Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th June 2017, 13:52   #8416
BHPian

Re: Honda Civic : Maintenance, Service Costs and Must dos

Quote:
Originally Posted by techcoze View Post
My clutch cylinder is squeaking again. Planning to solve this DIY way. Does anyone know where I can buy "red rubber grease" which is compatible with rubber parts and hydraulics.? I have been searching online but no success yet
Hi Mate,

https://www.indiamart.com/proddetail...728488897.html

hope this helps.

Regards
Kunal
Old 13th June 2017, 14:15   #8417
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kunal_kaushal View Post
Hi Mate,

https://www.indiamart.com/proddetail...728488897.html

hope this helps.

Regards
Kunal
I had seen this page earlier, but this one seems to be wholesale seller. Did not see any option there for retail purchase. Or I missed anything there?
Old 13th June 2017, 14:43   #8418
BHPian

Quote:
I had seen this page earlier, but this one seems to be wholesale seller. Did not see any option there for retail purchase. Or I missed anything there?
Mate, you could always enquire from them if they are willing to send it across to you or could provide you with an address from where you could procure the grease in your locality.

Regards

Last edited by kunal_kaushal : 13th June 2017 at 15:01. Reason: typo
Old 14th June 2017, 17:46   #8419
BHPian

Quote:
My clutch cylinder is squeaking again. Planning to solve this DIY way. Does anyone know where I can buy "red rubber grease" which is compatible with rubber parts and hydraulics.? I have been searching online but no success yet
Would this qualify ? Wuerth Brake Cylinder Paste
Old 19th June 2017, 22:14   #8420
BANNED

Power steering pump

Sometime I get a whining sound from engine bay after about 5 or 6 km run. HASS checked and said, some air is trapped in PS pump, and need to replace the pump. Estimate for spare is 38K . I checked whether there is any leak, and they said, no leak. But still it can't be repaired. Am totally confused on why it can' be repaired, if its about some air got in the pump.

Any advice would help

Car has done 70k. But I have up sized the tire (to 205 from 195) at 40k. May be that triggered this issue
Old 20th June 2017, 13:49   #8421
BHPian

Re: Power steering pump

Quote:
Originally Posted by swageo View Post
Sometime I get a whining sound from engine bay after about 5 or 6 km run. HASS checked and said, some air is trapped in PS pump, and need to replace the pump. Estimate for spare is 38K . I checked whether there is any leak, and they said, no leak. But still it can't be repaired. Am totally confused on why it can' be repaired, if its about some air got in the pump.

Any advice would help

Car has done 70k. But I have up sized the tire (to 205 from 195) at 40k. May be that triggered this issue
Hi Mate, this qualifies as typical HASS effort to push for pump replacement, I would suggest to kindly visit reputed FNG in your vicinity and get rid of the air trapped.

I would also request you to kindly go through

http://auto.howstuffworks.com/under-...r-steering.htm

hope it will solve your issue.

Regards
Kunal
kunal_kaushal is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th June 2017, 14:34   #8422
BHPian

Quote:
Hi Mate, this qualifies as typical HASS effort to push for pump replacement, I would suggest to kindly visit reputed FNG in your vicinity and get rid of the air trapped.

Regards
Kunal
Kunal, HASS's solution for the air trapped in Hydraulic Power Steering assembly is exactly like asking a customer to change the disc calipers and rotors just due to an air pocket in brake line when a simple bleeding can solve it.

Not at all acceptable.
ashishrathi88 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th June 2017, 17:48   #8423
BANNED

Quote:

Regards
Kunal
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashishrathi88 View Post
Kunal, HASS's solution for the air trapped in Hydraulic Power Steering assembly is exactly like asking a customer to change the disc calipers and rotors just due to an air pocket in brake line when a simple bleeding can solve it.

Not at all acceptable.
Thanks guys. Let me find a reliable service centre here in Bangalore, and check this.
Old 21st June 2017, 10:06   #8424
BHPian

I just dropped my Civic for the 80K service at Brigade Honda. Apparently, they have discontinued mineral oil for petrol engines, and the synthetic oil prices have come down. The rough estimate was, I think, Rs. 1800 for 4.2 litres. Have any of you heard likewise?

Also, they said the synthetic oil grade is 0W20. Does that sound right? I thought synthetic was 0W30, and the manual seems to mention 0W30 and not 0W20. Any insights would be much appreciated.
Old 21st June 2017, 11:28   #8425
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolvenk View Post
I just dropped my Civic for the 80K service at Brigade Honda. Apparently, they have discontinued mineral oil for petrol engines, and the synthetic oil prices have come down. The rough estimate was, I think, Rs. 1800 for 4.2 litres. Have any of you heard likewise?

Also, they said the synthetic oil grade is 0W20. Does that sound right? I thought synthetic was 0W30, and the manual seems to mention 0W30 and not 0W20. Any insights would be much appreciated.
@Coolvenk: Got my Civic VMT serviced at Noida last month. The engine oil price quoted to me was same as yours at INR 1800 for 4.2L capacity.

Albeit the grade for Full Synthetic Oil was 0W30 (Idemitsu make).

I was also surprised to know that it was so low priced as compared to the Shell Helix Ultra (5W40 Full Synthetic juice for my Swift Vxi) that lightened my wallet by around INR 3600 for a 4L can.
ashishrathi88 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st June 2017, 13:14   #8426
BHPian

Quote:
@Coolvenk: Got my Civic VMT serviced at Noida last month. The engine oil price quoted to me was same as yours at INR 1800 for 4.2L capacity.

I also called two other HASS, both of Magnum Honda. One confirmed that they no longer have mineral oil for petrol and the other said they have mineral oil. Both said that the only synth they carry for petrol -- for almost a year now -- has been 0W20, which is what they put in Civics. All of this is Idemitsu, by the way. Also, I googled a bit, and this is perhaps API-SN. So, perhaps this is due to the move from API-SM to API-SN?
Old 21st June 2017, 13:52   #8427
BANNED

Quote:

I was also surprised to know that it was so low priced as compared to the Shell Helix Ultra (5W40 Full Synthetic juice for my Swift Vxi) that lightened my wallet by around INR 3600 for a 4L can.
This is one reason why I stick with the Idemitsu 0W30. Nothing to be gained with a more expensive oil. Was API-SM but is now SN.
Old 21st June 2017, 14:48   #8428
BHPian

Hi guys,

This thread is awesome!
I picked up a 2007 civic mt a while back.

The ac clutch seems to have failed. Is there any good way to source only the clutch?
Old 21st June 2017, 15:01   #8429
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolvenk View Post

This is strange. I got my car serviced in Nov-16 and at that time all they had was mineral oil 5W-30. There was no synthetic oil at that time as Idemitsu had discontinued the 0W-30 grade. The mineral oil was charged Rs. 1800/- for 3.8 litres which I think the Civic takes in.

So, according to your post, Honda is now charging Rs. 1800/-; the same as mineral oil for fully synthetic 0W-20; which seems too good to be true. However, I think I shall avoid 0W-20 and get 0w-30 from outside as I think this change of grade is more because of issues relating to stocking of different grade of oils at HASS than manufacturer recommendation.

Regards,
Saket.
saket77 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st June 2017, 16:04   #8430
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgiitk View Post
This is one reason why I stick with the Idemitsu 0W30. Nothing to be gained with a more expensive oil. Was API-SM but is now SN.
Professor, do you think the 0W20 is kosher for the Civic?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks