Search this Thread
Old 5th June 2011, 22:38   #1846
dot
Senior - BHPian

re: Honda Civic : Maintenance, Service Costs and Must dos

Quote:
Originally Posted by jatinpatel View Post

Hence Proved Engine Mounts Is GONE!
Oh, no. Not you also. Whats going on these days here?

This just reinforces the belief that Honda should recall all Civics and replace the mounts.

Did you know that during the 40k service the Scorponok's brake light switch was replaced since it was part of a recall.

Sorry, I am in a pretty belligerent mood these days about Honda.

Not Civic though

She deserves better.
Old 5th June 2011, 23:07   #1847
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dot View Post
Sorry, I am in a pretty belligerent mood these days about Honda.

Not Civic though

She deserves better.
So my Q here reading about all the snafus - is the Civic too a brilliant piece of machinery ruined by the HASSs in India and some of the outsourced components like M&M's Scorpio ?
Have been reading this thread with interest !

Last edited by Guderian : 5th June 2011 at 23:08.
Old 5th June 2011, 23:15   #1848
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by khoj View Post
AVS dbs are unidirectional tyres. Trust your tyre rotation was inline with that i.e. front to rear and rear to front on either side
Yep. That's what I had asked them to do. I was inspecting the tyres today for the earlier punctures. I'm not sure they switched one of the sides. Will rotate once more.

Actually it's not the steady tyre noise. It's as if there's a flat spot or a patch-work done somewhere. It goes gup-gup-gup-gup with the frequency increasing with the revs. The noise is most audible upto 40-50kmph beyond which it can be noticed but not too evident if one is hearing casually - since the frequency is too quick.
Old 5th June 2011, 23:29   #1849
dot
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guderian View Post
So my Q here reading about all the snafus - is the Civic too a brilliant piece of machinery ruined by the HASSs in India and some of the outsourced components like M&M's Scorpio ?
Horns of a dilemma. What do you do if a brilliant child has irresponsible parents.

Civic is getting a bad name after we owners post these issues. The culprit in my opinion is Honda Siel and a few bad components. The simplest thing is to hold a recall and spare the owners of further trouble.

Why is it that most Civics are losing their top left engine mounts at 30-40k kilometers? It is a defective part. Who takes responsibility?

Take the auto tensioner. There was a recall in US as I understood by the thread which I have resurrected in the Indian Car scene section yesterday. Was there an Indian recall? AFAIK, none.
Old 5th June 2011, 23:45   #1850
Senior - BHPian

Hell, I have said it earlier and I say it again, the engine mount in civic should have been a factory recall .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace F355 View Post
@ Gaurav: Spare Mart didn't pick my phone, dude. Will ask them how much it is going to cost at their place!

P.S. PM me your phone number too!
Did you call yesterday, Kashimiri gate is closed on saturday, that may be reason no one picked your call. This can be procured from karol bagh as well.

Will PM you my number and karol bagh guy's number .

Quote:
Originally Posted by shuvc View Post
In fact my car also seems to have suddenly developed , what seems to be tyre noise. I rotated the tyres 2 weeks back (rear & front swapped on each side). And since then there's this noise which keeps pace with the tyre revs. Sounds like a milder version of those truck tyres that have patch repairs !! Will do another round of swapping soon.

The 205/60 Yoko AVS dbV550's have run 15K kms.
Damn, I thought I may consider these tyres in my next change because they are silent tyres with decent performance. Who said Yokos are generally silent, my S-Drives sound like kaput bearing and now I see the Dbs too have gone noisy.
Old 5th June 2011, 23:50   #1851
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaurav_chopra04 View Post
Damn, I thought I may consider these tyres in my next change because they are silent tyres with decent performance. Who said Yokos are generally silent, my S-Drives sound like kaput bearing and now I see the Dbs too have gone noisy.
Which is why I'm wondering about what other options there are in the possible upgrade sizes:
205/60/15
205/65/15
215/60/15
Old 5th June 2011, 23:56   #1852
BHPian

Quote:
Horns of a dilemma. What do you do if a brilliant child has irresponsible parents.

Civic is getting a bad name after we owners post these issues. The culprit in my opinion is Honda Siel and a few bad components. The simplest thing is to hold a recall and spare the owners of further trouble.

Why is it that most Civics are losing their top left engine mounts at 30-40k kilometers? It is a defective part. Who takes responsibility?

Take the auto tensioner. There was a recall in US as I understood by the thread which I have resurrected in the Indian Car scene section yesterday. Was there an Indian recall? AFAIK, none.

Cant help it But its India.

But the strange issue is this problem is not being reported by owners of 08 onwards civic.
I am really keeping my fingers and everything else too crossed for the auto tensioner.
Its showing very very very negligible kind of sound but i Just pray and hope it stays to what it is and does not grow.
Old 6th June 2011, 00:21   #1853
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Which is why I'm wondering about what other options there are in the possible upgrade sizes:
205/60/15
205/65/15
215/60/15
I am seriously considering Michelin PS3s, they should be sporty and less noisy atleast as compared to atleast S-Drives. However, I have had a whole lot of FUN with S-Drives and dont want to miss its performace in the next set. I know they are noisy and very delicate (cant handle slightest abuse), but then the performance is something I have on top of my wish list. So, I think only PS3 can match them in terms of performance.

Another tyre is Bridgestone ER300, my cousin's cedia has it in 205/55 R16 and another cousin's civic has it in 195/65 R15. In 195s in civic is not the right size according to me and the tyres start shouting under heavy braking. However, the 205s in cedia are much better, and the performance is rather decent. Braking is good and cornering is also acceptable The tyre noise is also almost non existant.

The down side of these tyres is that the steering gets light, have witnessed it in both cedia and civic. The steering of cedia and civic both of which had same good year tyres (eagle something), went considerably lighter after the change to Bridgestone ER300.

Somehow, I havent heard anything new about Kumhos. The Power racer 2 on my cousin's lancer still perform very good and tyre noise to is rather less. I would certainly check some new kumhos before I take the plunge.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jatinpatel View Post
But the strange issue is this problem is not being reported by owners of 08 onwards civic.
My cousin's 09 civic sport has had it replaced at some 47k kms.

Last edited by gaurav_chopra04 : 6th June 2011 at 00:24.
Old 6th June 2011, 10:10   #1854
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I am seriously considering Michelin PS3s,
What size options does the PS3 come in for the Civic? Prices?
Old 6th June 2011, 13:20   #1855
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I remember some Indian Civics getting recalled for a suspension-related glitch if I'm not mistaken. This was when I was still in Bengaluru, so it must've been before April 2009. Most likely late 2008.

Wasn't there a City recall as well, to fix some engine oil circulation system issue?

Regards,
spadix
Old 6th June 2011, 16:10   #1856
BHPian

@spadix
can you please share more information regarding Civic suspension re call issue?
Old 6th June 2011, 16:17   #1857
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
What size options does the PS3 come in for the Civic? Prices?
They are available in 205/60 R15 if I remember right. And the price was around Rs.5800 per tyre.
Old 6th June 2011, 16:28   #1858
Senior - BHPian

The Engine mounts on my civic were replaced free of charge by Honda at the 40000 KM service, The mounts had given and while reversing I could hear funny noises and moreover the morning start up noise what everybody is complaining here.

When I showed it at the A.S.S he said the engine mounts need to be replaced, but he told me that would be done free of charge as a "GOODWILL GESTURE FROM HONDA", I dont know why. Looking at my car, 17" Rims, aftermarket suspension. I still dont believe how and why did he change for free, but I aint complaining
Old 6th June 2011, 17:03   #1859
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
They are available in 205/60 R15 if I remember right. And the price was around Rs.5800 per tyre.
Just called the Michelin rep at Calcutta. He says they don't get PS3, PS2 in 15s. PP2s yes, but they have some ISI issue, hence no supply.
Old 6th June 2011, 17:06   #1860
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Just called the Michelin rep at Calcutta. He says they don't get PS3, PS2 in 15s. PP2s yes, but they have some ISI issue, hence no supply.
Let me check again, will get back in a day or so. I remember to have checked with 2 dealers on the same.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks