Team-BHP > Technical Stuff

Search this Thread
Old 21st January 2010, 14:44   #451
Senior - BHPian

Got a feedback from a known one that it ain't that good in cornering as Toyota Corolla is !! Is it so ??

Though, I am a bit dicey with his feedback as he ain't driven any of the cars and giving feedback only as per his understandings & knowledge.

I ain't a slow driver on highway and love to push the vehicle to it's limits on an open stretch while my family being safe and sound.
Old 21st January 2010, 15:53   #452
Senior - BHPian

Took the car back after 40K service now. Rattling issue is not sorted, but will give them some time to comeback. Any ways as immortalz said i'd take it to some good ICE insatllers later.

Car performance is good. Silky smooth. Overall the service guys have done a good job.

Costs - 8068.00 the highest so far, mainly due to the Fuel stainer replacement.

That makes it a total of approximately 22K for 40K kilometers - which makes it 50Ps per Km to maintain. Good for such a segment car.

Split up
Engine oil-853
Fuel stainer - 3166
Oil filter - 155
Air filter - 821
Washer plug drain - 19
Paid service - 1970
Ac blower cleaning - 250
Injector cleaning - 550service tax-286
sales tax -557
Old 21st January 2010, 15:58   #453
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashthedivx View Post
Got a feedback from a known one that it ain't that good in cornering as Toyota Corolla is !! Is it so ??

Though, I am a bit dicey with his feedback as he ain't driven any of the cars and giving feedback only as per his understandings & knowledge.

I ain't a slow driver on highway and love to push the vehicle to it's limits on an open stretch while my family being safe and sound.
Just sour grapes really. If he hasn't driven both cars, it's just BS. I've personally hit 180 something fully loaded and it felt extremely planted and precise during lane changes. While TDing the Altis, I hated the lack of feedback on the Corolla. It may as well be better than a Nissan GT-R, but if I can't feel the car losing grip or judge how close it is to the edge, I can't drive it at that edge! And that right there was the deal breaker for me.

I think that the Civic with the HFP (Honda Factory Performance) coilovers will do wonders for the car. And they are like the most basic suspension upgrades you can get for the Civic for a pretty sweet price. Honda really softened the suspension for India.

Last edited by ImmortalZ : 21st January 2010 at 16:00.
Old 21st January 2010, 19:07   #454
BHPian

Synthetic oil

Quote:
Originally Posted by laluks View Post
Engine oil-853
Did they try to force you into synthetic oil?
I was told that Honda has told all dealers to talk to customers into using only synthetic oil for Civic.
I paid Rs.2,363/- for it during my 50K service.
Old 21st January 2010, 19:30   #455
BHPian

Quote:
Have personally done 197, and consistantly 180s many times. Fastest cornering was at 140
That's great - I like it.
Old 21st January 2010, 20:43   #456
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manim View Post
Did they try to force you into synthetic oil?
I was told that Honda has told all dealers to talk to customers into using only synthetic oil for Civic.
I paid Rs.2,363/- for it during my 50K service.
Service guy asked and I said not required. He did not push any further. Still with mineral oil
Old 21st January 2010, 21:48   #457
Senior - BHPian

Not necessary. I did change to synthetic oil once when the Honda service guy asked me to. I thought initially there was a difference but then it didn't matter. So back to mineral oil now.
Old 21st January 2010, 21:54   #458
Senior - BHPian

The synthetic oil offered at the dealerships - Is it a Honda specific (read as Honda Genuine Oil) or something that is available in the open market say like Mobil 1 etc?

If it is Mobil 1 that the dealer is trying to persuade you on, then better to buy it outside than at the dealer at a premium. This is what I do for my Esteem everytime.
Old 22nd January 2010, 06:35   #459
Senior - BHPian

They label it as Honda, but I know for a fact that it's Idemitsu.
Old 22nd January 2010, 08:32   #460
BHPian

Quote:
Have personally done 197
I have read somewhere (Honda Civic Review?) that the maximum speed of Civic is 198 kmph.

Is this a theoretical limit?

Has anyone crossed this limit ?

What's the Civic engine RPM at this limit?
Old 22nd January 2010, 08:42   #461
Senior - BHPian

look through the thread, there are guy who had done 205+

Regarding the fuel strainer that was replaced, the product I thought was a small one, but this one is a little big with some complex design. I'll try to put up a picture some time.

Meanwhile this is the Outgoing part number - 17708-SNN-T52-M1 a denso product.
Now it is replaced with 17048-SNA-010 a made in Japan product (only mentioned as honda genuine part on the cardboard box) costs with tax - Rs3236

Searching other civic forums, this part is normally replaced when there is a drop in fuel pressure, mostly nearing the 1 lakh kilometer mark, but in India it is a mandatory replacement every 40K km, may be due to the poor quality of petrol as percieved by Honda. Anyhow the better to keep the car great
Old 22nd January 2010, 11:40   #462
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
look through the thread, there are guy who had done 205+
Well, Looks like you didn't u'stand my query. It ain't "How fast it can go ??" It's "How safe is it at high speed ??"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImmortalZ View Post
Just sour grapes really. If he hasn't driven both cars, it's just BS. I've personally hit 180 something fully loaded and it felt extremely planted and precise during lane changes. While TDing the Altis, I hated the lack of feedback on the Corolla. It may as well be better than a Nissan GT-R, but if I can't feel the car losing grip or judge how close it is to the edge, I can't drive it at that edge! And that right there was the deal breaker for me.

I think that the Civic with the HFP (Honda Factory Performance) coilovers will do wonders for the car. And they are like the most basic suspension upgrades you can get for the Civic for a pretty sweet price. Honda really softened the suspension for India.
Thanks for the feedback, I have too hitted 180-190 many times on Fully-loaded Optra and felt totally planted/safe without any hitch. I have an idea that civic is a driver's car, but wanted to know from horse's mouths only.

Any idea how much HFP coil-overs will cost ??
Old 22nd January 2010, 11:55   #463
Senior - BHPian

I have driven both cars, Corolla AT and Civic AT and would any day prefer the civic over the corolla. I am not aware of whether they have made any improvements to the Altis suspension/AT so my opinion may be outdated.

The corolla felt very 'loose' over 90-100 kmph (on a comparative basis of course) the engine was very rough after 4,500 rpm and the 4 speed AT was quite pathetic. The corolla also felt very tinny on doors / boot. If you observe, every corolla will have a dent in the front top fender.
Old 22nd January 2010, 12:50   #464
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashthedivx View Post
Any idea how much HFP coil-overs will cost ??
HFP Sport Suspension Civic Honda Accessory - $606.90

Direct fit. That's around 30k + duties.
Old 22nd January 2010, 13:21   #465
BHPian

Quote:
I had asked a small rattle near the audio system area in the dashboard to be looked into and rectified. Now I get a call saying that it will cost me Rs 4000 + to do so

Reason cited - removing the entire dash board, will cause ac gas to leak, so ac has to be charged and all put together it costs so much, blah blah
@laluks.

This seems to be true. In my civic Some rats had entered the Ac ducts and chewed up whatever it could including blower motor parts. WF Honda guys had to remove the Dashboard to correct this (I got the car back today only).

The SA told me that they had charged ac gas as it will leak while opening the dash.

Most Viewed