Team-BHP > Technical Stuff

Search this Thread
Old 7th February 2011, 15:32   #1321
BHPian

re: Honda Civic : Maintenance, Service Costs and Must dos

Jus finished reading all the 88 pages in a single day
I started at 9 am
I am sure there is nothing more one needs to know about the civic

One question remains: is the new model launch going to make some dent in used civic prices ?
TIA
Old 13th February 2011, 21:48   #1322
dot
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikramvicky1984 View Post
One question remains: is the new model launch going to make some dent in used civic prices ?
TIA
My two cents: Used (preworshipped) Civics usually have highly depreciated prices, as you may have realized. Therefore I doubt the launch of the new gen Civic will precipitate a sudden drastic decrease in prices. Usual depreciation rates might still apply. Already 06 Civics are available in sub seven lakhs bracket, it will be really interesting to see it suddenly lose 50k because of the launch. Looks difficult.
Old 14th February 2011, 10:09   #1323
BANNED

Any new model -esp. if launched with a lot of fanfare and noise as a new model has an impact on used car prices. As mentioned by dot the depreciation on this category of cars is hight to start with, so the impact may be very minor. On the other hand minor upgrades like the current addition of a sunroof or even suspension changes in late 2009 may not significantly impact second hand prices.
Old 15th February 2011, 19:35   #1324
BHPian

Just gave the car for 15000kms service, Rs 1671/- including pick up drop @350
Did suspension re torquing, and general top up of all the oils, They said they change the engine oil after 10000kms(And in the last invoice I had, they said syenthic oil, So I'm guessing its alright to let it stay till 20000kms)
900 for general labour, Minor niggles looked into
This is following a 6k battery change done around a couple of weeks ago(the car is 4 years old)
Magnum Honda,yeshwantpur branch, in bangalore-would recommend them so far(unless something unexpected comes up)
Old 17th February 2011, 10:16   #1325
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raghav.carfreak View Post
This is following a 6k battery change done around a couple of weeks ago(the car is 4 years old)
Which battery is it ?
I recently changed my battery to Amaron, it costed me 4.4K after exchanging my old battery. (Price quoted was 5,400Rs).

How much does all 4 brake pads replacement cost ?
Old 17th February 2011, 14:24   #1326
BHPian

It was exide, i got 500 for the old battery, but i'd called honda helpline to diagnose the problem which cost me 600 in itself, (didn't get the battery for them, they were charging 6k+tax for a lower variant of the battery
so that's why 6k
Old 19th February 2011, 20:13   #1327
dot
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sushrutha View Post

How much does all 4 brake pads replacement cost ?
The front two costs 5.5k. This I know since they were replaced two months back. I guess all four will cost around 11k.
Old 20th February 2011, 19:13   #1328
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dot View Post
The front two costs 5.5k. This I know since they were replaced two months back. I guess all four will cost around 11k.
I think someone on the same forum mentioned that the OEM nissin pads can be bought in market and they comes out to be very cheap.
Is it true? and can someone tell me where I can get it in noida or chandigarh?
Mine is touching 40K it has still some life left but don't think it will last more than 5K.
Old 20th February 2011, 20:46   #1329
BHPian

@laltik25
Yes you get OEM nissin brake pads in open market at a price diff of atleast 40% from the HONDA A.S.S price.Atleast this is the case in Mumbai.

Dont know about noida ask fellow bhpian from noida na, you might end up getting answer.
Old 21st February 2011, 11:17   #1330
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dot View Post
Thanks dot. 11K(4 brakepads) just for the brakepads is slightly expensive I feel.
Quote:
Originally Posted by lalitk25 View Post
I think someone on the same forum mentioned that the OEM nissin pads can be bought in market and they comes out to be very cheap.
Is it true?
Quote:
Originally Posted by jatinpatel View Post
Yes you get OEM nissin brake pads in open market at a price diff of atleast 40% from the HONDA A.S.S price.Atleast this is the case in Mumbai.
For the CITY, the OEM brakepads are of NISSIN's. I had brought them twice for my City. First time when I brought Original NISSIN Brake pads from reputed automobile shop in BLR(JC Road), the brake pads started getting craks, I replaced them when they were hardly used for 10K kms. Changed to Original Honda (NISSIN), since then it's running fine.
For the City, the brake pads (Nissin)were quoted around 1,700Rs in JC Road BLR, the same brake pads were quoted around 4K Rs in Whitefiedl Honda.

Last edited by sushrutha : 21st February 2011 at 11:21.
Old 21st February 2011, 21:03   #1331
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sushrutha View Post
Thanks dot. 11K(4 brakepads) just for the brakepads is slightly expensive I feel.

For the CITY, the OEM brakepads are of NISSIN's. I had brought them twice for my City. First time when I brought Original NISSIN Brake pads from reputed automobile shop in BLR(JC Road), the brake pads started getting craks, I replaced them when they were hardly used for 10K kms. Changed to Original Honda (NISSIN), since then it's running fine.
For the City, the brake pads (Nissin)were quoted around 1,700Rs in JC Road BLR, the same brake pads were quoted around 4K Rs in Whitefiedl Honda.
So you mean to say there is no worth buying from open market?
Old 22nd February 2011, 10:32   #1332
Senior - BHPian

Replaced my left ORVM (mirror only) last week at Dakshin Honda. Total cost of about Rs 550.
Old 22nd February 2011, 11:08   #1333
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lalitk25 View Post
So you mean to say there is no worth buying from open market?
I'm not saying it's not worth buying from open market, sometimes one has to be very careful in choosing Original & Duplicate spares in the open market.
Whereas in a showroom/A.S.S. you can always claim a warranty if the part fails within stipulated time/Kms run.
Old 22nd February 2011, 17:44   #1334
Senior - BHPian

How many of you with AT cars have mastered the paddle shifts as much as you would do on an MT car? I am in the process of getting used to drive only with paddles and see how much I can simulate MT using them, along with engine braking and quick acceleration. Of course you need to be in S mode to make good use of paddles.
Old 23rd February 2011, 16:05   #1335
Senior - BHPian

I had started driving using only paddles in the city.
Found the drive to be much smoother. I drive with a light foot and like the drive to be as smooth as possible. It upshifts into m3 very quick and stays there even while driving slowly. And only dowshifts to m1 when i stop completely. Although the fuel efficiency remains the same whether i drive in d or manual mode. Overall i prefer driving with the paddles. Does it behave like a manual transmission car. No i dont think so. Manual cars feel more alive and manual mode in autos dont really match up. Still with todays traffic conditions i prefer an auto box anyday. The fact that it comes with a manual override option is the icing on the cake.

Most Viewed