Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th February 2018, 14:01   #8956
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by laluks View Post
With that kind of power to tap, and our current infrastructure and congestion, I pray that Honda doesn't bring it here. Other than some track days fun it'd be worthless and dangerous on the wrong hands in our roads. Of course you will have the bragging rights.

Plus miniscule sales and obscene pricing will not make it viable either.
+1 to that.

The 20" rims with rubber band tyres on the Type-R would even break just outside the showrooms. They are huge as per sports car standard.

Plus they look fragile (i guess they are not even forged) and swapping them with smaller rims would take the character from Type-R.

Forget what the customers will do on our current roads with the 300+ odd bhp of Turbo VTEC power.😮
Old 9th February 2018, 02:26   #8957
Senior - BHPian

Re: Honda Civic : Maintenance, Service Costs and Must dos

Quote:
With that kind of power to tap, and our current infrastructure and congestion, I pray that Honda doesn't bring it here.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashishrathi88 View Post
+1 to that.
Agreed, but li'll hard to stop drooling over this sight
They say, wishful thinking

Honda Civic : Maintenance, Service Costs and Must dos-type-r.jpg
sarathlal is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 9th February 2018, 15:03   #8958
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarathlal View Post
Agreed, but li'll hard to stop drooling over this sight
They say, wishful thinking

All I said is that let it not come to India, we can still take it out for a spin and drool over it in safer countries of Europe

BTW 10th Gen Civic, I will give it a complete miss. Waiting for that 11th one now
laluks is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th February 2018, 16:25   #8959
BHPian

Hey Guys,

I recently got brembo break pads for my Civic. They are yet to be installed. Could you all suggest what is the life expected from these. And also what is the difference in performance as compared to Nissin.
Old 12th February 2018, 17:35   #8960
Senior - BHPian

For all those in Delhi NCR, I got this message today.

Dear Honda Customer, We would like to inform you that Southend Honda have winded up their sales and service operations in Badarpur & Okhla. You can visit nearby Honda Authorized dealership for your vehicle service. Samara Honda-9717005507;Classic Honda-09958446464;Delight Honda-9711618815. Regards, Honda Cars India.

Good riddance. Southend Honda, Okhla always tried to fleece the customer.
coolkurt is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th February 2018, 14:04   #8961
BANNED

@coolkurt; follows on Pearl Honda in Gurugram. I hope this indicates Honda getting tough. We have four Hondas, Civic AT, Brio AT, City AVN and Amaze. Two are in Kanpur and two in Gurugram at any time. At the moment the Civic and Amaze are in Gurugram.
Old 13th February 2018, 14:23   #8962
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nik0502 View Post
Hey Guys,

I recently got brembo break pads for my Civic. They are yet to be installed. Could you all suggest what is the life expected from these. And also what is the difference in performance as compared to Nissin.
Where did your sourced brembo's in India and what was the pricing?

Can you share a photo of these (if possible)?

These pads (if based on ceremic compound) would be providing excellent feedback but I heard from someone they eat the stock disc faster than OEM ones.
Old 13th February 2018, 15:59   #8963
BHPian

Quote:

Can you share a photo of these (if possible)?

These pads (if based on ceremic compound) would be providing excellent feedback but I heard from someone they eat the stock disc faster than OEM ones.

Hey,

I got this from one of my friend's contact. He has been ordering parts from this guy for a long time. The pads costed me 4800. 2700 for the front and 2100 for rear. I will post a pic may be tomorrow. The original break pads had lasted approximately 50K Kms and then started making noise. I got the front ones changed. My mechanic put some indian made pads. Though they were very cheap approx 1000 for the front the breaks just don't bite. Also they scratched the discs as well so I will have to get the discs skimmed as well. Also the front suspension of my car is making a noise for over two years now. Whenever I use breaks there is a kat sound from the front right. It also makes same noise when i am crossing a pothole but not every time. The car has visited my local mechanic twice and once at Honda for this issue. But both of them could not find the source of the noise. And every time they put everything back the noise disappears for next 500-600 kms. I am hoping we find the source this time.
nik0502 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 13th February 2018, 17:16   #8964
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgiitk View Post
@coolkurt; follows on Pearl Honda in Gurugram. I hope this indicates Honda getting tough. We have four Hondas, Civic AT, Brio AT, City AVN and Amaze. Two are in Kanpur and two in Gurugram at any time. At the moment the Civic and Amaze are in Gurugram.
Really hope that's the case. I've been getting it serviced at my trusty FNG so I couldn't bother less.
Old 13th February 2018, 19:32   #8965
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nik0502 View Post
Hey,

I got this from one of my friend's contact. He has been ordering parts from this guy for a long time. The pads costed me 4800. 2700 for the front and 2100 for rear. I will post a pic may be tomorrow. The original break pads had lasted approximately 50K Kms and then started making noise. I got the front ones changed. My mechanic put some indian made pads. Though they were very cheap approx 1000 for the front the breaks just don't bite. Also they scratched the discs as well so I will have to get the discs skimmed as well. Also the front suspension of my car is making a noise for over two years now. Whenever I use breaks there is a kat sound from the front right. It also makes same noise when i am crossing a pothole but not every time. The car has visited my local mechanic twice and once at Honda for this issue. But both of them could not find the source of the noise. And every time they put everything back the noise disappears for next 500-600 kms. I am hoping we find the source this time.
Get the stabilizer bar links checked.

This is one of the main reason behind that clunking/tik tik noise (not always) from the suspension whenever you hit a sudden bump or pot hole.

The ball joints get hard with time and continuous abuse often causes them to sound.

This reminds me to get mine replaced as well (which I'm ignoring for a while).

I remember whenever I drive my Swift VXi on AIIMS flyover coming from INA towards Hyatt Regency, there is a sudden bump (due to two different patches of road) which makes my front Driver side stabilizer link make that same clunking sound.😀
Old 13th February 2018, 19:47   #8966
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Brembo distributor/dealer in India just in case you're interested:

http://www.carzspares.com/
Amit Naik
Laxmikant & Co
3, Hiru Naik Bldg
Near Arkay Plaza , Duler , Mapusa
Goa India 403507
Mobile -9822126156, 9922925919
Ph -0832-2256732, 2262524 ,Fax 0832-2256732
R2D2 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th February 2018, 08:11   #8967
Senior - BHPian

Decided to move on from Honda and Civic after a wonderful experience of almost 11 years and 160K Kms. Got an offer which I could not refuse and also, the ever congested roads making it difficult/scary to stretch it as I like.

Moved on to a practical family car for now, and waiting for a dream car like the eight gen Civic to make its appearance. Sadly no such cars worth owning at the moment.

New Civic, with hump in the back and no independent rear suspension and lack luster interiors, I would not put my money there. So its not a Civic immediately.

It was wonderful spending my observations and learning's of my experience with Civic here in this thread. I might not be regular here from now, enjoy the car and cheers.
laluks is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 15th February 2018, 10:19   #8968
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Decided to move on from Honda and Civic after a wonderful experience of almost 11 years and 160K Kms. Got an offer which I could not refuse and also, the ever congested roads making it difficult/scary to stretch it as I like.

Good luck on the journey beyond. Hope it found a loving owner. What did you replace it with?
coolkurt is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th February 2018, 11:06   #8969
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolkurt View Post
Good luck on the journey beyond. Hope it found a loving owner. What did you replace it with?
Thanks CoolKurt.
I got a SCross, a practical family car. You can read about it here. But Civic replacement is still in the waiting
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...-facelift.html
Old 15th February 2018, 11:16   #8970
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Decided to move on from Honda and Civic after a wonderful experience of almost 11 years and 160K Kms.
I read your post three times before finally it hit my head that you have sold your Civic. I still remember reading the first post of this thread that got me excited of owning a car like Civic.

I still at times go and read your Civvy travelogues because they are fun to read and see the Civic parked around vivid backgrounds that I wish i could go and see.

Anyways now the Panda will get a covered parking so he will be happy. But i really wished you could have kept the car.

Last edited by sumeethaldankar : 15th February 2018 at 11:17.
sumeethaldankar is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks