Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th June 2017, 09:53   #8476
Senior - BHPian

Re: Honda Civic : Maintenance, Service Costs and Must dos

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolkurt View Post
There are a lot of vendors on Ali Express, with the price ranging from 9-12k. All are more or less the same. Just verify the part number. Just remember, these are all first copies, not original spares. But they did the trick for me. Some people have complained of a low pump whine while using Chinese pumps so you ought to take that into consideration. Performance wise, not heard these pumps to have issues.
I am unaware of spares reliability on hondapartsnow. Maybe other members can help.

I got a shop owner @palika bhawan to source it for me and he also ordered from Ali Express. I paid arnd 11.5k for the same.
You had reported a power steering issue with pump in May. Was it solved ? What was the issue ?

Thanks.
Old 30th June 2017, 09:54   #8477
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumeethaldankar View Post
I had calculated the rate along with shipping from Rockauto at 12k approx for new pump. Take a look just in case and compare. However it is a aftermarket one rather than oe
Quote:
There are a lot of vendors on Ali Express, with the price ranging from 9-12k. All are more or less the same. Just verify the part number. Just remember, these are all first copies, not original spares. But they did the trick for me. Some people have complained of a low pump whine while using Chinese pumps so you ought to take that into consideration. Performance wise, not heard these pumps to have issues.
I am unaware of spares reliability on hondapartsnow. Maybe other members can help.

I got a shop owner @palika bhawan to source it for me and he also ordered from Ali Express. I paid arnd 11.5k for the same.
Totally confused about part number.

In Hondapartsnow, if I search for 2008 Honda Civic 4 Door EX KA 5MT. I see two items. Not sure whats the difference between these two. I have contacted them, but they are not ready to answer, as India VIN is not valid for them !

56100-RNA-A03RM - P/S Pump, Reman - $313
56110-RNA-305 - Pump Sub-Assy., Power Steering(COO) - $213

As per other posting in this Forum and AliExpress, I could locate the part number as following. But not sure what "Kit" means.

06531-RNA-000 - Kit P/S Pump - $170. (Hondapartsnow.com)
Old 30th June 2017, 10:06   #8478
BANNED

A note of caution, seems that there are a lot of dodgy guys on aliexpress. So part no may not lead to the OE part of the same quality.
sgiitk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th June 2017, 10:07   #8479
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
You had reported a power steering issue with pump in May. Was it solved ? What was the issue ?

Thanks.
Air in the lines. There was a leak somwhere. Got the pipe changed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgiitk View Post
A note of caution, seems that there are a lot of dodgy guys on aliexpress. So part no may not lead to the OE part of the same quality.

Precisely why I got one of the shops at Palika Bhawan to source it for me. Even though they order from Ali Express, they know which vendor offers a reasonably good quality spare as they pretty much order frequently.

@swageo

Ordering directly from Ali Express takes about 2-3 weeks to ship and if you have to return for non conformity, you lose another 4-5 weeks for return shipping and despatch of correct spare. Time lag is too high. A reliable spares store can get it for you for 12-13k, the extra money is better spent for peace of mind.

Last edited by coolkurt : 30th June 2017 at 10:12.
Old 30th June 2017, 13:20   #8480
BANNED

Quote:
Air in the lines. There was a leak somwhere. Got the pipe changed.

Precisely why I got one of the shops at Palika Bhawan to source it for me. Even though they order from Ali Express, they know which vendor offers a reasonably good quality spare as they pretty much order frequently.

@swageo

Ordering directly from Ali Express takes about 2-3 weeks to ship and if you have to return for non conformity, you lose another 4-5 weeks for return shipping and despatch of correct spare. Time lag is too high. A reliable spares store can get it for you for 12-13k, the extra money is better spent for peace of mind.
I saw this Indian site having Civic PS Pump.

https://www.autokartz.com/product-de...-steering-pump
Old 30th June 2017, 15:56   #8481
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swageo View Post
I saw this Indian site having Civic PS Pump.

https://www.autokartz.com/product-de...-steering-pump
Considering the price and the fact that it says 'imported'. In all probability, they use Ali Express, 'import' it from China and sell it at a premium of a few thousands :P
Old 3rd July 2017, 01:49   #8482
BHPian

In my area Synthetic oil has been switched to 0W-20. Is the conclusion on that a go ahead from our experts? Or we should stick with Shell Helix Ultra 5W-40?
Old 3rd July 2017, 08:22   #8483
BHPian

I'm looking for a used Honda Civic. If anyone comes across a good one.

Please let me know. Thanks in advance .
Old 4th July 2017, 23:45   #8484
Senior - BHPian

Has anyone got the EGR valve cleaned. I am facing idling issues more prominent in CNG mode. The car has new coils spark plugs and also the throttle body was cleaned. Has mentioned about changing the EGR valve but not of cleaning so was wondering.

Last edited by bblost : 6th July 2017 at 01:19. Reason: Fixed a typo. Please proof read before saving. Thanks.
Old 5th July 2017, 12:52   #8485
BHPian

Quote:
Has anyone got the EGR valvle cleaned
Aye Aye sir, I have done it about a year ago. Pretty simple procedure. The only thing you need to be careful about it to not short the electrical contacts. I'm not a pro at electricals , so what I did was to disconnect the battery and let it sit that way for a couple of hours. Took off the EGR valve and let that too sit idle for an hour before I sprayed CRC throttle body cleaner onto it and the connector pipe. I would suggest you replace the gasket packing with a new one to avoid any surprises.
Attached Thumbnails
Honda Civic : Maintenance, Service Costs and Must dos-egr.jpg  

Last edited by WasavaTyres : 5th July 2017 at 12:55. Reason: Spelling
WasavaTyres is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 5th July 2017, 14:08   #8486
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Has anyone got the EGR valvle cleaned. I am facing idling issues more prominent in CNG mode. The car has new coils spark plugs and also the throttle body was cleaned. Hass mentioned about changing the EGR valvle but not of cleaning so was wondering.
If you are doing this can you click the picture of your EGR before cleaning, would like to see how much has been accumulated all these while.
Old 5th July 2017, 19:59   #8487
Senior - BHPian

I had called up my Hass guy and he said that the EGR valve is not cleaned at Honda and can be replaced only at 12k for the part and 400 500 bucks for labor. Called up my garage guy and he said I can get the car to him to get the valve cleaned. Will go to him get the cleaning done.
Old 6th July 2017, 00:21   #8488
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by WasavaTyres View Post
Aye Aye sir, I have done it about a year ago. Pretty simple procedure. The only thing you need to be careful about it to not short the electrical contacts. I'm not a pro at electricals , so what I did was to disconnect the battery and let it sit that way for a couple of hours. Took off the EGR valve and let that too sit idle for an hour before I sprayed CRC throttle body cleaner onto it and the connector pipe. I would suggest you replace the gasket packing with a new one to avoid any surprises.
What was the reason you got this done ? Also what was the difference after the cleaning was done ? Does it need a ecu recaliberation ?
Old 6th July 2017, 11:08   #8489
BHPian

Quote:
What was the reason you got this done ? Also what was the difference after the cleaning was done ? Does it need a ecu recaliberation ?
Being picky about little things, nothing else in particular. I had bought a used car and given her for the customary 'new owner' service at the HASS. EGR valve cleaning, MAF sensor cleaning and PCV valve replacement were 3 things that the advisor was absolutely sure about not doing : "Honda mein yeh cheezen kharaab nahi hoti" ( these things don't go wrong with a Honda)
But it kept nagging me. So after she was back I sourced a CRC MAF cleaner and the throttle body cleaner for the EGR valve. And eventually got HASS to source a PCV valve and had that too replaced.
ECU recaliberation - I never got it done, and she's been riding smooth, so I guess not required. I do have a scangauge on my car and that too hasn't thrown up any HTC's after these DIY's were carried out.
Attached Thumbnails
Honda Civic : Maintenance, Service Costs and Must dos-img_9298.jpg  

WasavaTyres is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 6th July 2017, 15:35   #8490
BHPian

I write this with a heavy heart.

My civic was broken into today morning/last night by breaking the left driver side window and the headunit along with the automatic climate control unit were stolen.

Have filed a police complaint and the car is now at Honda for insurance claim and subsequent repairs.

What a horrible day.

Honda Civic : Maintenance, Service Costs and Must dos-img_3500-rotated.jpg

Honda Civic : Maintenance, Service Costs and Must dos-img_3501-rotated.jpg

Honda Civic : Maintenance, Service Costs and Must dos-img_3498-rotated.jpg

Last edited by aah78 : 6th July 2017 at 17:59. Reason: Images rotated & inserted into this post. Next post deleted.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks