Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th May 2016, 09:10   #7441
BANNED

Re: Honda Civic : Maintenance, Service Costs and Must dos

@nik0502; I found one mud flat (LH rear) missing, so contacted the ASS. They had to paint it to match the car (they do not stock all ?or maybe no colours). I picked it up when I went for the service of my other car, had found a bolt missing, so got a replacement as well, and fixed it myself.
sgiitk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th May 2016, 10:14   #7442
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nik0502 View Post
Does anyone know if Honda service centres stock mud flaps or I will have to order one ? If available will I have to get it painted or you get them ready to fit. What should be the cost. Also will they sell me single piece or I will have to buy a set ?
I had once enquired about the mud flaps as one (RR) of them had a broken mounting point and was not fitted properly. I do not remember the price, but they certainly asked for Rs. 550/- plus tax just to paint one. Refused.
Later, I simply created one mounting point by making a hole in the mud flap and bolted it back with a different set of nuts to perfection.
Since, it is not a critical part, get it done at an FNG. Will work out much cheaper.

Regards.
Old 7th May 2016, 06:19   #7443
BANNED

@saket77; I remember paying ₹450 incl painting for it about four years ago. Prices seem to vary a lot across dealers. I paid about ₹150 for a 15A fuse (actually they gave me 20A since 15 was out of stock) at one HASS in Gurgaon and got the proper 15A one at another HASS in Kanpur! Both had the matching price stickers, and the Gurgaon fellow also charged me about ₹20 for 'fixing' which was not done, I just got the polythene packed thing.
sgiitk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th May 2016, 16:35   #7444
BHPian

Got all four tires changed today to Michelin XM2. The previous ones Yoko C-Drive worn out faster than my expectation. A little over 2 years and 30k Kms. Well, thats another story for another thread.

While putting back the new shoes, I noticed something drenched in oil (or similar) inside the wheel well. Attached are couple of pictures showing this.

Does anyone have any idea what this could be? or has anyone faced similar issue?

I haven't noticed any level drops in any of the fluids. Though it seems to be some fresh spill.

Honda Civic : Maintenance, Service Costs and Must dos-img_1479.jpg

Honda Civic : Maintenance, Service Costs and Must dos-img_1480.jpg
Old 8th May 2016, 16:39   #7445
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1lokesh View Post
Does anyone have any idea what this could be? or has anyone faced similar issue?
They look like Drive Shaft boot to me. The rubber would have cracked due to age and grease leaked out.

Get the boot replaced at your preferred service cente and ensure its secured well with clips and if required add Nylon zip ties to it.

A damaged boot will invite a lot of dust and sand particles to settle on it and even get inside the mechanical joints of the drive shaft and result in shorter life.
paragsachania is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th May 2016, 16:42   #7446
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania View Post
They look like Drive Shaft boot to me. The rubber would have cracked due to age and grease leaked out.

Get the boot replaced at your preferred service cente and ensure its secured well with clips and if required add Nylon zip ties to it.

A damaged boot will invite a lot of dust and sand particles to settle on it and even get inside the mechanical joints of the drive shaft and result in shorter life.
Thanks a ton paragsachania. I will have it checked at HASS at the earliest.
Old 8th May 2016, 19:37   #7447
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1lokesh View Post
Got all four tires changed today to Michelin XM2. The previous ones Yoko C-Drive worn out faster than my expectation. A little over 2 years and 30k Kms. Well, thats another story for another thread.

While putting back the new shoes, I noticed something drenched in oil (or similar) inside the wheel well. Attached are couple of pictures showing this.

I haven't noticed any level drops in any of the fluids. Though it seems to be some fresh spill.

Attachment 1505263

Attachment 1505264
To me it looks like oil leak from the PS pump. Had exact same situation in my car. Doesn't look like the boot as the pulley above the drive shaft boot is also wet in oil.
nik0502 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 9th May 2016, 07:41   #7448
Senior - BHPian

My HASS used to spray some oil there and show me that to replace my PS components. I was skeptical since I checked that area before I gave for service.

On crossing them, on all three occasions they said "PS was OK and it was not a major concern"
laluks is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th May 2016, 10:48   #7449
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nik0502 View Post
To me it looks like oil leak from the PS pump. Had exact same situation in my car. Doesn't look like the boot as the pulley above the drive shaft boot is also wet in oil.
Checked the PS fluid level. Its all fine. Wondering whats that oil / fluid that is depositing all over there.

Next step is to get the drive shaft boots checked.
Old 9th May 2016, 11:31   #7450
Team-BHP Support

Mumbai (South Mumbai query)

Hi there,

I want a really good aftermarket service facility to service my Honda Civic. Its currently 6 1/2 years and 60,000 kms old and if I want to hang on for another 2 - 3 years then I really want a technically sound GOOD after market service station. Any suggestions? I've been using Jaya Auto at Mahalakshmi for a while but not overly impressed by them. Any other suggestions anyone? I'd like them to be in south mumbai, preferably not beyond mahim or wadala at most towards the suburbs

thanks
Old 9th May 2016, 20:42   #7451
BHPian

I got these for my civic. Cost me Rs.850 for the 4 doors and Rs.200 for the rear window.
Attached Thumbnails
Honda Civic : Maintenance, Service Costs and Must dos-file-090516-8-35-17-pm.jpeg  

Old 9th May 2016, 20:48   #7452
BHPian

Bhpians,
My civic needs a new cooling coil. Hass has given a quote of Rs 40k all inclusive.
I thought of giving it to my FNG. Any suggestions? Would FNG's be able to a good job of removing the dashboard and fitting it back?
Old 9th May 2016, 20:54   #7453
BHPian

My friend got his replaced from a AC workshop. The cooling coil was Showa brand (Rs.5,600) and Labour was at Rs.2,500 ( will be higher in chennai) He also had to replace his expansion tube for Rs.2,200.
All in all it should cost you between 10,000 to 15,000 all inclusive.
WasavaTyres is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th May 2016, 23:18   #7454
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by petroguzzler View Post
Bhpians,
My civic needs a new cooling coil. Hass has given a quote of Rs 40k all inclusive.
I thought of giving it to my FNG. Any suggestions? Would FNG's be able to a good job of removing the dashboard and fitting it back?
40k is too steep for just a cooling coil plus the other consumables. But that's typical HASS quotation.

Giving it to an FNG is a good idea but only and only if they use proper good quality components.
As far as I know, procuring original Showa products is almost impossible in most places in India and Showa components only come fitted with the car. I may be wrong here.

Those AC guys must be using second-copy Thailand or such made products and calling it Showa. Also, AFAIK the Cooling Coil in Civic comes as Denso made. The condenser is Showa.

And regarding you last query, you don't need to worry, most Honda's don't need to get their dashboard removed in order to change/service the cooling coil, and that includes the Civic too. So major saving there. That's Honda for you

Last edited by pixantz : 9th May 2016 at 23:20.
pixantz is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th May 2016, 03:55   #7455
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by WasavaTyres View Post
I got these for my civic. Cost me Rs.850 for the 4 doors and Rs.200 for the rear window.
I got these for 4 doors for 500 rupees. Didn't know it comes for rear as well. Will look for it. Did you buy locally or order online ?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks