Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th December 2011, 19:01   #2686
Senior - BHPian

re: Honda Civic : Maintenance, Service Costs and Must dos

Quote:
Originally Posted by dot View Post
Ace, this is one of the two things that keeps me going. The other (second) thing being the car itself.
That is so true. Car itself is so amazing that I can't help out myself smiling everytime I get out of it. The drive, every single time, makes up for much more than the pain and money I spend on its upkeep!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jatinpatel View Post
@ACE

I knew what i was signing up for when i bought a 15L Civic, but dont you think a car of this price should also offer durablity of the similar cost?

Okay fine parts fail but then what the hell was honda thinking when it decided upon the parts pricing ?
If your charging soo exorbitantly for parts give parts which are durable too na?
Dont you think ?
I understand your anger with regard to the matter. I would also suggest you to go through what Gaurav Chopra has suggested to you in his post above. Dig in a little deep, you may not need to replace the whole damn thing. Things can go wrong with cars, afterall they are machines exposed to regular wear and tear. Just that you are a little more unfortunate with your car! However, I'd say it again; Civic, being a global bread and butter car for Honda, part sourcing should not be an issue at all. Good Luck and keep us posted.
Ace F355 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th December 2011, 19:43   #2687
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vasoo View Post
In my recent drive, I noted that there is some sort of vibration felt while applying brakes at high speeds, even when it is applied lightly to reduce speed. Is it something to do with worn out brake pads? I also noticed that there is is an unusual amount of brake dust on front left alloys, compared to other wheels.
I had a similar problem (vibration during braking) and it was solved after the brake-discs were replaced along with the brake-pads (both at front).
Old 29th December 2011, 09:48   #2688
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manim View Post
I had a similar problem (vibration during braking) and it was solved after the brake-discs were replaced along with the brake-pads (both at front).
Thanks. I dont think my brakes discs and pads are due for replacement at 14K kms. Need to check out other possibilities.
Old 29th December 2011, 14:54   #2689
BHPian

@all

Okay guys I think its raining problems over me

Rack is repaired along with also changed the ball joints and tie rods as they developed play in them total bill with labor and all came upto 13.8k.

Few days ago my radiator fan motor went a bust it was suffering from play inside the motor which resulted in vibration of the fan which was risky so got replaced with OEM denso part cost 6.5k previous to this like say a month ago had got the AC gas topped up.

Now since past few days again am observing that the CHILLING nature of the Ac is reducing and its been highly suspected that its the cooling coil which has developed the leak.

Got a quote of 17k total which includes Cooling Coil full ac service with gas recharging.

If someone knows or can get me good quote for the cooling coil works then I will be highly obliged.

P.S- Can the cooling coil be repaired if the leak is small ?

Just sat today for a while and compiled amount of money till date i have spent on my rocket and it came upto to 86k which includes the major 40k service and new tyres and the rack and cooling coil works and so on.

@ACE
agreed this car did put a big very big grin on my face when i got her back today but later on when i came to know about the cooling coil thingy it just frustrated and sadden me.

Will be going for a spin in her in sometime just blow away my frustration hope this car wont throw me more problems.

Last edited by jatinpatel : 29th December 2011 at 14:55.
Old 29th December 2011, 15:01   #2690
Senior - BHPian

The AC gas topup itself should have been a big hint that something was wrong and cooling coil/condenser checked at that time. I do not think any of these items can be repaired.

Very sorry to hear of your problems, but now hopefully after all this you may not have any problems for 2-3 years.
Old 29th December 2011, 16:42   #2691
dot
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Now since past few days again am observing that the CHILLING nature of the Ac is reducing and its been highly suspected that its the cooling coil which has developed the leak.

Before you think of changing the cooling coil, just check the gas pressure. It is possible that the gas might have leaked somehow again and a simple refill could solve issues. The same happened to me last year.

Another thought, nowadays the ambient temperature is low. So AC may not be sending cold air if your setting is close to ambient. Try setting the AC at "Lo" and see if chilled air is coming or not (if you have not done this test already, that is). Hope these simple solutions work and you dont have to change anything big.

And yeah, a long drive can bring back the smiles

Last edited by dot : 29th December 2011 at 16:43.
Old 29th December 2011, 23:18   #2692
BHPian

@dot
gas was topped last month and now again its little low.

Am thinking to keep this issue as it is for a while as the ambient temp is anyways low these days so can deffer this cost for a while and plus after this rack work am in no mood to rip open the car again.
Old 29th December 2011, 23:28   #2693
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
@dot
gas was topped last month and now again its little low.

Am thinking to keep this issue as it is for a while as the ambient temp is anyways low these days so can deffer this cost for a while and plus after this rack work am in no mood to rip open the car again.
If its the second time, then its most probably the Cooling coil. Its the same problem with my cousin's civic. We got the gas filled in september but no leaks were found at that time in any pipes or condenser. The only suspect left was cooling coil. Earlier this month, the gas went off again and it has pretty much confirmed that its the cooling coil.

PLEASE DO NOT, I REPEAT DO NOT SWTCH ON THE AC IF THERE IS NO GAS IN THE SYSTEM, YOU MAY END UP WITH A KAPUT COMPRESSOR. Either refill the gas or get the coil changed..

Quote:
Got a quote of 17k total which includes Cooling Coil full ac service with gas recharging.
Is that the quote from ASC, we have been quoted 19k for coil and 4k for labour and gas.

Quote:
If someone knows or can get me good quote for the cooling coil works then I will be highly obliged.
I am able to source one (import from thailand) in Delhi for 6k plus 3k for gas and labour.

Quote:
Can the cooling coil be repaired if the leak is small ?
No.
gaurav_chopra04 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th December 2011, 23:36   #2694
BHPian

@gaurav

The ac will never get switched on if the ECM senses Low gas, and plus leak is extermly small or u can say its still developing.

the quote is from the same independent garage from where i got my rack repaired.

Can you tell me the make of the cooling coil ?
cause i might be coming to delhi for autoexpo so if in 6k i can get the coil i might be interested and if i dont come i will try to source it here.
Old 30th December 2011, 00:05   #2695
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Can you tell me the make of the cooling coil ?
Dont know the make, inquired it over phone from AC shop.. OE should be denso in all probability..dont know about this aftermarket one..

Quote:
cause i might be coming to delhi for autoexpo so if in 6k i can get the coil i might be interested and if i dont come i will try to source it here.
Sure, gimmi a shout when you come over, I will give you the AC guy's number as well as number of other parts dealers in delhi.. Try famous places in Mumbai. You should get one for 7-9k at max..I dont know but may be at opera house..no harm in trying, coz you always have an option to replace when you buy it from Mumbai..

In btw: get the system checked at AC shop and confirm if its cooling coil..

Last edited by gaurav_chopra04 : 30th December 2011 at 00:07.
Old 30th December 2011, 09:16   #2696
BANNED

Seems that writing to customer care can help. My Civic had a bust AC Condenser. The dealer was trying to get a replacement for a week (could not even locate one). I wrote to customer care and got an automated reply (a day later) that they are closed till the 1st Jan. The following afternoon I get an e-mail from the dealer that they have got the condenser.

Serendipity or worry. I do not know.
Old 30th December 2011, 10:22   #2697
BHPian

Quote:
@all

P.S- Can the cooling coil be repaired if the leak is small ?
Jatin please get a quote of cooling coil change from correa car cool. Just google for number.

They are quite good and reasonable compared to A.S.S. for A/C works and give warranty too.
Old 30th December 2011, 15:53   #2698
BHPian

Reworked the quote with OEM Denso Cooling coil which is for 9k
now the total quote with the evaporator valve (if required) comes to 13.5k
The above Quote is not from Honda But from a private garage from where i got my rack repaired.

@hemen
Had very bad experience with Correa and Gomes car ac with my 800 and Lancer respectively so wont think about them.

@sgtik

Sir on what grounds to write to customer care? cause my car is a pre-owned, But i would surely like to get in CLEAR notice of Honda about the parts durability issues.
Could please help ?
any emails or email ids as to whom to write and all ?
Old 30th December 2011, 17:12   #2699
BHPian

Quote:
Reworked the quote with OEM Denso Cooling coil which is for 9k
now the total quote with the evaporator valve (if required) comes to 13.5k
The above Quote is not from Honda But from a private garage from where i got my rack repaired.

@hemen
Had very bad experience with Correa and Gomes car ac with my 800 and Lancer respectively so wont think about them.

@sgtik

Sir on what grounds to write to customer care? cause my car is a pre-owned, But i would surely like to get in CLEAR notice of Honda about the parts durability issues.
Could please help ?
any emails or email ids as to whom to write and all ?
I wanted to suggest correa car cool. But with your experiences with them i highly doubt you will consider . Btw, i got my car A/C for alto and sx4 serviced from them last month. Had issues with cooling in alto so correa relaced the condenser coil for 4.5k. Get a quote from Kamal car A/C. But their services are a bit on the higher side.

Last edited by M124 : 30th December 2011 at 17:15.
Old 30th December 2011, 21:47   #2700
BANNED

Got the car back today.Total cost under 20k incl painting two panels. http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...-silver-8.html

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks