Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th September 2016, 19:04   #7771
Team-BHP Support

Honda Civic : Maintenance, Service Costs and Must dos

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARCUS_520i View Post
Quick question!

The child lock on my Civic's LHS rear door has accidentally been engaged.

How do I disable it?

When you open the door, check the small hinge like structure. Somewhere near it will be a small toggle type switch, either black or white in color. Toggle the switch to the other position and the child lock will disengage.
Old 26th September 2016, 20:27   #7772
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axe77 View Post
When you open the door, check the small hinge like structure. Somewhere near it will be a small toggle type switch, either black or white in color. Toggle the switch to the other position and the child lock will disengage.
Thanks, man!

Is this the driver's door that you're referring to?
Old 26th September 2016, 21:46   #7773
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Honda Civic : Maintenance, Service Costs and Must dos

Quote:
Thanks, man!

Children are meant to travel in the back seat and we as responsible adults should make it sure. Hence, you would find child locks only on the rear doors.

Regards,
Saket.
saket77 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th September 2016, 22:31   #7774
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Thanks, man!

Both rear doors. I thought you said accidentally "engaged" which I assumed meant child lock is On.

As Saket77 mentioned, children are only meant to travel in the rear.
Old 26th September 2016, 23:06   #7775
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saket77 View Post
Children are meant to travel in the back seat and we as responsible adults should make it sure. Hence, you would find child locks only on the rear doors.

Regards,
Saket.
LOL. Thanks. But, I kinda knew that already, as you may see it mentioned in my original query.

The first reply to my question mentions of a little switch, which as you mention, is located on the door.

And here's me repeating my query:
The child lock on my LHS rear door has been accidentally engaged.
The door is not opening.
How do I disable it?
Old 26th September 2016, 23:47   #7776
BHPian

Quote:
LOL. Thanks. But, I kinda knew that already, as you may see it mentioned in my original query.

The first reply to my question mentions of a little switch, which as you mention, is located on the door.

And here's me repeating my query:
The child lock on my LHS rear door has been accidentally engaged.
The door is not opening.
How do I disable it?
Open offending door. Look for said switch along the ridge where the door meets the frame of the body. Toggle said switch. You should be done
coolvenk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th September 2016, 09:55   #7777
BHPian

Guys want to improve the low beam for my Civic. Any suggestion that does not involve relays? Also, would like to know if any good looking fog lamps can be tried, absolutely noob in these areas! Thanks
Old 29th September 2016, 10:34   #7778
BANNED

@avisidhu; On my Civic I replaced fog lights with 55W 3000K HIDs. I have Hyalux ballasts, and CN bulbs. Works very nicely. Maybe I should have gone down to the more common 2700K. Remember I use my fogs only in fog/mist or heavy rqin.
sgiitk is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th September 2016, 11:50   #7779
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by avisidhu View Post
Guys want to improve the low beam for my Civic. Any suggestion that does not involve relays? Also, would like to know if any good looking fog lamps can be tried, absolutely noob in these areas! Thanks
I replaced the ones on mine with Philips extremevision. I think they were HB3 and HB4. No relays no changes. Direct fit and much much better light than the stock bulbs. Wattage was 55W IIRC.
WasavaTyres is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th September 2016, 12:02   #7780
BHPian

Quote:
I changed my low beam bulbs to Philips HB4 9006 X-treme Vision Headlight Bulb (12V, 55W)*, which I bought from Amazon. They cost 1200 for a pair, including shipping. I changed it myself; it took 20 minutes and was fairly simple. Didnt require a relay. Look at the manual for how to do this. The low beam is somewhat better and I now find it acceptable in most cases. I also had the Honda A.S.S. realign the lights during my regular service, which also improved things a bit.
coolvenk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th September 2016, 17:40   #7781
BHPian

^^ Thanks a ton for the inputs guys. Let me check if any local outlet has the Philips ones, else will order online.

There's one more issue which Honda ASS didn't even bother checking. The HU is not able to read the USB that's present inside the armrest. In fact the Honda guy told me confidently that it looks to have been added later since Civic HU doesn't support USB, but I told him it should ideally be factory fit as the Dual DIN HU was introduced as a special edition or something.

Would appreciate if anyone has any idea on this and what I can do to get this rectified. Hate having CD's stacked up inside the car, so managing with FM meanwhile

Quote:
Apparently the part connecting the wheel to the suspension unit has a bent, that's what the preliminary analysis revealed. Shall be giving the car back tomorrow for part replacement and hoping this gets resolved once and for all.
Thought I'll update on this as well. The shocker, arm and knuckle were all replaced on the front passenger side. There was not even a scratch near the entire assembly so no idea what happened, but apparently the knuckle suffered a bent during its previous ownership. Thankfully post the replacement, the pull towards left side has disappeared. So all good for now.

Last edited by avisidhu : 30th September 2016 at 17:45.
Old 3rd October 2016, 19:56   #7782
Distinguished - BHPian

Didn't know that tires for civic in stock size can be difficult to source! After more than a month of hunting for Goodyear Assurance Triple max tires in 195/65 R15, finally got them fitted today! Thanks to BHPian Leoshashi who had good contacts with the GY distributor here. And after a month of waiting, finally got them today.
saket77 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th October 2016, 16:17   #7783
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saket77 View Post
Didn't know that tires for civic in stock size can be difficult to source! After more than a month of hunting for Goodyear Assurance Triple max tires in 195/65 R15, finally got them fitted today! Thanks to BHPian Leoshashi who had good contacts with the GY distributor here. And after a month of waiting, finally got them today.
Just out of curiosity, how much did you pay for them? And, any reason why your favoured these over other options?
Old 4th October 2016, 21:52   #7784
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolvenk View Post
Just out of curiosity, how much did you pay for them? And, any reason why your favoured these over other options?
Well, there are better tires there for sure, like Michelin and Yokohama which come to the mind instantly. But I am wary of Michelin because of the poor experience in my Zen. I have already reported that on the forum. I was told by the dealer that this problem has to do with my low running. I had to back off because of lack of arguments but then recently another set of Michelins xm1+ On another car in my apartment with much higher running had an identical failure pointing to the fault in the tire. I have decided to stay away from them although I accept that performance wise they are right up there.
Coming to my choice of GY assurance triple max, it looks like a very good tire as per its specs (specifically assurance triple max; not plain assurance tire). My initial experience attests it too. It is pitched as a tire with great wet and dry grip with max braking ability. It is too early to comment but if it delivers even a part of what is promised then it is a value buy for Rs. 4650 per tire. My Civic was riding on Pirellis and my benchmark will be based on the same.
I shall surely report the long term experience.

Regards.
Attached Thumbnails
Honda Civic : Maintenance, Service Costs and Must dos-image.jpg  

Last edited by saket77 : 4th October 2016 at 21:56.
saket77 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 5th October 2016, 11:52   #7785
Senior - BHPian

My stock GY Eagle NCT 5, gave me goodservice for 60k, and then GY Excellence gave me good service for 40K. My experience with Yoko - db, was mixed. It gave me service for 15K

I am running on GY assurance for the last 15K. I like them.

Anyways I do not know how to make out if I am gliding or flying with tyres , so GY is the best bet for me
laluks is offline   (4) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks