Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th April 2015, 21:32   #6436
Senior - BHPian

re: Honda Civic : Maintenance, Service Costs and Must dos

The aftermarket mount I picked up for 2.5K along with Sushrutha is holding up good till now. Let me see how long it'll last
laluks is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th April 2015, 22:04   #6437
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by civic-dk View Post
I will be driving down to Gulbarga from Hyderabad next month for my son's COMEDK exams. What would be the right Tyre pressure for Civic for this drive with 4 people onboard, considering it will be quite hot as well?
I once had a word with my alignment guy Trevor from straight line. Seems he had been invited to a seminar on Tyre safety by a leading manafacturer ( I think Michelin but i am really don't recall the name). As per Trevor, what they were told, on a high speed road for eg the Mumbai-Pune expressway if the tyre pressure maintained is low or under inflated, what it does it makes the tyre supple or prone to flexing. This flexing is what can cause the tyre to burst. So as per him if i am going on long drives i should keep a higher psi than recommended to reduce the flexing of the tyre sidewall.

I have 205 65 R 15 on on my car and maintain 32 psi for my daily 60 kms run which i do mostly on the highway.
sumeethaldankar is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th April 2015, 03:08   #6438
BHPian

Hi Guys,.I have noticed this new issue with my car. I clock only 220-250 KMS with full tank these days. Driving condition remains pretty same i.e.bumper to bumper mumbai traffic. If I do a Mumbai-Pune, I used to get 550 KMS atleast for full tank but now I only got 360 KMS. Why is there a sudden dip in mileage ?
Old 6th April 2015, 06:33   #6439
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by spoth001 View Post
Hi Guys,.I have noticed this new issue with my car. I clock only 220-250 KMS with full tank these days. Driving condition remains pretty same i.e.bumper to bumper mumbai traffic. If I do a Mumbai-Pune, I used to get 550 KMS atleast for full tank but now I only got 360 KMS. Why is there a sudden dip in mileage ?
How good is your clutch?
Hows your air filter?
Old 6th April 2015, 13:08   #6440
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by laluks View Post
How good is your clutch?
Hows your air filter?
Sir I drive an AT, is there a way to identify clutch performance?
Air filter was replaced a year ago.
Old 6th April 2015, 14:12   #6441
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Sir I drive an AT, is there a way to identify clutch performance?
Air filter was replaced a year ago.
Any jerks while driving the car. Check and see if the air filter needs replacement. Have you changed from your regular fuel station to a new one ? Also has your ac usage increased due to the summer heat. Tyre pressure is also important. Throttle body could need cleaning. Actually there are plenty of reasons for poor fuel efficiency , maybe a good service / tune up could help.
Old 6th April 2015, 15:26   #6442
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumeethaldankar View Post
Any jerks while driving the car. Check and see if the air filter needs replacement. Have you changed from your regular fuel station to a new one ? Also has your ac usage increased due to the summer heat. Tyre pressure is also important. Throttle body could need cleaning. Actually there are plenty of reasons for poor fuel efficiency , maybe a good service / tune up could help.
Car runs like makkhan. Fuel stations remain same. AC usage same. No idea about tyre pressure tho. It gave low efficiency after I gt back my car from repairs(HASS Reay Road, had given it there because of an accident). All this started from there ! So I blame them. Anyways I have to ask them to tune it.

Just curious, did you ever face such an issue with your civic ?
Old 6th April 2015, 23:11   #6443
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Car runs like makkhan. Fuel stations remain same. AC usage same. No idea about tyre pressure tho. It gave low efficiency after I gt back my car from repairs(HASS Reay Road, had given it there because of an accident). All this started from there ! So I blame them. Anyways I have to ask them to tune it.

Just curious, did you ever face such an issue with your civic ?
No i did not really have such a issue on my Civic but did face such issues on my 800. It used to give 7-8 kmpl once. I just changed my garage and got better spark plugs etc and it started to give 15 kmpl.

Also check the idle rpm and observe if on a warmed up engine if it's at 1k + rpm . If it's at a higher idle rpm then a HDS (Honda Diagnostic Scan) might be needed to be done to get the idle rpm corrected to the appropriate 700-800 rpm.

Best as i said, go to a reliable workshop and get the car tuned.
sumeethaldankar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th April 2015, 07:40   #6444
BHPian

Quote:
No i did not really have such a issue on my Civic but did face such issues on my 800. It used to give 7-8 kmpl once. I just changed my garage and got better spark plugs etc and it started to give 15 kmpl.

Also check the idle rpm and observe if on a warmed up engine if it's at 1k + rpm . If it's at a higher idle rpm then a HDS (Honda Diagnostic Scan) might be needed to be done to get the idle rpm corrected to the appropriate 700-800 rpm.

Best as i said, go to a reliable workshop and get the car tuned.
Can you recommend few around if you dont mind ? I am too hesitant to experiment on workshops now, especially after what I have experienced lately.
Old 7th April 2015, 08:36   #6445
BANNED

I have a suspicion that there may be a fuel leak somewhere. Please do get it checked.
Old 7th April 2015, 10:23   #6446
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
. It gave low efficiency after I gt back my car from repairs(HASS Reay Road, had given it there because of an accident). All this started from there !
Did you do a tankfull after getting the car from the garage, and immediately measured the FE

OR

This FE is on the second tankful after the garage visit, and FE is kind of consistently low.

If its the former, don't worry. All that moving around inside the garage, start stops, low running would have contributed to this one instance of low FE.

If its the latter, probably so many things could contribute to it, better check one by one, like a fuel leak, dirty fuel, dirty air filter, etc....
Old 7th April 2015, 12:32   #6447
BHPian

Need help with Tyre change for my 2011 Pre-Owned Honda Civic VMT.

Having gone through lots of messages about tyre change across multiple threads, I am inclining towards Michelin Primacy 3ST - 195/60R15.

Looking for recommendations from Civic owners or any recent experiences with Michelin Primacy 3ST - 195/60R15.

Thanks in advance.
Old 7th April 2015, 12:37   #6448
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajanvash View Post
Need help with Tyre change for my 2011 Pre-Owned Honda Civic VMT.

Having gone through lots of messages about tyre change across multiple threads, I am inclining towards Michelin Primacy 3ST - 195/60R15.

Looking for recommendations from Civic owners or any recent experiences with Michelin Primacy 3ST - 195/60R15.

Thanks in advance.
The standard tyre size would be 195/65R15 for the civic. Upgrade size being 205/65R15. Have recently changed to yoko earth1 in 195/65 and they are doing good.... VFM deal from snapdeal...
Adi22 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th April 2015, 13:28   #6449
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajanvash View Post
I changed all four tyres on my Civic to Primacy 3ST 195/65 R15 which is the standard size around two months back. Paid INR 6100.00 per tyre inclusive of alignment and balancing. The tyres are very silent and grippy.

Cheers
Cyborg is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th April 2015, 16:33   #6450
BHPian

Quote:
So as per him if i am going on long drives i should keep a higher psi than recommended to reduce the flexing of the tyre sidewall.

I have 205 65 R 15 on on my car and maintain 32 psi for my daily 60 kms run which i do mostly on the highway.
Thanks Sumeeth, in fact I also have 205 65 R 15 on on my Civic. Considering that there will be 4 people in the car, do you still think 32 psi will be alright?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks