Team-BHP > Technical Stuff

Search this Thread
Old 25th December 2015, 23:13   #7141
BHPian

Hi Guys,

Picked a 2010 model Black color VAT. The car is quite clean from the outside and has 42000 on the odo with service history. The car has new tyres and has been serviced recently. Though as I mentioned the exterior is very clean however interiors are equally opposite. All tbe buttons have dirt accumulated on them. The leather seats are dirty and also the passenger side leather seats have some craks on it. Also the leather is not so soft as it should be. Any advice on how this can be taken care of. Also tje H logo on the steering wheel is faded and there is no chrome. Also I have got only one key with the car any idea how to get a duplicate key ? I have the manual of ybe the car however I am sure Honda will cost me a bomb for the spare key. Also I ll be installing a CNG kit next week. The dealer is suggesting a tomessto kit. Anyone tried it with Civic. Are there two kinds of reducers one with diaphragm and other with a piston in it to pump the gas inside.

nIk
Old 26th December 2015, 01:48   #7142
BHPian

Re: Honda Civic : Maintenance, Service Costs and Must dos

Quote:
Originally Posted by nik0502 View Post
Hi Guys,

Picked a 2010 model Black color VAT. The car is quite clean from the outside and has 42000 on the odo with service history. The car has new tyres and has been serviced recently. Though as I mentioned the exterior is very clean however interiors are equally opposite. All tbe buttons have dirt accumulated on them. The leather seats are dirty and also the passenger side leather seats have some craks on it. Also the leather is not so soft as it should be. Any advice on how this can be taken care of. Also tje H logo on the steering wheel is faded and there is no chrome. Also I have got only one key with the car any idea how to get a duplicate key ? I have the manual of ybe the car however I am sure Honda will cost me a bomb for the spare key. Also I ll be installing a CNG kit next week. The dealer is suggesting a tomessto kit. Anyone tried it with Civic. Are there two kinds of reducers one with diaphragm and other with a piston in it to pump the gas inside.

nIk
Congratulations Nik on the new acquisition. Looking forward to your ownership review.

Regarding the duplicate key, you should ask the last owner for the serial number of keys. Serial number of the keys, embossed on a piece of small metal is provided at the time of delivery. Along with that the number is also marked in the warranty card. The dealers use this number to make duplicate keys. With the help of that serial number you could ask Honda after sales service to order a duplicate key for you and you could collect it within 2-3 weeks by paying the cost.

I am not sure about the cost but is should be something around Rs3,000 at HASS.

You can also get it done outside at much reasonable cost if the key is not the one with central lock buttons.

Regards
Aakarsh

Last edited by Aakarsh : 26th December 2015 at 01:55. Reason: To include some additional information
Old 26th December 2015, 03:21   #7143
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aakarsh View Post
Congratulations Nik on the new acquisition. Looking forward to your ownership review.

Regarding the duplicate key, you should ask the last owner for the serial number of keys. Serial number of the keys, embossed on a piece of small metal is provided at the time of delivery. Along with that the number is also marked in the warranty card. The dealers use this number to make duplicate keys. With the help of that serial number you could ask Honda after sales service to order a duplicate key for you and you could collect it within 2-3 weeks by paying the cost.

I am not sure about the cost but is should be something around Rs3,000 at HASS.

You can also get it done outside at much reasonable cost if the key is not the one with central lock buttons.

Regards
Aakarsh
Hi Akash,

I have the key with the central locking. I was thinking of getting another key with the remote. I ll check the local market first.

nIk
Old 26th December 2015, 10:47   #7144
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hi Guys,

Picked a 2010 model Black color VAT. ..
Finally, Congrats on the car and welcome to the Civic club. You can get the interior detailed and refurbished i guess. The duplicate key can be made in around 30 mins outside for around 2-3k.
Old 26th December 2015, 10:58   #7145
BANNED

Remember only one key has remote in what you originally buy. So which of the two do you8 want. Also, the key has a rfid chip so cannot be swapped without reprogramming the ECU.
sgiitk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th December 2015, 11:57   #7146
BHPian

Quote:
Hi Akash,

I have the key with the central locking. I was thinking of getting another key with the remote. I ll check the local market first.

nIk
That would be nice if you get another key with remote. But I doubt if you could get it done outside. I am sure about the key which doesn't have buttons but not that sure about the former. As far as coding is concerned, it can be easily done in local market without any fuss.
Old 27th December 2015, 22:06   #7147
BHPian

Hi All,

Doesn't the new Civic come with bluetooth telephony and distance to empty in MID?
Old 27th December 2015, 22:34   #7148
BHPian

Quote:
Hi All,

Doesn't the new Civic come with bluetooth telephony and distance to empty in MID?
I picked up a 2013 civic LX in US. It does come with bluetooth, DTE and MID plus rear view camera. The newer ones definitely have all of these features.

Himanshu
Old 28th December 2015, 11:25   #7149
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hi Guys,
Also I have got only one key with the car any idea how to get a duplicate key ? I have the manual of ybe the car however I am sure Honda will cost me a bomb for the spare key. nIk
Congrats on your buy ! As a Civic owner I have gone through the harrowing experience with HASS in getting a duplicate key (with remote) done for my car which has been described in this very thread in the earlier pages. Search for my posts if you find the time.

To cut a long story short,

1. HASS was reluctant to take my order for a spare key (with remote) and cited that it was not the practice to provide two keys with remote. After giving them a piece of my mind they budged.
Upon order, HASS had placed an order with Honda for a key (with remote) using the code provided in the owner's manual.

2. An incorrect key was sent by Honda which did not match my car. Either the code captured in the owner's manual was wrong or Honda did not sent the correct key.

3. Finally, a blank key was ordered by HASS from Honda (which I was told is shipped from Japan) and the key was cut at an outside vendor and programmed to match my original key.

4. I have two keys (with remote) now working perfectly fine. This set me back by about 6.5K INR more than 2 years ago.
Old 30th December 2015, 13:26   #7150
BHPian

Hello everyone,

I have recently acquired a 2008 Civic AT.
I have noticed that after the car has been standing still overnight, there is some oil leakage from the front. Showed it to the neighbourhood garage (Nakita Motors, Joe, Carter Road, Mumbai) & he told me that there IS some engine oil leakage on the cylinder head(sorry, could not understand the technicalities about this) & that I will have to show the car at the Authorised Service Centre since it involves opening up a lot of parts.

I have currently dropped off the car at Linkway Honda, Goregaon where it is has been serviced regularly. Awaiting a callback from the SA about the estimate now. Fingers crossed it isn't too much!

Any idea what it could be?
Old 30th December 2015, 13:33   #7151
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by yash1229 View Post
It could be anything.

Hoping that it is a small thing like a hose etc. There is a lot of piping where the oil flows through and some of the piping is outside the engine. If I were you, I would have gone under and looked for the source of the oil drip, it should be easy to detect if you look for oil drops by scouring the entire engine area inch by inch with a torch

If it is something major, the Service Center will call you with an estimate, please tell them that though you trust them you would like to get a second opinion from another center and check with a non-authorised service station before you give them the nod
TheARUN is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th December 2015, 13:36   #7152
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheARUN View Post
It could be anything.

Hoping that it is a small thing like a hose etc. There is a lot of piping where the oil flows through and some of the piping is outside the engine. If I were you, I would have gone under and looked for the source of the oil drip, it should be easy to detect if you look for oil drops by scouring the entire engine area inch by inch with a torch

If it is something major, the Service Center will call you with an estimate, please tell them that though you trust them you would like to get a second opinion from another center and check with a non-authorised service station before you give them the nod
The neighbourhood garage already did that(going under the car & searching for the source) but, couldn't ascertain the cause. He also poured in 1L of engine oil since a lot of the oil had leaked.
Hence, I had to give it to the Authorised Service Centre. Seriously hoping it is nothing major..
Old 30th December 2015, 13:45   #7153
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hello everyone,

I have noticed that after the car has been standing still overnight, there is some oil leakage from the front. Showed it to the neighbourhood garage (Nakita Motors, Joe, Carter Road, Mumbai) & he told me that there IS some engine oil leakage on the cylinder head(sorry, could not understand the technicalities about this) & that I will have to show the car at the Authorised Service Centre since it involves opening up a lot of parts.

I have currently dropped off the car at Linkway Honda, Goregaon where it is has been serviced regularly. Awaiting a callback from the SA about the estimate now. Fingers crossed it isn't too much!

Hi yash1229,

Sorry to hear about the oil leak. I hope it won't be anything major.

Suggest you to tell the ASS to show you the exact location of oil leak before starting any work. If you could post the picture here and specify the location of the leak (ask the service adviser), it will help fellow members to check.
Old 30th December 2015, 14:15   #7154
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hello everyone,

I too had a engine oil leak and it turned out to a rubber seal which had gone kaput. The seal costed some 200-300 Rs. Let's hope the same is the case in your situation however in my case the leak was happening at the backside of the engine. If HASS comes up with a large estimation do not panic and go for a repair immediately but get a second opinion.

OT: Avoid Nakita motors for any Honda work.

Last edited by sumeethaldankar : 30th December 2015 at 14:17.
Old 30th December 2015, 21:14   #7155
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumeethaldankar View Post
I too had a engine oil leak and it turned out to a rubber seal which had gone kaput. The seal costed some 200-300 Rs. Let's hope the same is the case in your situation however in my case the leak was happening at the backside of the engine. If H*** comes up with a large estimation do not panic and go for a repair immediately but get a second opinion.

OT: Avoid Nakita motors for any Honda work.
Any other reliable FNG for Honda cars around Bandra-Khar-S'cruz?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rahul Bhalgat View Post
Hi yash1229,

Sorry to hear about the oil leak. I hope it won't be anything major.

Suggest you to tell the *** to show you the exact location of oil leak before starting any work. If you could post the picture here and specify the location of the leak (ask the service adviser), it will help fellow members to check.
The SA called back & said there was an oil leak in the spool valve & it'll need to be replaced. The SA is usually reliable so, going out on a limb & trusting him.
Approximate estimate is Rs. 3000 with labour, according to Linkway Honda, Goregaon. Unluckily for me, the part is not readily available & the car will mostly be delivered on 2nd January, 2016!
yash1229 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed