Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th April 2010, 18:24   #691
BHPian

60K Service

I have fixed an appointment for the 60K Service tomorrow (Civic-AT).
Transmission-fluid and Brake-fluid will be changed for the first time.
Delivery was promised early evening.
I plan to spend the whole day near my car.
(wonder if I am allowed to, the service staff may kick me out?).
Old 8th April 2010, 21:50   #692
Senior - BHPian

Mirror replacement was INR 423/-, all inclusive.
Old 9th April 2010, 08:51   #693
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImmortalZ View Post
Thats pretty cheap I must say. Hope the quality of the mirror is as good as the one that came with the car.
Old 9th April 2010, 09:08   #694
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mukeshgoel View Post
I also got it (fender lining) changedlast week only. It came down at its own and started to touch front left wheel and in the process got damaged.

Costed me Rs.1500 incl. labour and all taxes.
I replaced the fender lining yesterday and it cost me the same, about Rs1452 inclusive of parts cost and installation. There was a slight misalignment of the left fender which was corrected.
Old 9th April 2010, 09:13   #695
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rr_zen View Post
Thats pretty cheap I must say. Hope the quality of the mirror is as good as the one that came with the car.
Original Honda OEM replacement. It's identical to the one that came with the car.

@sgiitk : Maybe that's why they haven't called me for my next service. It's due on Monday.
Old 9th April 2010, 09:56   #696
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by rr_zen View Post
I always believe that it is better to get the wheel alignment, balancing and rotation done at a competent tyre dealer at specified intervals than leaving it in the hands of the A.S.S.
I fully agree. Rotation should be part of service, and ensure it is done. One trick - make a small mark on the spare and see whether it appears!

As for alignment with more and more cars with rigid rear axles many tyre shops do not align the rear wheels. My last two main cars (Accent and before that Esteem) had IRS. The last time I took the Accent in the chap did no do the rear, and was arguing with me that it is not recommended. His alignment jig also did not have the settings programmed.

PS: I have a Civic AT on order hence am paying particular attention to this thread.

Last edited by sgiitk : 9th April 2010 at 09:58.
Old 9th April 2010, 13:57   #697
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgiitk View Post
I fully agree. Rotation should be part of service, and ensure it is done. One trick - make a small mark on the spare and see whether it appears!
Good thought but not sure if the A.S.S includes the spare wheel in the rotation, all the more since the newer Civics have a non-alloy spare wheel.

Quote:
As for alignment with more and more cars with rigid rear axles many tyre shops do not align the rear wheels. My last two main cars (Accent and before that Esteem) had IRS. The last time I took the Accent in the chap did no do the rear, and was arguing with me that it is not recommended. His alignment jig also did not have the settings programmed.
Thats news to me. I changed all tyres on my Esteem two weeks back and the tyre dealer indeed did the alignment for the rear wheels as well. Maybe this is something that one needs to watch out for.

Again, how confident are we with the A.S.S doing the alignment for the rear wheels esp since it does not happen in the customer's presence ?

Quote:
PS: I have a Civic AT on order hence am paying particular attention to this thread.
Congrats ! I thought you already owned one. Is it a new one or a used one that you are looking at?
Old 9th April 2010, 14:39   #698

Quote:
That's reasonable. I first thought you might be talking about the whole mirror assembly.

I had a bike smash the driver's side mirror indicator (the 3 LEDs still worked fine) and leave the electronic mirror adjustment damaged (it was manually adjustable though). The actual mirror itself had just come loose - I took it to Honda to place it back for me.

Eventually replaced the mirror assembly for 6.5k (they can't open it up & it's not possible replace just the transparent indicator cover).
Old 9th April 2010, 15:17   #699
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by koshyjohnuk View Post
Eventually replaced the mirror assembly for 6.5k (they can't open it up & it's not possible replace just the transparent indicator cover).
Sounds like a pretty fair price for a fully motorised mirror assembly with LEDs. The Baleno mirror assembly (SGP) costs around 5.5K !
Old 10th April 2010, 11:31   #700
Senior - BHPian

Coincidentally, the Civic rear suspension is independent, but not adjustable. You need aftermarket camber plates to adjust the rear.

I did an alignment and balancing at an outside shop for the first time a couple weeks back. The whole thing was out of whack. Pretty obvious that the A.S.S never did the alignment and balancing that they were charging me for.
Old 10th April 2010, 17:56   #701
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Pretty obvious that the A.S.S never did the alignment and balancing that they were charging me for.
I am not surprised. IMO the A.S.S's forte is not wheel alignment and balancing and hence we are better off getting it done at a reputed tyre dealer outside and in front of our eyes.
Old 10th April 2010, 22:03   #702
BHPian

Quote:
Does this noise occur when you're standing still? If not, your tyre might have developed a flat spot. It shouldn't, with ABS... but that's worth checking out.
After careful observation, I found that the cut-cut noise comes only when the car is up the ramp and turning right, with front left climbing the curb. Seems to be either some steering issue or suspension. How do I diagnose ?
Old 11th April 2010, 18:19   #703
BHPian

60K Service over

60K Service over.
Car is nearly 3 years old.

Total amount paid - Rs.6,721 (inc. taxes)

breakup (inc. taxes):
Parts:
Synthetic engine oil - Rs.2,362
AT Oil - Rs.1,120
Brake fluid - Rs.315
Oil filter - Rs.155
Air filter - Rs.820
Washer - Rs.19

Labour:
60K service - Rs.1,214
4 Wheel balancing - Rs.330
Wheel alignment - Rs.386

Car is great! Hoping to enjoy it till 2 lakh kms!
manim is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th April 2010, 19:29   #704
Senior - BHPian

Hi,

Quote:
Pretty obvious that the A.S.S never did the alignment and balancing that they were charging me for.
If at all you do alignment (anywhere), insist on a print out. I did get a printout of the alignment done at Peninsular Honda.

Last edited by trrk : 11th April 2010 at 19:34.
Old 12th April 2010, 09:11   #705
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkc15 View Post
After careful observation, I found that the cut-cut noise comes only when the car is up the ramp and turning right, with front left climbing the curb. Seems to be either some steering issue or suspension. How do I diagnose ?
Another possibility is a drive shaft issue. Get it checked ASAP. If the boot is torn, then every KM you drive is significantly reducing the life of the CV joint.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks