Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd July 2009, 20:24   #226
BHPian

wiper blades & 45K service

Well, tomorrow early morning I will be leaving for my 45K service (140 km drive).
I will try to observe the various Civic's in the service-station, old and new, for the wiper blades type and then decide to upgrade.
I will post my experience within two days in this thread.
Old 23rd July 2009, 20:57   #227
Senior - BHPian

A brand new one waiting for delivery will show you the new wipers. You can just check the Jazz wipers though - they are the same type.
Old 25th July 2009, 21:21   #228
BHPian

45K Service over

Back from 45K Service. Was charged Rs.882/-. (Civic-AT).

Regarding wipers, I was not able to study them thoroughly. Normally I stick around the service-station looking at various other cars, but this time I had to leave the car very early and pick her up urgently. But the SA gave me a quick look-around at some new Civics, and told me that the blades with their holders were upgraded. (It looked the same to me!).

There was lots of new Jazz'es!. The left wiper looked very small. The SA told me that the ones on the Jazz/ANHC will not fit in the Civic.

Anyway I plan to use my existing wipers till they become real unusable.

(OT: My recent mileage over the last 735 kms with 44 lts is a staggering 16.6! )
Old 26th July 2009, 00:17   #229
Senior - BHPian

I am going to Honda to collect my insurance cheque on Monday. If there is a new Civic on display, I'll take a couple of photographs to show you the difference.

Awesome mileage figures. You have almost double mine.

I just wish I could get on a GQ and cruise for a couple thousand kilometers - would do wonders to my average FE.

Last edited by ImmortalZ : 26th July 2009 at 00:21.
Old 27th July 2009, 16:58   #230
Senior - BHPian

Hi,

Managed to snag a picture of the wipers of the current Accord. This is exactly the style of wipers coming with Civics and Jazz of late.
Attached Thumbnails
Honda Civic : Maintenance, Service Costs and Must dos-newwipers.jpg  

ImmortalZ is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th July 2009, 17:32   #231
BHPian

Looks very elegant and stylish.....
I will be going in for 15K service in coming week
I had earlier purchased a service coupon which says free injector cleaning on 2nd paid service (Apart from other offerings). So I am not sure weather i shoul avail this or not? Can any one tell me if I should go for this one?
Old 30th July 2009, 19:47   #232
Senior - BHPian

Unless you actually have problems, you can skip it. Service centers try to force such stuff on you to make money. A bit funny that they are offering it for free.
Old 6th August 2009, 14:57   #233
BHPian

Yesterday got my 15000 service done.

Problem
1. Main center locking was giving some kind of noice while locking
2. Wipers not cleaning properly
3. Ac auto start creates more sound than earlier.
4. Some rattles in center arm rest and height adjustable seat belt
5. Wheel balancing, alignment, rotation (first time in 15000 km)

Resolution
1. A main part was changed with in warranty price was 7000 INR (it was free for me as car is in warranty) -- problem resolved
2. Service advisor -- Wiper blades needs to be changed and approx. cost is 1000. I did not opted for this as it was not that big issue and I would do this before next monsoon.
3. After checkup answer was everything is perfect and this is normal sound.
4. These rattles are normal and cannot be resolved -- if we try to do this it might give more sound...
5. Done free of cost (No extra weights were added) But I was told that weights are very expensive as they come from Japan and of very good material and sometimes cost goes up to 800 RS for only weights.

as I had purchased a promotion package from Prestige Honda in which I would be getting

1. 2 wheel alignment, wheel balancing
2. 4 car wash
3. Injector cleaning
4. Interior dry cleaning
5 There is one more thing I don’t remember now...
All inclusive for 400 rupees. (Time limit is with in 2 years of buying this package)

Final cost was 882 rs only including taxes.

Final verdict.
Impressed with Honda honesty but some issues are not resolved even after complaining multiple times.
Old 6th August 2009, 15:55   #234
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lalitk25 View Post
5. Done free of cost (No extra weights were added) But I was told that weights are very expensive as they come from Japan and of very good material and sometimes cost goes up to 800 RS for only weights.
Get it done from a reputed shop outside. Weights are expensive, but they are cheaper from an outside shop than from Honda A.S.S.

Quote:
1. 2 wheel alignment, wheel balancing
Good.

Quote:
2. 4 car wash
Isn't a wash standard with a service?

Quote:
3. Injector cleaning
Questionable use unless you run the car on dirty fuel.

Quote:
4. Interior dry cleaning
Depends on the type of clean they do. Over here a full interior treatment is INR 1500/-. SA claims it will make the interior as good as new.

Quote:
5 There is one more thing I don’t remember now...
All inclusive for 400 rupees. (Time limit is with in 2 years of buying this package)

Final cost was 882 rs only including taxes.

Final verdict.
Impressed with Honda honesty but some issues are not resolved even after complaining multiple times.
Cost seems very reasonable.
Old 6th August 2009, 16:07   #235
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Yesterday got my 15000 service done.

2. Wipers not cleaning properly
Resolution
2. Service advisor -- Wiper blades needs to be changed and approx. cost is 1000. I did not opted for this as it was not that big issue and I would do this before next monsoon.
Suggest you change the rubber for 1k. You do NOT want to drive with streaky windscreen in the night, or get permanent scratches from hard rubber on it.
Old 7th August 2009, 10:44   #236
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImmortalZ View Post

Isn't a wash standard with a service?
I Was explaning in 400 rs what all is included and in this point I meant 4 car wash are free.
And for current service 882 was total bill and I did not used the free car wash as rightly mentioned by you it is standard with all service.

Last edited by lalitk25 : 7th August 2009 at 10:50. Reason: Quote was missing
Old 7th August 2009, 10:48   #237
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandeep108 View Post
Suggest you change the rubber for 1k. You do NOT want to drive with streaky windscreen in the night, or get permanent scratches from hard rubber on it.
Is there any option outside Honda and any specific brand?
I am also concerned about scratches, BTW wipers are not creating any sound it is like in first swipe wind screen is not clear but when they comes back screen is clear.

Not sure why this is happening.
Old 7th August 2009, 11:47   #238
BANNED

For wipers no need to go OEM. Bosch and Syndicate are very popular. The latter are OEM for most manufacturers. The spares shop should have the list, or should be able to match it. Remember the two blades are not the same size in general.

Wiper blades tend to harden with age, and once in two years is recommended.
Old 7th August 2009, 14:21   #239
Senior - BHPian

Civic OEM are similar to or rebadged Bosch Aerotwin. A bit expensive. Replacing that with Syndicate would be taking a step back into the stone age. :P
Old 9th August 2009, 13:00   #240
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImmortalZ View Post
Civic OEM are similar to or rebadged Bosch Aerotwin. A bit expensive. Replacing that with Syndicate would be taking a step back into the stone age. :P
Syndicate are truly stone age..they dont last and streak. Use the aerotwins or OEMs. If one buys a 12-14 lakh car, I dont see any reason why he/she cant afford to pay Rs 1000 every 24 mths to change wiper blades and save his windshield (atleast 8x more expensive) and more importantly maintain safety standards. Unless of course the owner is a real cheap skate and penny wise pound foolish.

Rgds,

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks