Team-BHP > Technical Stuff

Search this Thread
Old 18th September 2017, 17:49   #8686
BHPian

Re: Honda Civic : Maintenance, Service Costs and Must dos

Quote:
Originally Posted by danlalan View Post
About to get my workhorse. The 2010 civic V-A/T Cng'd.
While I've found the best person to do that here in Bombay. Sooraj auto gas in Bandra East, iam still to find a good mechanic for the suspension overhaul.
I wanted to know that if I don't go to the service center and do it from a local mech what would the cost difference be.
Also if I were to buy the parts and give it to the mech who would be the best person to buy from and what brand.
And also who's the best person in the suburbs to get the suspension overhaul work done. Please recommend.
When I had my Civic V-AT, my suspension overhaul was done by my FNG in Khar West. Pretty professional guy & have been using his services since ~2004 for my Ikon 1.6 and Civic.
His name is Jeevan and his garage name is Amin Garage(you can find his location on Google).

He sourced the required original Honda parts & finished the job in a day when I gave my car to him at 9/10 AM.

Please PM me if you want his contact number! Can personally vouch for his quality of service!
Old 18th September 2017, 23:49   #8687
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by yash1229 View Post
When I had my Civic V-AT, my suspension overhaul was done by my FNG in Khar West. Pretty professional guy & have been using his services since ~2004 for my Ikon 1.6 and Civic.
His name is Jeevan and his garage name is Amin Garage(you can find his location on Google).

He sourced the required original Honda parts & finished the job in a day when I gave my car to him at 9/10 AM.

Please PM me if you want his contact number! Can personally vouch for his quality of service!
Can you tell us what parts were changed ? Also what was the labor charged for same.

Thanks.
Old 19th September 2017, 00:42   #8688
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumeethaldankar View Post
Can you tell us what parts were changed ? Also what was the labor charged for same.

Thanks.
Unfortunately, this was almost a year ago and the car has been sold since then with the entire service history file I'd made. But, it was a pretty major overhaul & I remember it being at least half the cost of the Honda Authorized Service Centre quote, including labour.
I also remember that the wobbling at high speed (in spite of new tyres + alignment) and a 'tak-tak' sound over undulations/potholes/speedbreakers from the front end had disappeared 100% after the overhaul. Overall, the mechanic did a great job for a reasonable price compared to the service centre & helped me enjoy my last few months with the Civic.
yash1229 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th September 2017, 03:04   #8689
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumeethaldankar View Post

Thanks.
Major parts would have been Lower Arms, Linkages, Tie-rod ends, front struts. These for the front.

For the rear, it should be the springs, dampers and miscellaneous bushes, etc.

That said, engine mounts also need changes if they start acting up.

All of this finally topped up with wheel alignment and balancing with a final garnish of tyre rotation maybe...
pixantz is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th September 2017, 12:05   #8690
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildchild4lyfe View Post
Hey Guys!
Been a while. Could someone help me with a lead to where I can buy the door beeding for the civic from.
Post my last overcoat the rubbers inside and out seem to have cracked and deteriorated.

Thanks in advance

Noby John
Hi Mate, firstly let me compliment your ride, it looks great.

As far as the door beadings are concerened, I too tried to procure them in local auto shops in Delhi/ Gurugram, but unfortunately couldn't find them available anywhere. Had to order these via HASS.

But before they could arrive at HASs, my car was sold.

Regards
Kunal
Old 19th September 2017, 14:37   #8691
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kunal_kaushal View Post
Hi Mate, firstly let me compliment your ride, it looks great.

As far as the door beadings are concerened, I too tried to procure them in local auto shops in Delhi/ Gurugram, but unfortunately couldn't find them available anywhere. Had to order these via HASS.

But before they could arrive at HASs, my car was sold.

Regards
Kunal
Thank you Kuna!

I think HASS is my only option now. Sigh

Last edited by suhaas307 : 20th September 2017 at 11:10. Reason: Fixing typo. Thanks :)
Old 19th September 2017, 15:03   #8692
Senior - BHPian

Honda Civic : Maintenance, Service Costs and Must dos-imageuploadedbyteambhp1505813450.476376.jpg

So here is a quote for a complete suspension overhaul. This is for the 2010 Civic V-A/T.
I've got this quote from Autorounders. Of course it may vary from car to car.
IMHO it's a pretty reasonable quote. Even in terms of labour.
danlalan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th September 2017, 09:37   #8693
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naddy View Post
Idemitsu has started retailing?
Heading to industry buying right away to check out but will wait for an update from you regarding the delivery of the product.
I finally got the delivery. The delay was apparently due to the courier company. All's well that ends well. I paid Rs 1600 for 3.5 litres of 5W30, fully synthetic. Pretty good price if you ask me.

Quote:
Thank you Kuna!

I think HASS is my only ly option now... Sigh
I'm going to Ghai Spares today. I can find out if he has the beading in Stock. They ship to other cities too so I can share their contact and you can work out the rest.
coolkurt is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 20th September 2017, 09:59   #8694
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolkurt View Post
I finally got the delivery. The delay was apparently due to the courier company. All's well that ends well. I paid Rs 1600 for 3.5 litres of 5W30, fully synthetic. Pretty good price if you ask me.
Thanks for confirming receipt of the oil. Notch up one more option for synthetic oil users.

It would be good if you share the feedback on the car's performance on the Synthetic oil thread.
Old 20th September 2017, 10:39   #8695
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thank you Kuna!

I think HASS is my only ly option now... Sigh
Those are the least of your worries. First do something about your vibrating car. Suspension, mechanicals etc.
You only pay attention to looks of the car. Thats least important. Make your ride HEALTHY!
Old 20th September 2017, 15:50   #8696
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by R2D2 View Post
Thanks for confirming receipt of the oil. Notch up one more option for synthetic oil users.

It would be good if you share the feedback on the car's performance on the Synthetic oil thread.
I've been relying only on HASS all this while and was sticking to them only because of the Idemitsu oil since I'm happy with the performance. Now I finally don't have to go to HASS.
Old 20th September 2017, 17:07   #8697
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolkurt View Post
I've been relying only on HASS all this while and was sticking to them only because of the Idemitsu oil since I'm happy with the performance. Now I finally don't have to go to HASS.
The drawback that I see here is the can is 3.5 litres (ideal for most Maruti engines) and there's no 1-litre container available at least from what I could see on industry buying dot com. So I'll need to buy 2 cans i.e. 7 litres to fill in 4.2 l. Which means I have about 2.8 l left over. This is a factor I need to consider before purchase.

The OEM Toyota/Idemitsu 5W-40 and other synthetic oil cans are in quantities of 4L or 5L & are also offered in 1L cans which IMO are far more convenient. I hope Idemitsu offers these retail packs in the future.

Of course, this issue doesn't affect Civic owners too much. You require 3.7 or 3.8L, correct? But what does one do if the car needs an oil top up? Do you get 1L packs at the HASS? Is it the very same oil?
R2D2 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th September 2017, 18:01   #8698
BHPian

Mod Note : Please do NOT post messages that add little or no informational value to the thread. We need your co-operation to maintain the quality of this forum. We advise you to read the Forum Rules before proceeding any further.

Request to post ONLY when you have something substantial to add to a discussion.

Last edited by GTO : 20th September 2017 at 22:28.
wildchild4lyfe is offline   Received Infraction
Old 20th September 2017, 21:23   #8699
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by R2D2 View Post

Of course, this issue doesn't affect Civic owners too much. You require 3.7 or 3.8L, correct? But what does one do if the car needs an oil top up? Do you get 1L packs at the HASS? Is it the very same oil?
Yes. For Civic owners, 3.5 litres is good enough. I've never had to do an oil top up, and I get my car serviced every 10k kms. HASS doesn't sell products OTC so I've not had a chance to check. Although it's the very same oil. They get it in 210/230 litre barrels.
coolkurt is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st September 2017, 18:58   #8700
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by danlalan View Post
Attachment 1677528

So here is a quote for a complete suspension overhaul. This is for the 2010 Civic V-A/T.
I've got this quote from Autorounders. Of course it may vary from car to car.
IMHO it's a pretty reasonable quote. Even in terms of labour.
That quote looks decent, have never tried auto runners though, my civic goes to Wagenwerks (Jatin Patel owns the place and is also a bhpian)

My earlier civic had done a suspension overhaul front and back and brake pads front and back, I have been always happy with the work he's put onto my cars

Now that I have bought a used civic again, all niggles are being sorted with him.
bigblackshark is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed