Team-BHP > Technical Stuff

Search this Thread
Old 22nd January 2010, 15:19   #466
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by motor_breathing View Post
@laluks.

This seems to be true. In my civic Some rats had entered the Ac ducts and chewed up whatever it could including blower motor parts. WF Honda guys had to remove the Dashboard to correct this (I got the car back today only).

The SA told me that they had charged ac gas as it will leak while opening the dash.

Oh! Would you mind telling us the charges incurred? labour parts etc..

Now I would like to see how the Dash is mounted. Anyone has the full details of it or step by step pictorial instruction of refitting from the 8th gen civic. Sort of curious about ac, etc..

Further, today I checked the tyre pressure. Dakshin Honda guys filled all the tyres at 44PSI . The guy at the petrol pump today morning almost fainted seeing that!!

Last edited by laluks : 22nd January 2010 at 15:22.
Old 22nd January 2010, 15:23   #467
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandeep108 View Post
I have driven both cars, Corolla AT and Civic AT and would any day prefer the civic over the corolla. I am not aware of whether they have made any improvements to the Altis suspension/AT so my opinion may be outdated.

The corolla felt very 'loose' over 90-100 kmph (on a comparative basis of course) the engine was very rough after 4,500 rpm and the 4 speed AT was quite pathetic. The corolla also felt very tinny on doors / boot. If you observe, every corolla will have a dent in the front top fender.

Yup you're right the Corolla does seem to have that tinny feeling. Even I found the Civic to be more solidly built than the Corolla.

Once I was leaning on my neighbour's Corolla on the front fender, I could feel the fender being pushed in and when I stopped leaning against it the fender was still pushed inwards and didn't come back out

Last edited by aparth : 22nd January 2010 at 15:26.
Old 22nd January 2010, 16:41   #468
Senior - BHPian

Hi,

Quote:
Originally Posted by laluks View Post
Engine oil-853
Can you put up a scanned copy of the bill here, please?

My next service is due on the 27th. I would like to have ammunition to fight for mineral oil.

I already have a dispute about the quantity of oil put in at the 5000km interval oil change. Though the book says 3.4L, I am always charged 3.7L. The service cnetre claims it is centalised billing and that is how it is.

But in Bangalore they charge only 3.4L, but there is no copy of the bill for me to use to support my claim locally.
Old 22nd January 2010, 22:13   #469
BHPian

Quote:
Regarding the fuel strainer that was replaced, the product I thought was a small one, but this one is a little big with some complex design. I'll try to put up a picture some time.

Meanwhile this is the Outgoing part number - 17708-SNN-T52-M1 a denso product.
Now it is replaced with 17048-SNA-010 a made in Japan product (only mentioned as honda genuine part on the cardboard box) costs with tax - Rs3236
Sorry for being late with the information as I was not following this thread for some time. The part no of the fuel trainer in my 40k service bill also reads 17048-SNA-010
Old 22nd January 2010, 23:19   #470
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Now I would like to see how the Dash is mounted. Anyone has the full details of it or step by step pictorial instruction of refitting from the 8th gen civic. Sort of curious about ac, etc..

Further, today I checked the tyre pressure. Dakshin Honda guys filled all the tyres at 44PSI . The guy at the petrol pump today morning almost fainted seeing that!!
You'll need to get the Haynes manual for the 8th gen Civic for that. You can get those for the USDM Civics. The JDM is quite similar, except mirrored and some minor changes. I'd love it if someone could tell me the equivalent manual source for Asian cars.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aparth View Post
Yup you're right the Corolla does seem to have that tinny feeling. Even I found the Civic to be more solidly built than the Corolla.

Once I was leaning on my neighbour's Corolla on the front fender, I could feel the fender being pushed in and when I stopped leaning against it the fender was still pushed inwards and didn't come back out
Back on New Year's, us TVM BHPians were standing around Vys de BlUR's brand new Innova. I sorta leaned on the rear door and it went straight in! Thankfully came back out though. It felt like a paper sheet! Here I was thinking Suzukis and Hondas were the flimsy ones.

Last edited by ImmortalZ : 22nd January 2010 at 23:24.
Old 23rd January 2010, 18:00   #471
Senior - BHPian

My car is approaching for 2nd free service (5000 kms or 3 months). Could anyone tell me what are the things that would be done to the car in this interval? What about the engine oil change? Any approximate cost?
Old 23rd January 2010, 18:02   #472
Senior - BHPian

Mods please delete this post.
Internet played up. Back to back post

Last edited by laluks : 23rd January 2010 at 18:04. Reason: Internet played up. Back to back post
Old 23rd January 2010, 18:03   #473
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iTNerd View Post
My car is approaching for 2nd free service (5000 kms or 3 months). Could anyone tell me what are the things that would be done to the car in this interval? What about the engine oil change? Any approximate cost?
5K is a normal service. Costs around 850/-
Oil change is at 10K. costs around 1000 if you use mineral oil.
Old 23rd January 2010, 18:19   #474
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
5K is a normal service. Costs around 850/-
Oil change is at 10K. costs around 1000 if you use mineral oil.
Thanks laluks! It was indeed very quick
Old 23rd January 2010, 18:35   #475
BHPian

Quote:
General check, top-up fluids and a wash FOC. Got mine done 2 weeks ago. If you report any issues, they will attend.
Old 25th January 2010, 09:20   #476
BHPian

Quote:
Total came to 12500 rs. I don't have the break up as the bill was directly send to the company who maintains the car.

Quote:
HFP Sport Suspension Civic Honda Accessory - $606.90

Direct fit. That's around 30k + duties.
This would be a great mod for civic and should help cornering. But I read in the site that it will reduce the GC by an inch
Old 25th January 2010, 10:03   #477
Senior - BHPian

Thanks Immortalz !!

Any idea what will be an average expense on service, I was going through old pages of the thread but looks like it varies from car-to-car. However, can we assume that an average expense per service is around 2-2.5K ??
Old 25th January 2010, 12:09   #478
Senior - BHPian

Done 2nd service @ 3600 kms, 3 months. They topped up some fluids (that is what they say) and paid Rs. 0. But I don't understand why it took 6 hrs to service it, when there are not much work done on the car (just normal checks, washing, cleaning etc).. overall, I am happy!
Old 25th January 2010, 12:14   #479
Senior - BHPian

Non oil change services will cost anywhere from 700 to 900.

Do not let them add useless stuff to your bill like brake cleaning. Alignment and wheel balancing will cost 300 in labour.

Oil change services with mineral oil will cost around 1600-1700. With synthetic, it will be around 3000.

Major services like 40k and such will cost a bit more because quite a bit of kit is inspected and changed. Generally, the Civic is a very cheap car to run.

My 20k service cost me INR5050/-

This included paid service, brake cleaning (yeah), wheel balancing and alignment (yep), synthetic oil change and new wiper blades. I'll scan the bill when I get back home today.
Old 25th January 2010, 18:46   #480
BHPian

2nd Free service cost

Quote:
Zero cost for my 2nd free service back in August 2007.

Most Viewed