myself.
Why do you ant to change the entire blade ? Any damage to it ?
I got the rubber's on my Pre owned car changed few months ago and HASS charged me Rs.200 odd for the rubber + labour.
Old 4th June 2015, 22:23   #6612
BHPian

Really? Do they change only the rubber? I also want to get then changed and confused which about which one I should go for
Old 5th June 2015, 00:05   #6613
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajanvash View Post
Experts, need some help with my Civic VMT which is 20K plus now and almost 2 years old (20 days to go).

I have a strange problem as a thud sound (not very loud) coming from front right when I hit a pothole or rough patch. Have taken it to Honda Service, they retorqued the complete suspension (charged 1000 INR) and stated that the sound would come sometimes when rough patch is hit. Is it normal for other civic owners?

One more, while driving I hear a sound from steering area, similar to the sound when the indicator is disengaged after the turn is complete. Honda Service guys could not figure out what is causing it. Did anyone have a similar experience?

By the way, its 20 more days for manufacturer's warranty. Please share anything which I should check before its out of Manufacturer's warranty.

Thanks in advance.
Guys my car is having same issue. The engine mount and the front suspension has been overhauled but the clunk sound remains. It happens mostly on rough roads especially while turning left and the right wheel goes in pothole etc. Any pointers ?

Thanks
Old 5th June 2015, 11:32   #6614
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by WasavaTyres View Post
Why do you ant to change the entire blade ? Any damage to it ?
I got the rubber's on my Pre owned car changed few months ago and HASS charged me Rs.200 odd for the rubber + labour.
Can you please post the part number for the wiper rubber? Looks like a very good proposition against the expensive OE type blades.

Thanks.
Old 5th June 2015, 11:59   #6615
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manim View Post
I had more than a minor crack, one idiot truck rear-ended me causing my cluster to break into a few pieces. This was in July 2014. Functionally, all the lights were working properly though. So I stuck the broken pieces with quick glue and stuck cello-tape over it and till now I never had any problem!

I was worried that during the high pressure water wash at the HASS the water may seep inside, but so far no problems!

(photo attached).
I too have a crack on my left tail lamp cover due to a two wheeler hit. I have done the same cello tape treatment and it has held on well for the last 3 years!
vasoo is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed