Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th April 2013, 09:36   #4291
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolkurt
Could anyone tell me a good and reasonable tyre shop in south delhi? I want to get tyres fitted and alignment done. I usually stick to the service center but Southend motors mathura road only stock Goodyears
Try Singh Tyre Shoppe in Chitranjan Park area. It's on the road going left (approx. 1 km onto your right) from C. Park hoarding on ring road while coming from Nehru Place flyover towards Airport. I have been a regular customer and the shop keeper is a good chap.

OR go straight to BK Tyres in lajpat nagar. Look up in NCR directory and you will find the details.
Ace F355 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th April 2013, 10:57   #4292
Senior - BHPian

re: Honda Civic : Maintenance, Service Costs and Must dos

Guys, there is something strange in my Civic's AC.

In February this year, when I was going for a dinner from Gurgaon to Delhi and mid-way I switched on the AC (Defogger actually), it worked fine. After 10-15 minutes again, I did it but this time, the AC compressor didn't turn on, just the blower turned on, so no cool air on windshield hence more foggy windshield. It became impossible to see outside and I had to stop the car. After opening the windows and waiting for a few minutes, it became clear and I could drive. I thought AC fuse might have blown.

But when I started the car after dinner, everything started normal and AC was working as if there was never a problem.

It was working fine since then but yesterday, I went to Delhi (45 kms) with AC working flawlessly. While coming back in evening I started the car, turned on the AC and drove the car for 3-4 kms. No problems. Then I stopped for 10-15 minutes for some work. When I again started the car. AC didn't turn ON just the fan was working. I tried switching off/on AC and the switching off.on engine Nothing worked. I could hear a fan Switched on in the engine bay when I switched on AC.

After driving 2 kms, I even reset the ECU even then problem not solved. Then I switched off the fan also and rolled down the windows and started driving the car. I had decided to stop at Honda A.S.S. in Gurgaon to get it checked. But after driving for 8-9 kms, I switched on the AC and it started working. And when it works, there is no problem whatsoever.

Now, I don't want to take the car to workshop with working AC (what will they diagnose?).

I know its not heating problem, it happened in February also when the weather was cool. And yesterday also, I had driven the car just 3-4 kms and parked it the problem occurred and if it was a heating issue, it should have not started again.

The car is August'2006 model and has run 73k kms. The AC has never been serviced. It was never required and never suggested by Honda A.S.S. All the regular services (every 5k till 60k kms and every 10k kms after that) have been carried out at Honda A.S.S.

Any suggestions guys ?
Old 10th April 2013, 11:02   #4293
BANNED

@mukeshgoel; My view will be that the gas content is marginal. So sometimes it is Ok for the ECU and sometimes it is not.
sgiitk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th April 2013, 12:49   #4294
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mukeshgoel View Post
Guys, there is something strange in my Civic's AC.
I have had a similar experience two times in the past, when the compressor failed to restart. But when it works it is chilling!

I am worried that the AC may fail at some crucial time (with my family on a long highway drive above 40 deg C), but have decided to take the risk (and wait for it to completely fail before I service it).
Old 10th April 2013, 12:58   #4295
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manim View Post

I have had a similar experience two times in the past, when the compressor failed to restart. But when it works it is chilling!

I am worried that the AC may fail at some crucial time (with my family on a long highway drive above 40 deg C), but have decided to take the risk (and wait for it to completely fail before I service it).
Sir, I'd suggest you get it serviced as a precautionary measure. I remember few yrs back when I was.working abroad, our wagon-r was being used daily by parents here. They hadn't done any AC servicing. When I returned I noticed similar intermittent behavior but ignored. One fine day the ac just packed up and upon investigation we found the compressor had burned out due to lack of oiling (this is what MASS told me). It cost a hefty bomb to replace. The car was 6 yrs old at the time.
gomzi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th April 2013, 13:02   #4296
Senior - BHPian

The intermittent AC working is due to failure of AC relay. It is located in the fusebox and costs about 1,200 to replace. When cold, it works fine and then when asked to do its job, it overheats after some time and fails.
sandeep108 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th April 2013, 16:37   #4297
BHPian

Hi

Have been having a problem with the wipers for a couple of years. The wiper is bumpy and noisy. Changed the wiper blades did not help.

The Service Centre told me that the wiper link needs to be changed (as it is damaged), cost is Rs 6K. With monsoon/June I do not want any problems on the windscreen.

Requesting for inputs.
Old 11th April 2013, 16:53   #4298
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by krishtk View Post
Hi

Have been having a problem with the wipers for a couple of years. The wiper is bumpy and noisy. Changed the wiper blades did not help.

The Service Centre told me that the wiper link needs to be changed (as it is damaged), cost is Rs 6K. With monsoon/June I do not want any problems on the windscreen.

Requesting for inputs.
Why not try a local garage and see.Use the team bhp directory section to find out a good independent service center.Hass will always try and replace everything even if the problem is with a small part.
Old 11th April 2013, 17:31   #4299
Senior - BHPian

Changed the tyres to Bridgestone Touranza. Tyres are highly recommended. I was hoping to get Michelins but they were a bit too pricey.

Now..time to revamp the interiors. My 2007 civic has cream coloured fabric..oem stuff..which is now looking dated. My civic had taken a swim last year so I had got the seats dry cleaned etc but it still llooks dull.

So if I'm looking for fabric for the seats, or maybe leather is an option? I prefer fabric though. Any particular place in delhi where I can visit for the interior revamp? The Honda folk might just have oem seat covers right?

Any idea what would be the cost for such a revamp..fabric or leatherite?
Old 12th April 2013, 21:56   #4300
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumeethaldankar View Post
Hass will always try and replace everything even if the problem is with a small part.
I quiet don't agree, maybe it's my personal experience. With My AT gearbox signaling issues, MANGUM HASS took the pain to thoroughly check and identified a faulty sensor. If they had to replace an entire gearbox year, I would have incurred lakhs, but their diligent approach ended up in replacing a part worth few thousands. Therefore let's not generalize.
Old 12th April 2013, 22:14   #4301
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harishpr View Post
I quiet don't agree, maybe it's my personal experience. With My AT gearbox signaling issues, MANGUM HASS took the pain to thoroughly check and identified a faulty sensor. If they had to replace an entire gearbox year, I would have incurred lakhs, but their diligent approach ended up in replacing a part worth few thousands. Therefore let's not generalize.
Of-course i do not mean that if there is something wrong with major components like the engine/transmission HASS would go out and try to replace same as these are integral parts of the car and they will have to repair something like a transmission as it's not economically feasible to replace a expensive item like the transmission.But for other stuff, i beg to differ, they have a replace and not a repair motto.This is something which was told to me by the SA himself.You are lucky that you have a good HASS who helped you out instead of conning you out of your hard earned money."Others" haven't been so lucky in the past.
Old 13th April 2013, 09:29   #4302
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolkurt View Post
Changed the tyres to Bridgestone Touranza. Tyres are highly recommended. I was hoping to get Michelins but they were a bit too pricey.

Now..time to revamp the interiors. My 2007 civic has cream coloured fabric..oem stuff..which is now looking dated. My civic had taken a swim last year so I had got the seats dry cleaned etc but it still llooks dull.

So if I'm looking for fabric for the seats, or maybe leather is an option? I prefer fabric though. Any particular place in delhi where I can visit for the interior revamp? The Honda folk might just have oem seat covers right?

Any idea what would be the cost for such a revamp..fabric or leatherite?
Any suggestions....?
Old 15th April 2013, 16:36   #4303
BHPian

My Civic AT underwent 60K servicing recently.This included AT Oil change and additionally I made them flush the AT box as well.After servicing, I have been encountering an issue at Low accelerator input scenario.There is a Power loss as if the vehicle is going to stall and there is slight vibration like it happens in manual cars when a lower than required accelerator input is given in a particular gear.I have left the car at Whitefield honda for checking the issue.This problem was not there before 60 K servicing.What could this be due to? Could this be a tuning issue?
Old 15th April 2013, 20:45   #4304
BHPian

@ramanak

tell them to Clean the throttle body if not done and also recalibrate or make the throttle body learn Idling.

Civic has a electronic throttle valve control hence after every cleaning it has to be re-calibrated.
jatinpatel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th April 2013, 21:33   #4305
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramanak View Post
My Civic AT underwent 60K servicing recently.This included AT Oil change and additionally I made them flush the AT box as well.After servicing, I have been encountering an issue at Low accelerator input scenario.There is a Power loss as if the vehicle is going to stall and there is slight vibration like it happens in manual cars when a lower than required accelerator input is given in a particular gear.I have left the car at Whitefield honda for checking the issue.This problem was not there before 60 K servicing.What could this be due to? Could this be a tuning issue?
Similar issue I reported here for 60K servicing http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-t...ml#post3080852
The vibration is so bad that the door rattles. This is seen when I slot from Neutral to R/D/S. The RPM falls down to ~500 and that is the cause for this problem. There's no warning of any kind, so hopefully torque converter is okay. Have fixed an appointment this saturday. My engine mount and pretensioner is brand new. At 45k they suspected faulty ignitor, but SA said he was not sure at the time of 50k servicing. I can feel the vibrations (Pulsating) in the steering and so can the passengers. It goes off when I accelerate/start driving.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks