Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th December 2009, 18:05   #391
BHPian

40K Service

Quote:
Originally Posted by civic-sense View Post
Has anybody done the 40K service? If yes, what was the cost incurred, and what things they changed?
I had posted detailed 40K service details on this thread earlier, you can look it up.
Old 15th December 2009, 19:05   #392
BHPian

40K Service

Here is the copy of my earlier post on April 09 regarding 40K Service:

Quote:
Originally Posted by manim View Post
Here is the bill break-up (inclusive of 12.5% VAT) for 40K service of Civic-AT:
Parts:
drain washer = 18
Air filter = 820
Brake pad = 4329
oil filter = 309
Synthetic oil = 2410
fuel filter = 3166
brake disc = 4477

Labour:
40K service = 1800
wheel alignment = 300
brake pad/disc replacement = 450
Sundries = 168

Total = Rs.18,247/-

I am surprised only about the rate of 'fuel-filter'.
At Rs.3,166/- it appears to be very expensive.
Old 16th December 2009, 10:12   #393
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by trrk View Post
Hi,
You have a point there. In a regular auto all you have to do is shift to alower gear.
Even in the CVT, the engine braking is far less than when you shift down in a normal auto.
I think, in general, any transmission which has a fluid coupling between the input and the output shafts will result in poor engine braking (as it slips the clutch). Automated manual/semi-auto transmissions will not have this problem. I think some CVTs come with torque converter, which again will suffer from this.

@axe77, cool, I always thought paddles-in-D is a feature with facelift only. Do you have all the features as in my ownership thread here (http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...-improved.html) ? That would be really great.
Old 16th December 2009, 10:47   #394
Senior - BHPian

I get quite decent engine braking in the civic AT even in D mode. Of course it is less than a MT, but much more than some other AT cars I have driven.
Old 16th December 2009, 17:11   #395
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandeep108 View Post
I get quite decent engine braking in the civic AT even in D mode. Of course it is less than a MT, but much more than some other AT cars I have driven.
Yes, it does. But if you want additional engine braking to save brake disc/pads, you need to shift down, which is not possible in D-mode with pre-2009 Civic ATs (I now assume all 2009 Civic ATs come with this feature).
Old 16th December 2009, 18:38   #396
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manim View Post
Here is the copy of my earlier post on April 09 regarding 40K Service:
Thanks for the inputs. Just came back after the 40K service at Dakshin Honda. Rs 8200 and that includes rs 180 for a missing 'H' in the HONDA logo. Lower than I expected (and the estimate too), but a tad high compared to the 40K service of my Optra (sold a while ago) which was ~ Rs 4000.

One question about steering: Compared to the other cars I have driven, the steering feels a bit reluctant to return to the center position while at low speeds. Asked the SS guy to check, but he said it is normal. Any thoughts?
Old 16th December 2009, 19:30   #397
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks for the inputs. Just came back after the 40K service at Dakshin Honda. Rs 8200 and that includes rs 180 for a missing 'H' in the HONDA logo. Lower than I expected (and the estimate too), but a tad high compared to the 40K service of my Optra (sold a while ago) which was ~ Rs 4000.

One question about steering: Compared to the other cars I have driven, the steering feels a bit reluctant to return to the center position while at low speeds. Asked the SS guy to check, but he said it is normal. Any thoughts?
Can you give the splits of the expenses. It would help.

The fuel filter should be around 4k, the oil and oil filter around 1.2k and service around 1.5k, air filter 800, what's the rest??
Old 16th December 2009, 19:35   #398
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Can you post details of the expenses incurred ?

Also, I presume the monogram you were charged for is the 'H' emblem found below the bonnet and the trunk lid and not the 'H' in the monogram "HONDA"
Old 16th December 2009, 21:01   #399
Senior - BHPian

@civic-sense : The Civic has hydraulic power assist, so the return depends on the force exerted on the rack by the wheels, which is pretty low at low speeds. Nothing to worry about.
Old 16th December 2009, 22:14   #400
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by laluks View Post
Can you give the splits of the expenses. It would help.

The fuel filter should be around 4k, the oil and oil filter around 1.2k and service around 1.5k, air filter 800, what's the rest??
paid service - 1970

engine oil - 853
emblem - 130
oil filter - 154
fuel filter - 3165
air filter - 820
drain washer - 18

a/c blowing/cleaning - 250
injector cleaning - 550
emblem labor - 50

service tax - 290
sales tax - 571

total - 8253

Quote:
Originally Posted by rr_zen View Post
Can you post details of the expenses incurred ?

Also, I presume the monogram you were charged for is the 'H' emblem found below the bonnet and the trunk lid and not the 'H' in the monogram "HONDA"
No, it is the 'H' in the HONDA . but then, i had not asked them to fix it. They took the call.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImmortalZ View Post
@civic-sense : The Civic has hydraulic power assist, so the return depends on the force exerted on the rack by the wheels, which is pretty low at low speeds. Nothing to worry about.
I had been driving cars with hydraulic steerings all along, but this one is a bit different than the others. Not something I cannot live with, but would require some getting used to. Thanks for the responses.
Old 16th December 2009, 23:27   #401
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
emblem - 130
emblem labor - 50

No, it is the 'H' in the HONDA . but then, i had not asked them to fix it. They took the call.
Ah ! There you go. Typical Honda pricing. So each alphabet in the letter costs 130 INR then. So will they be charging 650 INR for the entire piece then ?

I was under the impression that the 'HONDA' emblem is one single piece. Never knew till now that each alphabet is independent of the other in the monogram.
Old 16th December 2009, 23:39   #402
BHPian

Quote:
Ah ! There you go. Typical Honda pricing. So each alphabet in the letter costs 130 INR then. So will they be charging 650 INR for the entire piece then ?
And Rs 250 (50 each) for labour. Just kidding. Apart from the logo, everything sounds pretty reasonable.

Quote:
I was under the impression that the 'HONDA' emblem is one single piece. Never knew till now that each alphabet is independent of the other in the monogram.
On second thoughts, maybe the price of 130 is for all the 5 alphabets.

BTW, the engine feels much more silent after the service.

Can anybody suggest a good place in Bangalore to do an interior shampoo? The seats are pretty soiled.
Old 17th December 2009, 19:05   #403
BHPian

Quote:

Apologies for the wrong information. I checked the car, they have replaced the entire name 'HONDA' and it is one piece as you have said above. My mistake. Now 130 for the whole piece does not look unreasonable at all.
Old 17th December 2009, 20:21   #404
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I had been driving cars with hydraulic steerings all along, but this one is a bit different than the others. Not something I cannot live with, but would require some getting used to. Thanks for the responses.
Maybe it is a bit under assisted? This is the first hydraulic assisted car I've driven, so I don't really have any frames of reference. But I can confirm that the return to center action is a bit feeble under low speed conditions, especially when not accelerating.
Old 17th December 2009, 20:31   #405
Senior - BHPian

I drive an Esteem which has HPS. Is this the same(as in the same technology) as the hydraulic power assisted steering found on the Civic ? Someone having driven both cars should be able to tell if there is a noticeable difference between the two.

And yes. I experience the same symptom as narrated by civic-sense in my Esteem too, at low speeds. Maybe it is common to all HPS vehicles ?

Again, any pointers on why the City and Jazz have EPS (correct me if am wrong) while the Civic has HP-Assist.

Last edited by rr_zen : 17th December 2009 at 20:36.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks