Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th February 2015, 12:36   #6286
Senior - BHPian

re: Honda Civic : Maintenance, Service Costs and Must dos

Quote:
Originally Posted by black12rr View Post

I am missing 2 off these air vent adjusters, Is there any place I can buy/order these ? HASS suggested to change entire airvent

Attachment 1342234
Source of pic : dot
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolkurt View Post
I'm looking for these too. Any idea where to source this from?
Will be very hard to source.
Santosh, try in Shivajinagar gujri, if you are lucky you may find.

Else, try getting it from here
http://www.hondapartsnow.com/parts-l...iver-side.html

Refrence # 25 , Part Number: 77620-SNA-A11ZA
http://www.hondapartsnow.com/genuine...SNA-A11ZA.html
It should be same for US & India spec (JDM R18) Civic
sushrutha is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th February 2015, 18:10   #6287
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by black12rr View Post

I am missing 2 off these air vent adjusters, Is there any place I can buy/order these ? HASS suggested to change entire airvent

Attachment 1342234

Quote:
I'm looking for these too. Any idea where to source this from?

Source of pic : dot
Just so that I am clear you both are looking for that thingy that moves the vents up and down? Only that thing?
If one of you can post a picture of your broken vent that will be helpful.

This is not easily available
You could try and salvage this from another car. Look for a maruti equivalent and strip it apart and salvage what you need.

Quote:
Originally Posted by laluks View Post
Some Information on the Front Shock Absorber

Continuing from my previous posts, let us take a look at the shock absorber components. Sorry for the quality as some I had to take with a low end mobile camera for documentation!
Do you really need a replacement of the entire strut? Just replace all the rubber parts, Bushes etc and assemble the strut back and give it a try.

Last edited by Captain Slow : 24th February 2015 at 18:12.
Old 24th February 2015, 18:53   #6288
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Slow View Post
Do you really need a replacement of the entire strut? Just replace all the rubber parts, Bushes etc and assemble the strut back and give it a try.
When did I say I changed it
Old 24th February 2015, 19:08   #6289
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
When did I say I changed it
Seeing the way everything was ripped apart, I assumed that you replaced the Strut too!

I was reading your report on the Bosh Outlet (About them replacing several parts) So I assumed that you went else were and replaced it!

If you didn't replace it, then why is it all opened up? Replacing the rubber bushes?
Thanks to you I will never go to that Bosh outlet.
Old 24th February 2015, 19:14   #6290
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Slow View Post
Seeing the way everything was ripped apart, I assumed that you replaced the Strut too!

I was reading your report on the Bosh Outlet (About them replacing several parts) So I assumed that you went else were and replaced it!

If you didn't replace it, then why is it all opened up? Replacing the rubber bushes?
Thanks to you I will never go to that Bosh outlet.
I wanted to check if the strut mounting and the bushes were ok. So took the entire strut outside and checked the mounts, bearings, strut for leakage, etc.. and placed it back. Damages Rs 500/- But peace of mind that the struts are fine

Regarding that BOSCH Service centre, never go there - A lesson learnt very badly . Now I am waiting to get some time to go to a place Nikhil suggested, probably sometime next month.
Old 24th February 2015, 21:03   #6291
Senior - BHPian

Since the civic has 2 fans one the main radiator and the other a condenser fan can either of the two supplement the other in case one of them fails. My civic came back from service and in typical Honda Hass fashion the car developed radiator fan noise hence the query. I had just replaced the condenser fan last week.
Old 24th February 2015, 21:13   #6292
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumeethaldankar View Post
Since the civic has 2 fans one the main radiator and the other a condenser fan can either of the two supplement the other in case one of them fails. My civic came back from service and in typical Honda Hass fashion the car developed radiator fan noise hence the query. I had just replaced the condenser fan last week.
Nopes, For example, if the condenser fan fails, the condenser to compressor rubber tubing will run really hot and can develop AC leak pretty fast. Did you also check this? Did you change the full fan assembly or just the motor? The Motor is made by Denso. How much did it cost?

If the radiator fan fails and the condenser fan runs, it will also not help much in dissipating the heat, while a car in motion can survive to some extent, a stop go traffic in this scenario will be detrimental.

Last edited by laluks : 24th February 2015 at 21:15.
Old 24th February 2015, 22:24   #6293
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Nopes, For example, if the condenser fan fails, the condenser to compressor rubber tubing will run really hot and can develop AC leak pretty fast. Did you also check this? Did you change the full fan assembly or just the motor? The Motor is made by Denso. How much did it cost?

If the radiator fan fails and the condenser fan runs, it will also not help much in dissipating the heat, while a car in motion can survive to some extent, a stop go traffic in this scenario will be detrimental.
The denso condenser motor cost me 3300 including labor. My radiator fan is working but there is a rattling sound when it shuts down.So should i replace motor or fan or just get it checked out.
Old 25th February 2015, 07:43   #6294
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The denso condenser motor cost me 3300 including labor. My radiator fan is working but there is a rattling sound when it shuts down.So should i replace motor or fan or just get it checked out.
Just give it a good check, if it rattling on shut down I believe the motor is fine, but some alignment issue of the fan. I hope that is serviceable.
laluks is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th February 2015, 17:48   #6295
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
To all Bhpians who are/were facing the engine mount issue.I had a word with a service adviser yesterday who told me that Honda has changed the engine mount design (around 3-4 times) and the newest mount is holding better than the original design.I had put in a after market mount and it became weak within 2 months.

As per the service advisor the mount's original design had a flaw which they tried to rectify.He showed me around 3-4 different part nos for the same engine mount which means several different versions were made before they seemed to have eradicated the design flaw.So if you guys were to go to Honda to change the mount,do make sure you have the latest version.Tell them you have learnt there are several designs and you want only the latest one.
Quote:
Originally Posted by srsriharsha View Post
If possible can you post the part number so that it will be helpful to identify the latest version
Below is part no. As per Honda , the part has 6 months gurantee/warrantee. It is the latest which has been redesigned several times and should last longer. My after market mount went kaput in less than a month or so. Frankly only time will tell if the Honda mount lasts longer than the previous mount designs. As per the Honda advisor the internal spring mechanism which holds the mount has been redesigned for better holding up the weight. Let's see now how long it lasts.

Honda Civic : Maintenance, Service Costs and Must dos-part_no20150225_163801.jpg

Quote:
Just give it a good check, if it rattling on shut down I believe the motor is fine, but some alignment issue of the fan. I hope that is serviceable.
Had to replace the motor at a garage. 2.5K original Denso with 200 bucks labor.
sumeethaldankar is online now   (5) Thanks
Old 25th February 2015, 19:02   #6296
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Below is part no. As per Honda , the part has 6 months gurantee/warrantee. It is the latest which has been redesigned several times and should last longer. My after market mount went kaput in less than a month or so. Frankly only time will tell if the Honda mount lasts longer than the previous mount designs. As per the Honda advisor the internal spring mechanism which holds the mount has been redesigned for better holding up the weight. Let's see now how long it lasts.
I am wondering where the spring is in the mount, I should cut the rubber part open and experiment As for now as seen the Mount got cut and had to replace it. I am taking an experiment with NOK mount rather than OEM SNA for a change, and life expectancy calculations

Broken OEM SNA mount featured!!
Honda Civic : Maintenance, Service Costs and Must dos-dsc_8792.jpg

Honda Civic : Maintenance, Service Costs and Must dos-dsc_8793.jpg

Honda Civic : Maintenance, Service Costs and Must dos-dsc_8795.jpg

Honda Civic : Maintenance, Service Costs and Must dos-dsc_8794.jpg

Honda Civic : Maintenance, Service Costs and Must dos-dsc_8790.jpg
laluks is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th February 2015, 16:06   #6297
Senior - BHPian

I've got an aftermarket mount (Rs 1900) in October last year. Still holding good. The original honda mount held for 7.5 years and 90k kms. So I'm assuming quality control is one aspect that could explain the mounts lasting longer for some people.
Old 26th February 2015, 19:28   #6298
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I've got an aftermarket mount (Rs 1900) in October last year. Still holding good. The original honda mount held for 7.5 years and 90k kms. So I'm assuming quality control is one aspect that could explain the mounts lasting longer for some people.
It depends on terrains driven, how much hard accelerations/fun you've had, and many more such factors of intense pressure on the car

For me I blame it on my love for fun, and terrains where Civic was never built to go. If I get some time I will share a video where I took my civic in my recent MH drive. We were driving on boulders - a calculated risk and fun episode.
Old 28th February 2015, 18:35   #6299
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
As per the Honda advisor the internal spring mechanism which holds the mount has been redesigned for better holding up the weight.
Quote:
I am wondering where the spring is in the mount, I should cut the rubber part open and experiment
My doubt was true, there is no spring at all in this mount . After some hard physical labor I decoded what constitutes this mount!!

The rubber top of the mount cut off
Honda Civic : Maintenance, Service Costs and Must dos-dsc_8896.jpg

You can see the rubber is mot just at the top as a cover, but molded in to the entire cylinder
Honda Civic : Maintenance, Service Costs and Must dos-dsc_8898.jpg

The rubber completely removed, was pretty difficult as it was strongly stuck to the walls of the cylinder
Honda Civic : Maintenance, Service Costs and Must dos-dsc_8899.jpg

Now you can see traces of oil, yes, this is a hydraulic mount
Honda Civic : Maintenance, Service Costs and Must dos-dsc_8900.jpg

Bottom of the top rubber part cut off. Just serves as a cap to contain the oil. Engine is mounted on top of this rubber part!
Honda Civic : Maintenance, Service Costs and Must dos-dsc_8902.jpg

Cleaned of all the rubber parts.
Honda Civic : Maintenance, Service Costs and Must dos-dsc_8904.jpg
1. A kind of locking mechanism holding all the internals in place
2. A Plate, again for locking
3. Oil, and a rubber seal

It was very difficult to remove 1, hence went for a cut section.
Honda Civic : Maintenance, Service Costs and Must dos-dsc_8908.jpg

Cut section of the mount

Honda Civic : Maintenance, Service Costs and Must dos-dsc_8910.jpg

A. Mount outer cover, its quite thick
B The locking mechanism (1) runs deep till the end of the mount, no wonder why it was difficult to remove
C. The rubber from the top of the mount runs deep alongside the locking mechanism (1) all the way till the end of the mount
D. A piece of alloy with a rubber seal, this part is submerged in oil

continued...
laluks is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 28th February 2015, 18:50   #6300
Senior - BHPian

The alloy piece removed
Honda Civic : Maintenance, Service Costs and Must dos-dsc_8911.jpg

Top of the alloy piece
Honda Civic : Maintenance, Service Costs and Must dos-dsc_8912.jpg

Bottom of the alloy piece, you can see the rubber seal
Honda Civic : Maintenance, Service Costs and Must dos-dsc_8913.jpg

Removing the piece reveals another one more below
Honda Civic : Maintenance, Service Costs and Must dos-dsc_8915.jpg

Since it was difficult to take out this piece unless a cross section cut is made, juts broke the middle to gain access to what lies below
Honda Civic : Maintenance, Service Costs and Must dos-dsc_8916.jpg

You can see a rubber seal below
Honda Civic : Maintenance, Service Costs and Must dos-dsc_8918.jpg

This is also submerged in Oil

Honda Civic : Maintenance, Service Costs and Must dos-dsc_8919.jpg

So the mount is basically two alloy pieces submerged in oil, locked and topped by a rubber part!!
Honda Civic : Maintenance, Service Costs and Must dos-dsc_8914.jpg

continued...
laluks is offline   (6) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks