Team-BHP > Technical Stuff

Search this Thread
Old 15th April 2015, 14:55   #6496
BHPian

re: Honda Civic : Maintenance, Service Costs and Must dos

Guys!
I need some quick advice. I have recently changed the tires of my Civic (2007- 56 k kms)

now i feel that the suspension is sagging esp. at rear, whereas it feels hard on speed breakers in the front.

Should i change all 4 shock absorbers (struts only/ not springs) . What else would i need to change? besides the rubber cups at the bottom of rear springs.

This would be done in Noida at a FNG only. any pointers to a trusted guy would be helpful.
Old 15th April 2015, 15:25   #6497
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by car_crazy1400 View Post
Guys!
I need some quick advice. I have recently changed the tires of my Civic (2007- 56 k kms)

now i feel that the suspension is sagging esp. at rear, whereas it feels hard on speed breakers in the front.

Should i change all 4 shock absorbers (struts only/ not springs) . What else would i need to change? besides the rubber cups at the bottom of rear springs.

This would be done in Noida at a FNG only. any pointers to a trusted guy would be helpful.

56K is not a high amount of mileage to warrant a suspension overhaul. What is the tyre pressure and what is the tyre size you are running ?

Last edited by sumeethaldankar : 15th April 2015 at 15:26.
Old 15th April 2015, 17:39   #6498
BHPian

I have downloaded a workshop manual for the civic. It's about 70 MB in zipped form.
If anyone wants it I can upload it to some file sharing site / torrent.
Attached Thumbnails
Honda Civic : Maintenance, Service Costs and Must dos-manual-4.jpg  

Honda Civic : Maintenance, Service Costs and Must dos-manual-3.jpg  

Honda Civic : Maintenance, Service Costs and Must dos-manual-2.jpg  

Honda Civic : Maintenance, Service Costs and Must dos-manual-1.jpg  

Old 15th April 2015, 19:32   #6499
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumeethaldankar View Post
56K is not a high amount of mileage to warrant a suspension overhaul. What is the tyre pressure and what is the tyre size you are running ?

I just think that the suspension may be sagging or is getting hard owing to age and deterioration of rubber parts.

I got the tires changed as the old ones ( Bridgestone er60 205/65 r15) had become very hard and had no cushioning or bounce left it them.

New tires are Yokohama C drive (205/65 r15 only).

Maybe just replacing the rear rubber pads would do tge trick.

Thanks
Old 15th April 2015, 21:42   #6500
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by car_crazy1400 View Post
I just think that the suspension may be sagging or is getting hard owing to age and deterioration of rubber parts.

I got the tires changed as the old ones ( Bridgestone er60 205/65 r15) had become very hard and had no cushioning or bounce left it them.

New tires are Yokohama C drive (205/65 r15 only).

Maybe just replacing the rear rubber pads would do tge trick.

Thanks
Yes you could try changing the rubber bushes after getting them inspected first. Try filling the tyres at 30 psi and see if the cushioning effect gives you a better ride.
Old 15th April 2015, 22:21   #6501
BHPian

Ride quality is still acceptable but its the gradual decrease in ride height that is disconcerting.

Will get the bushes checked.
Old 16th April 2015, 09:54   #6502
BANNED

@WasavaTypres; Great job, please do post and inform the readers. Manuals in India are like Gold (or is it Diamond). Any link please?
Old 16th April 2015, 10:45   #6503
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgiitk View Post
@WasavaTypres; Great job, please do post and inform the readers. Manuals in India are like Gold (or is it Diamond). Any link please?

Check this out
We had discussed about this in this very own thread

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-t...ml#post3341115
Old 16th April 2015, 12:44   #6504
BHPian

Honda Civic : Maintenance, Service Costs and Must dos-imageuploadedbyteambhp1429168361.253864.jpg

Got hit by a school van who jumped a signal and hit me head on. My back door is totaled

AM Motors is quoting 17k for new door plus painting and other repairs.

I have asked WagenWerkz (Jatin) for a quote as well, this hopefully gets repaired soon

Last edited by salunkhe.vizz : 16th April 2015 at 12:46.
Old 16th April 2015, 12:57   #6505
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by salunkhe.vizz View Post

Got hit by a school van who jumped a signal and hit me head on. My back door is totaled

I have asked WagenWerkz (Jatin) for a quote as well, this hopefully gets repaired soon
Ouch ! That's a bad one. Hope the window glass is intact and not damaged. Did you manage to recover any compensation from the van driver? These morons are incorrigible and never learn !
Old 16th April 2015, 13:20   #6506
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

Painful sight. That is a real hard hit. Did you get catch hold of the offending driver? The quote seems reasonable to me though. Is AM Motors a HASS?
Old 16th April 2015, 13:46   #6507
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Attachment 1361332

I had a new door plus rear fender fixed for 20k from local garage. So the price seems right. I hope you claiming insurance. My car was hit on the same door by a truck who jumped lanes. I had to replace the entire RR door plus had damage to the rear fender too which needed mending.
Old 16th April 2015, 15:26   #6508
BANNED

A friend had a bad one on his City by a truck on the highway NH2, Pushp Honda managed to 'reskin' the rear door, using the old frame. Quite a bit cheaper.
Old 16th April 2015, 22:45   #6509

Hi Guys, as part of my search for used single owner civics, i had raised my first query regarding engine mounts in this forum and got instant response. Thanks a lot.

Now during my search i come across a lot of well maintained post 09 AT civics which i duly ignore as i had only MT in mind. But now i have a small confusion as to whether i should consider ATs too. For a 4+ year old Civic i just want to hear an assurance from the experienced owners of AT civics here. Our running is very less and is intended to be a family car for parents too. Is it worth buying an AT if i plan to keep it for a min of 3-4 years. Thanks for all the inputs
Old 17th April 2015, 09:09   #6510
BANNED

@deepjoz; by all means. Also, as the engine becomes bigger the penalty in fuel consumption becomes progressively less. In fact if I remember correctly, the USEPA ratings of the Civic AT were 1 MPG better than the MT, which I guess were due to the taller gearing. They were lower in town driving as expected. The only catch in the AT is that it hesitates for a moment. This can be obviated by selecting the S mode. Now I just shove it to D and let it get on with it. The best I have got is over 17kpl, and 12-14 is typical on the highway. City is normally in the 9-10kpl range.

Most Viewed