Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th July 2017, 16:58   #8506
Senior - BHPian

Re: Honda Civic : Maintenance, Service Costs and Must dos

Quote:
Originally Posted by swageo View Post
Must be. Nothing written on it. I went for a short drive. The pump has more whine that OEM pump. But I read somewhere that these aftermarket pumps has this problem.
All the sub 15k pumps that you get are Chinese imports. Mine also has a louder whine but it does the job. So no complaints. Driven almost 50k with this pump now. Honda asked 1.5 lakhs for a suspension and PS overhaul. I did the same in 25k. So I'm happy.
coolkurt is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th July 2017, 17:02   #8507
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolkurt View Post
Any suggestions wrt tyres? I have Bridgestone Turanza, they've held up pretty well for 40-45k kms ( changed them in pairs). This time I'm looking to change all of them together. I'm looking for something which is durable and has less road noise. Stock setup. Any suggestions?
Go in for Michelin Primacy 3ST with your eyes closed.
Old 7th July 2017, 19:26   #8508
DJM

Quote:
Originally Posted by techcoze View Post
I have started experiencing some kind of "clicking" or popping feeling in brake pedal.
Hi,
I am getting similar clicking sound inside the cabin. Any solution?

Thanks in advance.
DJM
Old 7th July 2017, 19:51   #8509
Senior - BHPian

With a spirited drive on my Yoko V550, I got some 16K from them. Am I impressed - well the cornering and wet grip was amazing, but 16K mileage - I am not too sure
Old 7th July 2017, 20:48   #8510
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by laluks View Post
With a spirited drive on my Yoko V550, I got some 16K from them. Am I impressed - well the cornering and wet grip was amazing, but 16K mileage - I am not too sure
16K?? Wow!! Could be a record low, tough to beat.
Old 8th July 2017, 06:43   #8511
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJM View Post
Hi,
I am getting similar clicking sound inside the cabin. Any solution?

Thanks in advance.
DJM
You can try to re-grease CMC internals (use only rubber red grease, no ordinary spray or oil allowed with hydraulics). If CMC is still healthy then this will make the issue go away. Otherwise, CMC replacement is the only option.
Old 8th July 2017, 11:17   #8512
BHPian

Has anyone used this kind of a dashboard cover for a long time ??
My car decor guy recommends not using it, claiming over time the dust and lint drawn into the cooling coil will ruin it and have to be replaced.
Attached Thumbnails
Honda Civic : Maintenance, Service Costs and Must dos-photo-080717-8-05-01-am.jpg  

Old 8th July 2017, 11:27   #8513
Senior - BHPian

I think a cabin filter should protect the coil from dust etc unless there is another way the ac takes in air. But quite frankly you are robbing yourself the joy of looking at a beautiful dashboard. They don't make them like that any more.

Last edited by sumeethaldankar : 8th July 2017 at 11:28.
sumeethaldankar is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 8th July 2017, 11:43   #8514
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumeethaldankar View Post
But quite frankly you are robbing yourself the joy of looking at a beautiful dashboard.
I would not dare commit such a sacrilege sir ! It's always taken off while driving.
These days my daughter has taken over the porch and the space has become her off limits for anything and anyone playzone.
Owing to my work I sometimes have to leave the civic parked out for days and weeks. That's when this dash cover , one of those silvery windscreen shield and the visors are used to keep the insides safe from the sun.
WasavaTyres is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th July 2017, 18:58   #8515
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by WasavaTyres View Post
Has anyone used this kind of a dashboard cover for a long time ??
My car decor guy recommends not using it, claiming over time the dust and lint drawn into the cooling coil will ruin it and have to be replaced.
I remember the Civic manual forbidding placing a shade or cover on the dash area, even when parked. No explanation was given, which was a bit odd and it was quite a strong warning, which is why I remember.
coolvenk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th July 2017, 07:31   #8516
Senior - BHPian

Does anyone know if we can source the front fender lining? The front passenger side lining is completely damaged and I can see the engine bay through nd through. I wanted to get the bumpers repainted and I was hoping to change the lining before that.
Old 10th July 2017, 10:59   #8517
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolvenk View Post
I remember the Civic manual forbidding placing a shade or cover on the dash area, even when parked. No explanation was given, which was a bit odd and it was quite a strong warning, which is why I remember.
Will have to browse the manual to zero down on what exactly is the reason. Thanks

Quote:
Does anyone know if we can source the front fender lining ?
I've had mine replaced. Link
WasavaTyres is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th July 2017, 13:01   #8518
BHPian

Quote:
Does anyone know if we can source the front fender lining? The front passenger side lining is completely damaged and I can see the engine bay through nd through. I wanted to get the bumpers repainted and I was hoping to change the lining before that.
Hi Mate,

You can get it replaced at HASS for around 2k for one side (the fender lining cost around Rs. 1100, fender lining clips for Rs.75 a piece and the labour charges extra as usual).

I tried the TTY one also but found the quality of to be on lower side of spectrum.

Regards
Kunal
kunal_kaushal is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th July 2017, 18:00   #8519
BHPian

Quote:
You can try to re-grease CMC internals (use only rubber red grease, no ordinary spray or oil allowed with hydraulics). If CMC is still healthy then this will make the issue go away. Otherwise, CMC replacement is the only option.
Update on my clutch squeaking issue. CMC was changed 3-4 months ago at HASS, and within 2 months it had started to squeak. Today gave car to HASS for inspection, got update that new CMC indeed has some fault. They are changing it again under part warranty. New part will arrive in 3-4 days.
Old 13th July 2017, 20:38   #8520
BANNED

Quote:
Update on my clutch squeaking issue. CMC was changed 3-4 months ago at HASS, and within 2 months it had started to squeak. Today gave car to HASS for inspection, got update that new CMC indeed has some fault. They are changing it again under part warranty. New part will arrive in 3-4 days.
I too have they squeaking sound for many years. Visited HASS many times, they just put a spray (WD40?) under the clutch pedal. Issue come back in one or two days. Finally my CSC failed and I had to replace both CSC and CMC. I hope that will rectify this squeak, but didn't help.

I guess this sound is from spring joint of clutch pedal. Sometime there is extra hardness from Clutch and is making this noise. At this time, the feel of the engine/pull is also not smooth. But when it does not occur, I feel like engine is as new as when I bought this 10yrs back.

I think its a design issue with Civic. i.e hard clutch and related issues..

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks