Team-BHP > Technical Stuff

Search this Thread
Old 25th November 2011, 23:21   #2596
BHPian

re: Honda Civic : Maintenance, Service Costs and Must dos

@dot and ACE

even i am facing the same losing out of the polish on the steering H logo, Is there a new logo available ?
changing the full steering cover is utter stupidity IMO.
Also the leather wrap on the steering has worn out is there any way to replace that wrap and also obtain the same level of thickness and tightness as what offered by the factory leather wrap ?
Cause I do not want to add just an ad on steering cover.

This logo issue is only the single issue that irritates me whenever i sit in my civic as interiors wise thats the only deficit. Need to sort it out to make my Civic complete and perfect.

Last edited by jatinpatel : 25th November 2011 at 23:22.
Old 26th November 2011, 20:43   #2597
dot
Senior - BHPian

Alternator whine update:

Alternator whine has been eliminated. The ground of amp and ReQ has been connected directly to the negative terminal of battery as per recommendation from 8th Civic forum posts. It works! Oh how I love the silence of the speakers!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jatinpatel View Post
even i am facing the same losing out of the polish on the steering H logo, Is there a new logo available ?

Also the leather wrap on the steering has worn out is there any way to replace that wrap and also obtain the same level of thickness and tightness as what offered by the factory leather wrap ?
I think the logo is available overseas and can be bought from the net. Regarding the leather steering cover, the Honda OEM quality, fit and finish is terrific. Aftermarket ones may not match, but can come close.

Last edited by dot : 26th November 2011 at 20:44.
Old 29th November 2011, 21:51   #2598
dot
Senior - BHPian

Do any of you know where to get the clips or tabs which keeps the front bumper attached to the plastic wheel well inner fender. The garage lost a few during the oil pan installation.
Old 1st December 2011, 14:03   #2599
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dot View Post
Do any of you know where to get the clips or tabs which keeps the front bumper attached to the plastic wheel well inner fender. The garage lost a few during the oil pan installation.
Any spare part shop should have it, but you might need to show one sample to them. I recently got the tabs/clips for the seat hardback. They cost a measly 3 bucks but the quality was a whole lot inferior to the OEM item.
hiren.mistry is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd December 2011, 09:53   #2600
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaurav_diavolo View Post
'H' logo on steering has lost polish. Replacement 85000/- because apparently Honda says, we need to change the cover and that will disturb the SRS assemby.
SRS assembly my butt... What would they do in case Cruise Control button gets broken (in facelift Civic)? Will they be replacing the full steering assembly? Morons!

@ gaurav_diavolo: Don't worry too much dude. Civic has many more positive points which will make you grin and bear it!

Anyway, check out ebay or Rstyleracing website and order the red Honda logo from there. Will cost you around INR 300-400.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dot View Post
I think Ace had installed a red H logo on the horn pad. Perhaps he can suggest an option here.
Dotty, I do have the red Honda logo with me which I bought from the US, however I haven't applied it yet. My OEM chrome logo is looking great so far! Makes me wonder though how can logos on such low mileage cars can loose their chrome and shine?

I have seen cars with 15000 clicks on the odo suffering from the same problem. Not typically synonymous with Honda quality!
Quote:
@dot and ACE

changing the full steering cover is utter stupidity IMO.
Cause I do not want to add just an ad on steering cover.

This logo issue is only the single issue that irritates me whenever i sit in my civic as interiors wise thats the only deficit. Need to sort it out to make my Civic complete and perfect.
Jatin, check out the rstyleracing website and you can get the red Honda logo. Check out ebay for the OEM one. I do not have the link handy since I am sitting in Nainital n surfing on my cell, will post the link once I get to see my laptop.

Slight OT but I am enjoying the hilly drives to the core after so many months. Love my Swift's tyres screeching and begging for mercy on those sharp uphill hairpin turns. FE and tyre life be damned, am enjoying the motoring Nirvana.

Wish my Civic was here.

Last edited by Ace F355 : 2nd December 2011 at 10:16.
Ace F355 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd December 2011, 19:39   #2601
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace F355 View Post
@ gaurav_diavolo: Don't worry too much dude. Civic has many more positive points which will make you grin and bear it!
Thanks buddy! Just came back from a Jaipur-Delhi-Noida-Greater Noida trip and yup there's a grin on my face again Some great driving stretches with friends and good music.

However I have noted down all these things to be attended on a piece of paper in my office and will sort them one by one!
Old 2nd December 2011, 22:51   #2602
dot
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
S

Makes me wonder though how can logos on such low mileage cars can loose their chrome and shine?

I have seen cars with 15000 clicks on the odo suffering from the same problem. Not typically synonymous with Honda quality!
Yeah, it is not like we are rubbing the logo everyday. The part hardly faces abrasion. Just poor quality coating whose adhesion to the plastic substrate is rather low.
Old 3rd December 2011, 17:43   #2603
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
SRS assembly my butt... What would they do in case Cruise Control button gets broken (in facelift Civic)? Will they be replacing the full steering assembly? Morons!
They all are same, bloody whole assembly for a logo. I am sure the logo can be found on Ebay.

Quote:
Dotty, I do have the red Honda logo with me which I bought from the US, however I haven't applied it yet. My OEM chrome logo is looking great so far! Makes me wonder though how can logos on such low mileage cars can loose their chrome and shine?

Most people press the horn by placing their palm on the center of the steering (where logo is) and hence the crome on the logo vanishes in no time.. most probably you just press it from left or right corner.. Yours is the only car, i have seen with more than 50k on the clock and crome still intact. In fact, apart from crome, even the right side of steering wheel is damaged on my cousin's civic as the driver wears a kada..

EDIT: some credit also goes to the cleaner to make the steering wheel look shiny..lolzz

Quote:
I am sitting in Nainital n surfing on my cell, will post the link once I get to see my laptop.
Wow, Holidays huh...Please done kill me for this now..

Last edited by gaurav_chopra04 : 3rd December 2011 at 17:44.
Old 3rd December 2011, 17:52   #2604
BHPian

Does anyone have any idea how much the bumper clips and tabs that hold the outer corners of the rear bumper in place cost at Honda?

My cars rear bumper is coming out a little bit and thats irritating to me, want to get it back in shape.
Old 3rd December 2011, 22:23   #2605
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Does anyone have any idea how much the bumper clips and tabs that hold the outer corners of the rear bumper in place cost at Honda?

My cars rear bumper is coming out a little bit and thats irritating to me, want to get it back in shape.
Dunno about clips and tabs but my Civic's rear was misaligned due to a bump while reversing and it was fixed at Nakita motors Bandra for 150 bucks.The guy simply used a metallic wire to support the bumper after opening the assembly and it seems pretty much in it's original place.
Old 4th December 2011, 10:51   #2606
BANNED

I have had chaps try to rear end me twice. Just a hard push with the butt of a hammer fixed them both. It is a very soft marterial
Old 4th December 2011, 14:46   #2607
dot
Senior - BHPian

Since I didnt get time to replace the buttons, I have installed cable ties which are holding the inner fender sheets to the bottom of the front bumper. The ties are doing a great job so far. I drove on really wrong side of 120s couple of days back and they held on without a flutter. One cant even make out their presence, either from side profile or front view as extra tail of the fastened ties have been snipped off.

Last edited by dot : 4th December 2011 at 15:03.
Old 4th December 2011, 22:40   #2608
BHPian

@sumeet
is the wire vissible from outside?

@sgtik

tried doing hammer way that you said too in past but still after a few days or a month or so it pops out again. Really pathetic way in which Honda has designed the fastening of the bumpers around corners.
Old 5th December 2011, 00:57   #2609
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Really pathetic way in which Honda has designed the fastening of the bumpers around corners.
My car has damaged clips too. However, I have pushed the bumper in place and tightened the screws. Hasn't come off in over a year.

They are designed to tear/come off easily. I realised the benefit of this when a santro came and banged into the wheel well/bumper of my (parked) car. Since the bumper clips give away easily, the bumper itself did not get damaged/bent/broken .. as it came loose quickly.
Old 5th December 2011, 10:12   #2610
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

I had this replaced in my car recently as the bumper was jutting out a bit after somebody kissed it. Honda guys have them in a small plastic bag, I think a set of 4/6 of them cost some 150 bucks of something.

Most Viewed