Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th October 2008, 19:39   #31
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImmortalZ View Post
Yes it is.

Gave it for service today with a 3M Paint Coating ordered and a touchup on the front bumper. Totally breaks my heart that the single scratch on the car is not my fault. Happened when parked somewhere. Then there are the marks on the doors from my cousin's dog standing on it. The service advisor was very pleasant and told me not to bother doing anything about it. "Plenty more to come Sir. Just repaint the door in a year."

Service is entirely free and it was supposed to be done today evening, but they called up and asked me to come tomorrow morning as the work was not completed. I'l write up a detailed report tomorrow.

I also had got the 3M paint protection applied, and got 3 free coatings later on from them. I really did not see any much protection, since the hairline scratches are still coming on. The car looked quite shiny and had somewhat a wetlook with that. But that was like that for a few weeks. since the three more coatings was on offer, I took them on each service. the hairline scratches gets removed or covered. But on a whole i wouldn't say it was value for that money spend. I was charged around 5k by the Honda dealer.

But overall this effect you can as well get from regular polishing at home with some good polish like Sonax - wet ones. I am happy with this one, and gives me a pretty good exercise too.
laluks is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th October 2008, 20:55   #32
Senior - BHPian

Well i have some really bad bad news.
when i went to pick up my car my eagle eyed driver spotted a dent in the rear quarter panel.the dent did not scrap any paint.just a dent.its like above and behind the tail lamp.just above the crease which flows from the front to the back of the car.

****.I was simply so furious.and those maggots were not ready to accept that its their fault.then i really got on their heads.and gave them a peice of my head.

Now they have agreed to do it up with no charges what so ever.had a chat with the painter.he says the whole right side shell will have to be painted.the doors will have to be removed.
Its a 4 months old car and i'm really really hurt.

i'll post up the pics in a while.

Now is there something i need to be careful about.they'll take 3 days to bring the car's surface finish back to the original condition.giving it on tuesday.

they will be removing the right side doors etc.so please advise about anything i need to look out for.
Old 30th October 2008, 21:01   #33
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navpreet318 View Post
Well i have some really bad bad news.
when i went to pick up my car my eagle eyed driver spotted a dent in the rear quarter panel.the dent did not scrap any paint.just a dent.its like above and behind the tail lamp.just above the crease which flows from the front to the back of the car.

****.I was simply so furious.and those maggots were not ready to accept that its their fault.then i really got on their heads.and gave them a peice of my head.

Now they have agreed to do it up with no charges what so ever.had a chat with the painter.he says the whole right side shell will have to be painted.the doors will have to be removed.
Its a 4 months old car and i'm really really hurt.

i'll post up the pics in a while.

Now is there something i need to be careful about.they'll take 3 days to bring the car's surface finish back to the original condition.giving it on tuesday.

they will be removing the right side doors etc.so please advise about anything i need to look out for.

OH No!
I guess these fellows are the same everywhere.

If the dent is ok to live with, I guess leave it like that. I am not so sure they'll get the shades matched completely. I see quite a lot of Hondas in our parking lot with irritating color difference. Make sure that you get the same shade.

I am allowing them to do since its the running board and towards the bottom. Even I am keeping my fingers crossed.

BHPians - advice needed badly
Old 30th October 2008, 21:15   #34
Senior - BHPian

The colour of the car is white.Will matching the shade still be an issue?
Old 30th October 2008, 21:23   #35
Senior - BHPian

Ideally with factory dealerships, it shouldn't be an issue. Check with Dippy if he feels any mismatch in his golden OHC that was recently done up at the service center.
Old 30th October 2008, 21:31   #36
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dipen View Post
Ideally with factory dealerships, it shouldn't be an issue. Check with Dippy if he feels any mismatch in his golden OHC that was recently done up at the service center.
I saw quite a lot of cars done at the bodyshop in Dakshin, but in my eyes I still can feel the difference. Mostly for red, grey and silver.

White I have no idea.

My esteem was golden, it used to look ame with a paint job. But I do not see that kind of match from the paintjobs done at Dakshin, which is Hondas dealer here.

Last edited by laluks : 30th October 2008 at 21:33.
Old 30th October 2008, 21:34   #37
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by laluks View Post
I also had got the 3M paint protection applied, and got 3 free coatings later on from them. I really did not see any much protection, since the hairline scratches are still coming on. The car looked quite shiny and had somewhat a wetlook with that. But that was like that for a few weeks. since the three more coatings was on offer, I took them on each service. the hairline scratches gets removed or covered. But on a whole i wouldn't say it was value for that money spend. I was charged around 5k by the Honda dealer.

But overall this effect you can as well get from regular polishing at home with some good polish like Sonax - wet ones. I am happy with this one, and gives me a pretty good exercise too.
I know it's not good VFM. But I'm having an incredibly tough time finding good vehicle wax/polish here in TVM. I'm being charged 5k or so for it too. The TPC3 website seems to have shut shop as well. If anyone has any tips on getting my hands on things like this, please let me know.

@navpreet318 : I hear that you would have no problems with paint matching if you get it done from the service center. Be aware that there will be some mismatch because the paint on the rest of the car would have faded a bit. But this shouldn't be a problem on a white car. Really sorry to hear about the dent. Trust me, I wanted to kill something when I saw my bumper scratched - I know what you're feeling.
Old 30th October 2008, 23:30   #38
Senior - BHPian

Well if it wasn't for the warranty i'd rather do the oil and filter change myself as well as other tit bits like valve clearance check,plugs change or check etc.

From next time i'm not leaving my car with them at all.i'll see through the service.all 2 hours of it.simple.i did it in my first service.don't know what was i thinking today.stupid me.you can never trust anyone with your car.
This episode has left me with ZERO confidence in the indian car service industry.

And this service adviser was stating "Sir,we'll do this for no charge,even though we charge Rs.4000 for it"
I said i don't give a damn if it costs 1 lakh rupees.here's my hard earned Rs. 13 lakh car you moron!
Old 31st October 2008, 00:19   #39

Quote:
Originally Posted by laluks View Post
Honda has touched the 3 lakh vehicle sales figure, and they celebrated that by introducing the Civic sports.

Many BHPians including me own a Honda Civic, and the only thread which talks about maintenance and service for the Civic which I came across was http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...t-service.html

I would like to start a topic here so that all Civic BHPians could benefit. I have just completed the 20K Km in my Civic and would be going in for a 20K service.

My previous service details.

1st Free Service (1000kms) - Free. No oil change, wash and regular checkup.
2nd Free Service (5000Kms)- Free, 200RS charged for windscreen washer fluid, which I disagreed - a sonax 25ml stuff is available for 69.
3rd Free Service (10K Kms) - Oil and filter change - around 900Rs.
4th Paid Service (15K Kms) - Rs3800. Service costs - 810, Wheel alignment - 450, Wheel balancing 500, Balancing weights around 500 (I wonder why!!) Opted for a oil and filter change too - 750. Some consumables worth 300 and 12.36% taxes!!

Rs4700/- till 15K. Isn't that amazing and good to own?

5th Paid service (20K Km) Due next week. Planned is an oil change and Wheel balancing/Alignment.
Thanks & really appreciate your quotes , well it will help a lot like me to go for CIVIC which i take as the car with no defects

however i failed to understand or might be there would be a logic behind the great speedometer as an like CIVIC. even the cheap sorry for the word but even the not so costly bike bajaj is shelling our the bikes with digital speedometer as in like CIVIC dunno why the other manufacturer are not putting the speedometer like that in their products. may be there would be some technical reason on this but i failed to understand

Last edited by Technocrat : 31st October 2008 at 17:18. Reason: Only two smilies per post allowed, please read rules carefully before proceeding
Old 31st October 2008, 06:05   #40
Senior - BHPian

Sorry to hear about that Navpreet. I don't matching the shade should be an issue, it should match 100% with the rest of the body. But to make sure, just inspect the car carefully when you're taking delivery and of course, take the delivery of the same in either the morning or afternoon hours.
Old 31st October 2008, 07:01   #41
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navpreet318 View Post
From next time i'm not leaving my car with them at all.i'll see through the service.all 2 hours of it.simple.i did it in my first service.don't know what was i thinking today.stupid me.you can never trust anyone with your car.
This episode has left me with ZERO confidence in the indian car service industry!
Agree with you on the falling standards in the car service Industry.But my submission here is that we have to be practical.I love my car more than anything else but have started getting used to a few scratches here and there.All I ensure is that the car is in perfect Mechnaical condition with 9/10 looks.

In my opinion , getting the doors removed and whole side painted for a dent is going a bit too far.in your case there is a labour component(the touch up plus doors removal/refitting) and a material component(paint,consumables).A better alternative would be to tell those guys not to charge you labour for the next two services . Let them use a vacuum to bring the dented panel back to shape.
Old 31st October 2008, 10:26   #42
Senior - BHPian

Well thats what i'm planning to do.I'm really not confident about the work that they'll do by removing the doors and all.And what if they don't get the doors fitted properly back again or if there are some niggles left.
I don't want to take any more troubles.I can live with that small dent.its about an inch in diameter and about 1 to 1.5 MM deep.And the paint hasn't peeled off.so i'll just let it be.

But i'll make those guys pay for it forever.I'll remind them of this mistake everytime i'm there and in front of other customers too.
Old 31st October 2008, 17:13   #43
Senior - BHPian

Navpreet - Pictures before you take decision please.
Old 31st October 2008, 17:36   #44
Senior - BHPian

Well i hope you can make out the dent in the reflections on the car.
Attached Thumbnails
Honda Civic : Maintenance, Service Costs and Must dos-img_1572.jpg  

Honda Civic : Maintenance, Service Costs and Must dos-img_1573.jpg  

Honda Civic : Maintenance, Service Costs and Must dos-img_1574.jpg  

Old 31st October 2008, 17:56   #45
Senior - BHPian

Oh let it be man, not worth the time wasted. Use this as a future tool against the service station though!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks