Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st June 2015, 18:09   #6661
Senior - BHPian

re: Honda Civic : Maintenance, Service Costs and Must dos

Okay guys. Urgent issue. My civic's AC blower stopped working all of a sudden. One second I was enjoying the cool air and the next the air flow just sort of stopped. I'm getting cool air, so the compressor is working. Its just that the airflow is really low. I think the resistor is fried. Any help?
Old 21st June 2015, 18:11   #6662
Senior - BHPian

Okay guys. Urgent issue.My car's blower stopped working all of a sudden. One second I was enjoying the cool air and the next the air flow just stopped. I think it could be the resistor. Any help?
Old 21st June 2015, 22:06   #6663

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumeethaldankar View Post
At Honda it will cost you around 10k while non OE after market around 5k. I had bough a non OE and it went kaput in 2 months. The Hass mount seems to be holding up bought in feb but i can see that the gap between the two edges of the mount has reduced. Hass will offer 6 months warranty. Take your pick. If you are lucky the after market could be the way to go if it holds up well.

Ok so one more issue that i am facing is a sound from the driver's side front suspension. I don't know if its a squeaking noise or a clunking noise but it is something and can be heard when there isn't much noise around and the windows are shut.
What do you think it can be?

Thanks.
Old 22nd June 2015, 08:01   #6664
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by parthkhatau View Post
Ok so one more issue that i am facing is a sound from the driver's side front suspension. I don't know if its a squeaking noise or a clunking noise but it is something and can be heard when there isn't much noise around and the windows are shut.
What do you think it can be?

Thanks.
Well it could be the mount if it's on it's way out and if it isin't buddy then you and me are in the same boat because even my car gives a clunking noise andHass is not able to figure out anything about it.
Old 22nd June 2015, 08:29   #6665
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolkurt View Post
Okay guys. Urgent issue.My car's blower stopped working all of a sudden. One second I was enjoying the cool air and the next the air flow just stopped. I think it could be the resistor. Any help?
Check the fuses first!

Jeroen
Old 22nd June 2015, 09:22   #6666
BANNED

I agree with Jeroen, only the fuse circuits are very well separated, so if it has gone then there may be trouble brewing.
sgiitk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd June 2015, 10:33   #6667
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeroen View Post
Check the fuses first!

Jeroen
The thing is that the issue is intermittent . Yest I faced the problem . Absolutely no fan speed. I switched the car off for 10 minutes. Then the blower was back to normal. After about an hour, had the same issue again. Solution remained the same. Today , it's working perfectly well. This has been the case for one week now. It's okay for a few days, then one fine day it starts acting up.
Old 22nd June 2015, 11:40   #6668
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolkurt View Post
The thing is that the issue is intermittent . Yest I faced the problem . Absolutely no fan speed. I switched the car off for 10 minutes. Then the blower was back to normal. After about an hour, had the same issue again. Solution remained the same. Today , it's working perfectly well. This has been the case for one week now. It's okay for a few days, then one fine day it starts acting up.
There is a ac relay in the bonnet fuse box try replacing same and check.
sumeethaldankar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd June 2015, 12:36   #6669

Quote:
Well it could be the mount if it's on it's way out and if it isin't buddy then you and me are in the same boat because even my car gives a clunking noise and Hass is not able to figure out anything about it.
If it is a clunking noise from the front driver side, it may be due to weak/ loose ball joints.

Please tell if the clunking that you are getting is while you are taking a hump at a speed of 10-20 or while you are taking a turn and your right wheel goes over a pothole between speeds of 20-30 kph. If the clunking noise is coming from the above issues, its a sign of weak ball joint.

The clunking happens, reason being the ball joint hits on the cover behind the brake disc and pushes the cover onto the brake disc which does the clunking noise. I had the same issue with my car since the time I bought it in 2013 and Hass guys (Highway Honda, Bhubaneswar) were not able to figure it out. I read through 8th civic and there after was able to figure out how to replicate the issue.

I changed my Hass (Central Honda, Bhubaneswar) last year and a technician at the new Hass, showed me marks on the inside of the disc cover, which was touching on the disc while taking a turn and producing the clunk noise. I had the lower arm bushes changed at Hass and installed new TRW ball joints at a FNG and the problem is sorted now.
amitsatpathy is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd June 2015, 12:47   #6670
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
There is a ac relay in the bonnet fuse box try replacing same and check.
Good suggestion, but I still suggest check the fuses, take the fuse out and check for corrossion

Jeroen
Old 22nd June 2015, 14:00   #6671
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitsatpathy View Post
If it is a clunking noise from the front driver side, it may be due to weak/ loose ball joints.

Please tell if the clunking that you are getting is while you are taking a hump at a speed of 10-20 or while you are taking a turn and your right wheel goes over a pothole between speeds of 20-30 kph. If the clunking noise is coming from the above issues, its a sign of weak ball joint.
Thank you this is very helpful and i have a similar problem where it comes when taking a turn the right side goes in a pothole. I also get the noise when i go over potholes etc at times which is very irritating but the real issue now is that i had got the ball joints replaced in November with non OE make. Still i will see if the ball joints touch the side of the discs.

edit: These are some pics i had taken after the installation. I think the joint is very close to the brake disc. I will confirm tomorrow in the morning.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-t...ml#post3595215

Seriously thanks again.

Last edited by sumeethaldankar : 22nd June 2015 at 14:12.
sumeethaldankar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd June 2015, 14:23   #6672
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hi was your issue resolved? My speedo has started to act up as well. Will be calling in the battery guy to do the connect disconnect thing.
Not really, the first time it happened i tried the battery trick and it worked.

And then last week the same issue has come up again. Got all the fuses checked but they are all ok. Looks like could be a loose connection or a blown IC on the speedo board. Lets hope for the best. Keep me posted on your car!
Old 22nd June 2015, 14:28   #6673
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KSM-Vtec View Post
Not really, the first time it happened i tried the battery trick and it worked.

And then last week the same issue has come up again. Got all the fuses checked but they are all ok. Looks like could be a loose connection or a blown IC on the speedo board. Lets hope for the best. Keep me posted on your car!
My current issue is because of the rains/moisture as it started after friday's heavy rainfall. For your issue i suggest do the connect disconnect again. It will work again and leave it. I have been advised to change the speedo which costs a whopping 15k just for the part. I am considering but not sure if i would go ahead.

Edit- My current issue.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-t...ml#post3735063

Last edited by sumeethaldankar : 22nd June 2015 at 14:30.
Old 22nd June 2015, 14:40   #6674
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
My current issue is because of the rains/moisture as it started after friday's heavy rainfall. For your issue i suggest do the connect disconnect again. It will work again and leave it. I have been advised to change the speedo which costs a whopping 15k just for the part. I am considering but not sure if i would go ahead.

Edit- My current issue.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-t...ml#post3735063

Well i tried doing it twice, let me leave it overnight this time and hope for the best.
Old 22nd June 2015, 18:17   #6675
Senior - BHPian

Guys , is it possible to disconnect the speedo and keep while the rainy season pass. Since my car runs on CNG i really have no use of the fuel guage etc. Also i drive sedately so no high speed runs too.

Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks