Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd April 2016, 09:01   #7366
BHPian

Re: Honda Civic : Maintenance, Service Costs and Must dos

Quote:
Originally Posted by aa_asif View Post
I am taking my Civic for the periodic service (basically oil change) to a near workshop. Can anyone help me with the replacement interval of fuel filter and airfilter? Last time I changed them were 10,000 Kms back.

Also just want to confirm that the engine oil capacity is 3.75 Litres?

Thanks!
Hello Asif,

Please change your Oil Filter only if you are changing your Engine Oil.

For air filter, cleaning with compressed air should suffice. Unless you have used your Civic in very dusty conditions.

Last edited by skdking : 2nd April 2016 at 09:16.
skdking is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd April 2016, 10:43   #7367
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by skdking View Post

Please change your Oil Filter only if you are changing your Engine Oil.

Changing oil filter goes without saying . I wanted to confirm the quantity whether it's 3.75 Litres?
Old 2nd April 2016, 14:41   #7368
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aa_asif View Post
Changing oil filter goes without saying . I wanted to confirm the quantity whether it's 3.75 Litres?
I think it should be around 4 litres.
Old 2nd April 2016, 20:37   #7369
Senior - BHPian

How many cat cons does the Civic has ? I am flirting with the idea of a cat back system free flow from automech but i do not want the catcon deleted.
Old 3rd April 2016, 09:38   #7370
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumeethaldankar View Post
How many cat cons does the Civic has ? I am flirting with the idea of a cat back system free flow from automech but i do not want the catcon deleted.
There's one right outside the integrated header which can be seen from the hood itself. I am not sure about a second one midway underneath. I have read in many forums that Cat-Delete + Cold Air Intake can negate the initial torque problem to a certain level. I've been contemplating on this for quite a long time.
aa_asif is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd April 2016, 10:53   #7371
Team-BHP Support

There is a very interesting article in the latest issue of Autocar India (April 2016) on page 150.

Apparently, a pre-owned Honda Civic is now the cheapest way to get to 200 kph.
Old 3rd April 2016, 20:49   #7372
BANNED

AC clutch

My Civic (8 yrs old, 60k done) is having an issue with AC. Sometime, ac compressor stop working, and it come back after sometime.

HASS checked and said "AC field coil, clutch set" to be replaced. It seems its electric magnet is loosing its power when temp in engine bay raises..

Has anyone faced this ?
Old 3rd April 2016, 23:12   #7373
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swageo View Post
My Civic (8 yrs old, 60k done) is having an issue with AC. Sometime, ac compressor stop working, and it come back after sometime.

HASS checked and said "AC field coil, clutch set" to be replaced. It seems its electric magnet is loosing its power when temp in engine bay raises..

Has anyone faced this ?
It is a possibility, technically, but on a Honda? Not sure. But being an electronic component, you cannot really rule anything out. This symptom can point to compressor relay malfunction too. It also acts the same way when it heats up.

Take a guarantee from the ASS that their diagnosis is the final solution to the issue and not anything else. Otherwise these people tend to point out to another component if the issue doesn't get solved later and the story continues until your pocket gets a lot lighter in the process.
Old 4th April 2016, 09:03   #7374
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by smartcat View Post
There is a very interesting article in the latest issue of Autocar India (April 2016) on page 150.

Any link/ screenshot of that article?
Old 4th April 2016, 09:08   #7375
Senior - BHPian

Re: AC clutch

Quote:
Originally Posted by swageo View Post

Has anyone faced this ?
For starters, check the relay. It's usually the first place to check.
Old 4th April 2016, 10:57   #7376
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1lokesh View Post
Thanks pixantz. I am going to get this checked this weekend. HASS guys have highlighted "AC fan jammed" for a couple of times but I have never experienced car heating up abnormally - which should be the first cause of fan failure. So this cooling coil seems to be the issue.

Not yet Sumeet. I will have that too looked into this weekend. Planning to go to Unicool.
Ok, so took the car to Unicool yesterday. Diagnosis - Condenser fan motor was indeed jammed - as highlighted by ASS guys earlier. Got it changed with Denso, one that is used for zen, CRV etc. Perfect fit. Damage: INR3.2k.
Anis and his staff insisted on full AC service also, since they observed a lot of things are choked up inside like blower etc. Agreed to that as well. Additional dent of INR 2.8k including refrigerant top up (as told by them). In total spent INR 6k to get the AC back to normal.
Payoff observed today when that irritating AC kick in vibration went almost unnoticed throughout my drive from home to office. Cooling also seems to be better and more powerful.
Old 4th April 2016, 12:30   #7377

Dear All,

A learner uncle kissed the right side of my immaculately maintanined 1.8S Alabaster Silver 2007, Honda Civic and left his cars imprints on my car front and rear door and also damaged the modings in the process with minor paint peel and good dent (repairable) ones though.

I have few queries on getting the job done, and need your help.
1. Door moldings are quite costly from HASS, 5k approx for each, can I get OE or original sourced from somwhere? part no. is 75302-SNB-T01ZH (R, FR), 75303-SNA-A01ZF (R, RR).

2. Also the dent on the door skin, though not that bad, I am pretty sure there will be some wave patterns post the re-painting. Could I by any chance ensure that there are no waves on the doors post the dent and paint?

3. As an alternative are door skins for the door's outer panel available anywhere in India which I can source, otherwise can I source doors as such for the car from outside HASS? Each door (complete panel) at HASS would be approx 40k, so don't think its a viable expense due to the cost involved.

Please advise.

Thank you,
Old 4th April 2016, 15:04   #7378
BHPian

Bhpian's

I have another query:

I had drained out excessive oil filled (about 0.5 lit) yesterday. The drained out oil was black in colour. I thought only diesel engines have the oil blackened. Is it normal?

P.S. I had filled in Honda Synthetic oil.
Old 4th April 2016, 21:43   #7379
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by smartcat View Post

It has been my way ever since I owned it, but after burning Yokos in 10K Kms, I stopped having such fun...too expensive on the pocket, and way too silly now
Old 5th April 2016, 14:17   #7380
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitsatpathy View Post
There seems to be air in the brake pipeline leading to the spongy effect. Usually Honda Civic brake pedal feel is spot on and other drivers driving it usually complain while applying brakes saying its just too sharp.
Thanks for the response amitsatpathy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by petroguzzler View Post

Bhpian's

I have another query:

I had drained out excessive oil filled (about 0.5 lit) yesterday. The drained out oil was black in colour. I thought only diesel engines have the oil blackened. Is it normal?

P.S. I had filled in Honda Synthetic oil.
Do you have any answer for the above question?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks