Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th May 2017, 23:32   #8356
Senior - BHPian

Re: Honda Civic : Maintenance, Service Costs and Must dos

I am having this problem in CNG if I drive post 3k rpm the car later at signals etc would idle poorly and come to stall and die. This happens only if i drive post 3k rpm. To overcome this issue i tend to drive in petrol for more duration at less than 3k rpm and the problem subsides over time.

I believe some vtec action happens once one crosses 3k rpm. Can this vtec event be the root cause of this peculiar issue.I mean any valve etc opens or closes post 3k rpm which the causes poor idling problem. In petrol it runs fine even after spirited runs only in cng this happens.

Some points to add.
Car has new coils, spark plugs and air filter. Hass had done throttle body cleaning 2.6k kms ago and i really think this might be the issue. Any pointers on my problem.

Last edited by sumeethaldankar : 19th May 2017 at 23:33.
Old 20th May 2017, 07:49   #8357
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kunal_kaushal View Post
Hi All,

the rubber moldings which are present next to the roof weather strips have perished (kindly refer to the red arrows in the attached pic), has anyone experienced the same issue and a solution would be highly appreciated.

Regards
Kunal
There's this moulding and then there's a thinner rubber strip that runs along the same. The rubber strip on mine has come off in places. HASS didn't have the same in Stock so I stuck the moulding back in shape with some feviquik. It's been a year and it's holding good.

Some specific parts @HASS have slowly started becoming an issue. For eg, I've been asking for a PS bottle for a while but they just don't have it in Stock. The one that they gave is for the brio, jazz etc and it has a different internal design so the PS fluid kept oozing out because of the high pressure.
For now, I've got the bottle opened and cleaned and am using the same.
coolkurt is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th May 2017, 12:25   #8358
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolkurt View Post
There's this moulding and then there's a thinner rubber strip that runs along the same. The rubber strip on mine has come off in place.
Just called up HASS and they have informed that the rubber beading and the plastic weather strip is one complete part cost for the same is 3300 INR + labour charges.

It seems, need to get the whole strip replaced

Regards
Kunal

Last edited by kunal_kaushal : 20th May 2017 at 12:27. Reason: Fixed typo.
Old 20th May 2017, 12:32   #8359
BHPian

Quote:
Hi All,

the rubber moldings which are present next to the roof weather strips have perished (kindly refer to the red arrows in the attached pic), has anyone experienced the same issue and a solution would be highly appreciated.

Regards
Kunal
I had the same issue. Had to change the complete roof moulding. Don't remember but paid 5000+ for the entire one piece moulding. Was readily available in stock. In my case, a rubber strip would keep coming into the windscreen. I could've trimmed it, decided to change the whole thing.In hindsight, it doesn't have any functional purpose, trim it and keep going.
handsofsteel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd May 2017, 09:39   #8360
BANNED

Quote:
As far as I am aware, fee months back both Pearl Honda and Ring Road Honda (Gurgram HASS) were having wiper rubbers readily available.
Well fyi my son checked and Pearl were also out, so he ended up getting them mail order. Since the Civic is a discontinued animal this is what will happen with the HASS. He expects to go to Pearl for service in a couple of months, and then we will see some more of them.
sgiitk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd May 2017, 10:37   #8361
BHPian

My Civic becomes 10 years old today

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/owning...ml#post4202574

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...ml#post4202566

Replied to another thread, the FE figures:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...ml#post4202619

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 24th May 2017 at 21:30. Reason: Back to back posts merged.
manim is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd May 2017, 15:00   #8362
Senior - BHPian

I was a bit wary before a planned Road trip to Narkanda in Himachal Pradesh last weekend. There had been a few niggles till the last moment plus the mental burden of driving a 10+ year old car in the himalayas. The car was still on stock wheel bearings and I was wondering if I needed some preventive part changes.

Got it checked at my trusty FNG and everything checked in well. Narkanda is a good 9 hour drive from Delhi, with the route passing through Parwanoo, shimla, kufri. The car handled really well and ran like a well oiled machine all through. Even when a hailstorm tried to put a spoke in our travel plan, where we had to take a harsher route, the Civic's performance exceeded my expectations. Back to being a solid reliable ride in my books.
coolkurt is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd May 2017, 23:58   #8363
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manim View Post
Replied to another thread, the FE figures:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...ml#post4202619
I was just calculating the amount of fuel you must have used up while covering the 160k kms. At a average of 12.2 kmpl it would come at approx 13114.75 litres of fuel which lets say at the average price of 70 Rs per litre would come at a whopping 918032 Rs. Divide the same by ten and it would come at 90k a year approx. Still not bad since you enjoy the car thoroughly.

Since I have CNG'ed my Civic sometimes i wish i had not done so as it does rob quite a bit of the fun. However Mumbai traffic is no fun to drive and the CNG does help in terms of savings which can be then put into the car in terms of maintenance.
sumeethaldankar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd May 2017, 01:12   #8364
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumeethaldankar View Post
I was just calculating the amount of fuel you must have used up while covering the 160k kms. At a average of 12.2 kmpl it would come at approx 13114.75 litres of fuel which lets say at the average price of 70 Rs per litre would come at a whopping Rs.918032
The exact amount I paid is Rs.7,86,405 in 10 years
Petrol was Rs.48.50/liter when I bought the car in May 2007.

A diesel car would have saved me lots of money though.
I was choosing between the Honda-Civic, Toyota-Corolla and the Skoda-Octavia.
(The Octavia is of course a diesel).

Here is a clipping from Overdrive mag Sep-2006, which had a comparison between the three:
Attached Thumbnails
Honda Civic : Maintenance, Service Costs and Must dos-c02.jpg  

Honda Civic : Maintenance, Service Costs and Must dos-c01.jpg  

Last edited by manim : 23rd May 2017 at 01:19.
manim is online now   (5) Thanks
Old 23rd May 2017, 09:13   #8365
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manim View Post
I was choosing between the Honda-Civic, Toyota-Corolla and the Skoda-Octavia.
It is quite a coincidence that these were the three cars that I had shortlisted and test-driven when I was buying my Civic. Nearly a decade later, I'm glad that I allowed my heart to rule over my head at that time.
Old 23rd May 2017, 14:50   #8366

Quote:
Just called up HASS and they have informed that the rubber beading and the plastic weather strip is one complete part cost for the same is 3300 INR + labour charges.

It seems, need to get the whole strip replaced

Regards
Kunal
Surprising.

I'd posted a while back regarding a leakage I had on the A pillar of my Civic. I still haven't got around to taking care of the issue due to lack of time, but when I threw a passing question to by SA whilst my car was being serviced at HASS, he gave me a quote of 11000+ for the weather stripping. Doubting my ears I repeated sought to confirm this quote, and he didn't budge...

Wonder how there could be such a huge disparity in component prices?
pearce634 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd May 2017, 15:48   #8367
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pearce634 View Post
Surprising.

he gave me a quote of 11000+ for the weather stripping. Doubting my ears I repeated sought to confirm this quote, and he didn't budge...

Wonder how there could be such a huge disparity in component prices?
As far as I know this is one particular malpractice among lots other malpractices present at HASS, explanation to which is which is beyond any logic (same manufacturers, same exact components but different pricing across the country).

Regards
Kunal
Old 24th May 2017, 14:55   #8368
BHPian

Bhpians,

I drive a lot in the night and I find the Civic's headlights to be extremely weak.

While browsing headlamps offered by Philips, I found this product.

http://www.philips.co.in/c-p/12985BW...headlight-bulb

Has anyone tried this before? Any reviews?
petroguzzler is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th May 2017, 15:41   #8369
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by petroguzzler View Post
Bhpians,

I drive a lot in the night and I find the Civic's headlights to be extremely weak.

While browsing headlamps offered by Philips, I found this product.

http://www.philips.co.in/c-p/12985BW...headlight-bulb

This would surely be an awsome product but at the same time super costly as it is being offered by Philips/Osram.

I enquired about them last month at Palika Bhawan Auto Market, New Delhi and the price quoted was upward 10K which made me shy away and go for cheaper Osram Nightbreaker Halogens.
ashishrathi88 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th May 2017, 18:51   #8370
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by petroguzzler View Post
Bhpians,

I drive a lot

Hi mate,

I am using leds but albeit different brand in my current step up. I can assure the throw from low beams is considerably more than normal halogen bulbs ( Please refer to the attached picture of the spread of throw of low beams from the current led setup that's there in my civic).

@Ashish, i have observed that Osram nightbreakers tend to lose the brightness over the time. Philips extreme vision is a good choice also.

Regards
Kunal
Attached Thumbnails
Honda Civic : Maintenance, Service Costs and Must dos-20170516_150010.jpg  

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 24th May 2017 at 21:29. Reason: loose > lose

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks