Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th November 2012, 11:12   #3976
BANNED

re: Honda Civic : Maintenance, Service Costs and Must dos

@mayankjha1806; I agree. Why not look around. I hear that Tata AIG is offering NCB protection for glass claims, and also have an option for protected no claims, i.e. a marginally higher premium, but you are allowed x claims in 5 years without affecting your NCB.
sgiitk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th November 2012, 15:41   #3977
Senior - BHPian

How much is the cost of a Civic Windshield at HASS and at Windshield Experts?

I see some small streaks left by the wiper in the glass, not deep enough to be felt by the hand, but enough to scatter light.
Old 30th November 2012, 15:58   #3978
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by laluks

I see some small streaks left by the wiper in the glass, not deep enough to be felt by the hand, but enough to scatter light.
15k INR is what the SA told me during the 30k service recently, when I asked him if it was really necessary to change the wiper blades.

Regards,
spadix
spadix is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th November 2012, 23:51   #3979
BHPian

I guess the windscreen can be polished to take care of the minor wiper marks. Please check with windshield experts once and they should be able to guide you. I have a windshield expert near my place and will check with them and let you know, but will be able to do it only by Sunday.

Quote:
Originally Posted by laluks View Post

Vivek5870 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st December 2012, 11:12   #3980
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by laluks View Post

Ring Road Honda Gurgaon has a service for polishing windshields to remove scratches & blemishes and also for re-conditioning dull headlights/glass.

Am not aware of the price though, but will be a fraction of a new windshield

Rgds
VineetG is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st December 2012, 12:01   #3981
Senior - BHPian

Replaced the air filter on my Civic with a Sakura make (recommended by bhpian JatinPatel) for 495 bucks.Below are some pics of the box.

Honda Civic : Maintenance, Service Costs and Must dos-photo0571.jpg

Honda Civic : Maintenance, Service Costs and Must dos-photo0572.jpg

Pics of my old air filter.Don't be fooled by the air filter's clean top side , remove and see the bottom.

Honda Civic : Maintenance, Service Costs and Must dos-clean1photo0574.jpg

The filter had become dark and dirty.

Honda Civic : Maintenance, Service Costs and Must dos-photo0573.jpg

Honda Civic : Maintenance, Service Costs and Must dos-photo0575.jpg

The OE filter costs 900 bucks something.So this is a saving of 405.One more reason not to get everything done from HASS.
Old 1st December 2012, 12:05   #3982
Senior - BHPian

Oh crap, that's really bad. I clean mine every week. CNG performance goes for a toss if the air circulation is poor.
I have the same filter, BTW. Sakura is OE for Honda in a lot of countries. Esp. in the far east.
Old 1st December 2012, 12:27   #3983
BANNED

WE windshield glass is 11 or 12k incl installation. Same glass.
sgiitk is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st December 2012, 20:41   #3984
BHPian

Thanks Vineet for confirming this. Can you check the price in case you happen to speak to them or visit them. Will be handy information for lot of Honda owners.

@Laluks I knew that Windshield used to do this, however when I checked with them today, they said that they don't offer this service anymore. Guess it impacted their windscreen sales

Quote:
Originally Posted by VineetG View Post
Ring Road Honda Gurgaon has a service for polishing windshields to remove scratches & blemishes and also for re-conditioning dull headlights/glass.

Am not aware of the price though, but will be a fraction of a new windshield

Rgds
Vivek5870 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd December 2012, 15:55   #3985
BHPian

This information may be useful for fellow BHPians.

I had a small patch of elfy on the dash of my civic and was in a fix on how to remove it. Had tried kerosene, diesel, WD 40, Stain removers, scraping, peeling it with my nails but failed to remove it.

Today, I tried using acetone (Nail Polish Remover) but again it did not work out. Then I used Spirit (used for polishing wood), again no luck. Finally I decided to do a combo of both nail polish remover and spirit and voila. I could manage to get some elfy off the dash (from the rubber portion of dash).

Continued this procedure for more than 30 minutes with loads and loads of patience, to avoid damaging the rubber. I used painter's patti also for scraping the efly from the dash while keeping the area lubricated with the mixture. Although I am not completely satisfied with the result, however, the dash is smooth now but still has stains of elfy in that area. You cant feel it if you rub your finger on that area.

Hope this helps anyone who is struggling to remove elfy.

Caution: Please do not apply this mixture on painted surfaces of dash or car body. You can safely use it on plastic, rubber, leather and vinyl. Don't forget to condition the surface with an appropriate conditioner after removing the elfy.
Old 3rd December 2012, 15:19   #3986
BANNED

Only Honda Assure takes care of the liaising with the Insurer in my view.
Old 4th December 2012, 01:06   #3987
BHPian

Prof, recently during my visit to HASS, I saw a board there stating the benefits of taking insurance from Honda Assure. It stated that for bumpers the depreciation is 50% if the insurance is taken from outside however if taken from Honda Assure, the depreciation is I guess 20% IIRC. Similarly there was lesser depreciation for glass and other items. If this is the kind of depreciation difference between Honda Assure and outside Insurance, do you think that opting for Honda Assure works to our advantage. Next time when I go to HASS, I will get full details of the depreciation table for insurance taken from Honda Assure.

On the example quoted above, do you foresee HA insurance to be better than outside insurance? Please share your views.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgiitk View Post
Only Honda Assure takes care of the liaising with the Insurer in my view.
Old 4th December 2012, 09:18   #3988
BANNED

Vivek; The depreciation rates are dependent on the insurer. Their is an advt and no more.

I guess the figures they have stated are a collage of the worst deals from different ones. They do not state that some insurer includes the road tax in the insured value, covers glass breakage without impacting the NCB and also has a protected option for NCB allowing a certain number of claims in 3 or 5 years, while they do NOT.
sgiitk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th December 2012, 10:08   #3989
Senior - BHPian

Got couple of queries with the insurance renewal regarding 2010 model.
Last year, the vehicle was having an IDV value of 1119760.
This year, they had given the quote for 979790. Is this a valid IDV, or should I ask for modifying the same?

Another doubt is regarding the third party liability. This is supposed to come down as the vehicle ages, or is it the other way round?
Old 4th December 2012, 10:33   #3990
BHPian

Thanks Prof, my next question would be if I go for an outside insurance and not Honda Assure, will I have to run from pillar to post to get a claim? Currently I have the insurance on my Honda City from Honda Assure, so everything is taken care of by them. For my Civic I am due for insuring it next month, so want to complete the due diligence before I insure my car. Will Honda take care of the claims on their own if I get an insurance done from outside or will I have to arrange for the surveyor and haggle with him for the claim amount and stuff like that. This has been the only doubt which has always prompted me to get my car insured from Honda, but not this time. I would want to explore the options outside which seem to be much more lucrative and better compared to Honda.

Your views are appreciated.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgiitk View Post
Vivek; The depreciation rates are dependent on the insurer. Their is an advt and no more.

I guess the figures they have stated are a collage of the worst deals from different ones. They do not state that some insurer includes the road tax in the insured value, covers glass breakage without impacting the NCB and also has a protected option for NCB allowing a certain number of claims in 3 or 5 years, while they do NOT.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks