Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th June 2010, 22:58   #781
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hiren.mistry View Post
Well, I am not sure the accessory shop I spoke to has access to such exotics.
I don't mean to deride anyone but at this point I'd rather let Honda service take care of the AUX-In thing.

Thanks
My bad dude..missed the line where you said you rather get the aux-in thingy done with honda. I am totally with you on this. Good thing with going to Honda is you can always go hold them up for any fault on the installed product.

Waiting for my ride to come in tomorrow morning. Hopefully its as good as new.
Old 15th June 2010, 10:53   #782
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by civic-sense View Post
Did 45K service today.

Asked for 3M interior and exterior cleaning. Interior turned out to be good, exterior, average. Damage: 3500

But, as usual, car feels better to drive after the service.
What is included in this interior/exterior treatment? I saw a couple of cars being done when I had gone to get my Civic checked.
I plan to get this done post monsoons. Is it just a one time job or they do it thrice a year as with other such treatments?

Quote:
Originally Posted by redsfx View Post
My bad dude..missed the line where you said you rather get the aux-in thingy done with honda. I am totally with you on this. Good thing with going to Honda is you can always go hold them up for any fault on the installed product.

Waiting for my ride to come in tomorrow morning. Hopefully its as good as new.
Nay worries mate! All the best for your car.
Old 15th June 2010, 16:44   #783
BHPian

When the rear defogger is turned on, does the glass / the thin lines get warm when the defogger is on? I am not sure if rear defogger is working on my civic as it does not warm up.
In terms of visibility what should be expected out of it. Is it supposed to clear only the vapours or may be evaporate the water droplets? Sorry for such novice questions but my previous car did not have this.
Old 15th June 2010, 19:26   #784
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hiren.mistry View Post
What is included in this interior/exterior treatment? I saw a couple of cars being done when I had gone to get my Civic checked.
I plan to get this done post monsoons. Is it just a one time job or they do it thrice a year as with other such treatments?
In interior, they clean the dash, door panels, upholstery and mats. On the exterior, they do rubbing and polishing. There were some marks left by hard water that didn't go off even after the treatment.

Today a Siemens company bus rammed on to the rear of the car with a huge sound. I felt that it damaged the rear quite a bit, but when I got out to have a look, I was pleasantly surprised to see that it has only dislodged the bumper a bit. That is some build quality. I had never trusted Honda for build quality. Especially after I saw a bike ram into the rear of an NHC and the bumper falling off!!!

BTW, any Siemens employees here? You have some really bad bus drivers there. This one was apparently drunk.

Last edited by civic-sense : 15th June 2010 at 19:30.
Old 16th June 2010, 12:02   #785
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by alto99 View Post
When the rear defogger is turned on, does the glass / the thin lines get warm when the defogger is on? I am not sure if rear defogger is working on my civic as it does not warm up.
In terms of visibility what should be expected out of it. Is it supposed to clear only the vapours or may be evaporate the water droplets? Sorry for such novice questions but my previous car did not have this.
The defogger will only evaporate fog. It doesn't get hot enough to evaporate water droplets. It does get warm when you turn it on though. If you installed sun film from an inexperienced person, they might've cut the defogger lines accidentally and ruined the thing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by civic-sense View Post
In interior, they clean the dash, door panels, upholstery and mats. On the exterior, they do rubbing and polishing. There were some marks left by hard water that didn't go off even after the treatment.

Today a Siemens company bus rammed on to the rear of the car with a huge sound. I felt that it damaged the rear quite a bit, but when I got out to have a look, I was pleasantly surprised to see that it has only dislodged the bumper a bit. That is some build quality. I had never trusted Honda for build quality. Especially after I saw a bike ram into the rear of an NHC and the bumper falling off!!!

BTW, any Siemens employees here? You have some really bad bus drivers there. This one was apparently drunk.
Get it checked anyway. The steel frame behind the bumper might be dented. If that's the case, get it straightened back or in case of serious damage, replace it. Otherwise, the next time you get rear ended, serious damage will occur.
Old 16th June 2010, 12:12   #786
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImmortalZ View Post
The defogger will only evaporate fog. It doesn't get hot enough to evaporate water droplets. It does get warm when you turn it on though. If you installed sun film from an inexperienced person, they might've cut the defogger lines accidentally and ruined the thing.
Thanks. I have not installed sunfilms. So I must get it checked as it does not warm up. There hasnt been fog formation yet to actually check it though.
Old 16th June 2010, 19:53   #787
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImmortalZ View Post
Get it checked anyway. The steel frame behind the bumper might be dented. If that's the case, get it straightened back or in case of serious damage, replace it. Otherwise, the next time you get rear ended, serious damage will occur.
I think, I'd heed that advice. "Internal injuries" can be more serious than visible ones.

Last edited by civic-sense : 16th June 2010 at 19:54.
Old 16th June 2010, 20:23   #788
BHPian

Ground clearance

Hello All,

Am considering to buy Civic, but was little worried about the ground clearance factor:

From all your experience, how bad is the ground clearance in Civic? If it gets bottomed out, what part of the car gets damaged? Has anyone had a real bad damage to the car due to car bottoming out?
Old 17th June 2010, 08:36   #789
Senior - BHPian

There are steel frame rails on either side of the car that take most of the hits. You also might hit the low hanging mudguards. If you hit the middle of the car (like a very high manhole cover), there is a steel tube that runs along the front part of the car that takes the hit.

The ground clearance is not that bad really, especially in the new facelift version which doesn't drop as hard as the old car when fully loaded.

But in Bangalore, you're bound to scrape here and there. Taking humps by crab crawling is one way of avoiding some of it.
Old 17th June 2010, 09:58   #790
BHPian

Ground clearance is not bad (at least in the facelift). Havent scraped as yet. Anyways I am slow at humps.
Old 17th June 2010, 10:34   #791
BANNED

I support alto99. The issue may come up if you are 4 up and/or have a heavy load in the boot. It appears to be over hyped.
Old 17th June 2010, 12:19   #792
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgiitk View Post
I support alto99. The issue may come up if you are 4 up and/or have a heavy load in the boot. It appears to be over hyped.
Did the "ultimate test" when my folks had come for a visit last month. Went to pick them up from the railway station. Had 6 adults and two kids in the car along with around 50kg of luggage in the boot. I was extra careful in the bumps, and the underbelly did scrape a couple of bumps even then. But it turned out to be not-too-bad as I thought. I guess, I can live with it.

BTW, I upgraded to bigger tyres after that. Haven't driven much on "bumpy" roads after that.
Old 17th June 2010, 14:50   #793
Senior - BHPian

I have never had the issue of the underbody scraping over a road hump thus far. However, the other day I was taken by surprise when I had to enter the gate at home and I heard a strong scraping sound. There were two adults and one child in the rear and two adults in the front. I must admit that the entry into the house is an inclined driveway. Nevertheless, I have not faced this problem in my Esteem with 5 adults on board.
Old 20th June 2010, 10:54   #794
Senior - BHPian

Been a week since I got my Civic home and so far I can't get enough of the car. Did a 200 kms long drive yesterday, the drive threw up some things for me to ponder. So here's my one week roundup of my Civic.

The engine:
Its a gem, it loves revs and it pulls and pulls. The surge of power is very addictive and just don't feel like backing up. I've reached a top of 140 kph.

The brakes:
The initial bite of the brakes is very strong but it does not have the same bite further down. I have not had the chance to test the brakes, thankfully. Perhaps I have not gathered enough courage to stomp on the brakes.

The suspension:
This has been a mixed bag for me. Its reasonably firm at low speeds but then it becomes supple at higher speeds. With a full complement of 5 passengers the rear suspension has a tendency to bottom out and it thuds quite loudly. Its quite disconcerting. After having an Esteem with a similar problem I thought I had seen the last of bottom rear suspension but its not to be.

Fuel Efficiency:
With around 150 kms of city driving in some bad traffic and AC on 100% of the time, the car averaged around 9.2 kpl. On the highway run it was a lot more efficient and averaged 13.3 kpl with fairly spirited driving. Quite happy with it. I am sure the city average will also improve as I get a hang of the car.

Now I want to do something about the rear suspension. The newly upgraded Civic has the problem alleviated, can something be done about this in my car? I've scrapped the cars bottom once on one of the speed breaker and the sound was sickening and heart wrenching.

All in all, I am reasonably happy with the car and I'd give it 7.5 out of 10.

Thanks
Old 20th June 2010, 13:50   #795
BHPian

I have a 2007 model Civic VMT. It has got a small plug where we can attach an i-pod. Can I attach a pen drive there? Where can I gat the suitable wire/adapter for the same? Is it available with Honda?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks