Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th December 2016, 20:31   #7861
Senior - BHPian

Re: Honda Civic : Maintenance, Service Costs and Must dos

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumeethaldankar View Post
Axle boot was changed for this.

It was actually found to be the strut bearing when the strut was removed. The mount was fine. The noise is gone now.
Good to hear that. Hopefully it'll stay that way. You were the lucky one
Old 10th December 2016, 23:02   #7862
BHPian

In my Civic SAT, I am not able to fully insert the key in the boot lock opening and consequently can't open the boot with key. While I am managing to open the boot with the lever provided near the driver seat, it's an irritant. On asking at HASS, I was told they will install another lock in the boot with a different key. Now, I don't want to carry 2 keys for the car.

What options do I have?
Old 12th December 2016, 19:56   #7863
BHPian

Today, I dashed the right rear portion of my Civic into a pillar while parking. The damage includes broken rear right tail light and the rear bumper damaged on the right where it hit the pillar. Also, the motor in the left ORVM seems too be kaput as it is not closing inward on pressing the button (it seems my mind was stuck on this issue due to which I was not as attentive while parking).

A visit to HASS is a must now. Any inputs on what kind of damage to my pocket I am looking at and can I claim insurance for this?
Old 13th December 2016, 08:56   #7864

I want to upgrade my brake rotors and pads in my Civic 2008.

I tried the Roulunds pads mentioned in this thread somewhere. I gives good bite at low speeds.. but speeds higher than 120, there is some jerking/vibration. Not satisfied with the pads.

The car has done about 60k, and so I am thinking it will be worthwhile to upgrade even the rotors. I am thinking Brembo rotors and pads instead of the OEMs. My local mechanic recommends Brembo but says I'll have to order online or get it for him and he will change. He himself cannot procure it for me.

Does anyone have any prior experience with Brembo set on Civic? And where can I procure them?

One more question: I am thinking of upgrade the full set of tyres as well and have planned Michelin Primacy. Are there any comparable options?

Thanks for your inputs.
Old 13th December 2016, 09:00   #7865
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by civic-dk View Post

A visit to HASS is a must now. Any inputs on what kind of damage to my pocket I am looking at and can I claim insurance for this?
That's unfortunate. The tail light would be around 4k and depending on the damage to the bumper, it could be anywhere from 3k to how badly they feel like ripping you off! :P The mirror motor was 8k a few years back so you're looking at a setback of 15-20k. If you've got a trusty FNG, I'd say try there. The tail light is easily available at a spares shop and the bumper can be fixed with minimum effort if the paint hasn't chipped off.
Old 13th December 2016, 17:15   #7866
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PallavS View Post
Does anyone have any prior experience with Brembo set on Civic? And where can I procure them ?
Laxmikant and Co. Industrial,based at Goa. Official Importers for brembo in India

They can be contacted on - spares@laxmikant.co.in,
Ph -08322262524, 9822126156.

No prior experience but I'm getting a set of pads ( Front & Rear ) soon as they're performing well on a friends cruze.

Has anyone procured / replaced the windshield washer reservoir at HASS ? I broke mine driving from Kannur to Moorbidri.

Last edited by WasavaTyres : 13th December 2016 at 17:17.
Old 13th December 2016, 22:11   #7867
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolkurt View Post
That's unfortunate. The tail light would be around 4k and depending on the damage to the bumper, it could be anywhere from 3k to how badly they feel like ripping you off! :P The mirror motor was 8k a few years back so you're looking at a setback of 15-20k. If you've got a trusty FNG, I'd say try there. The tail light is easily available at a spares shop and the bumper can be fixed with minimum effort if the paint hasn't chipped off.
Thanks for your inputs. HASS is quoting 8000 for single tail light and 6500 for painting the bumper. The ORVM replacement is not available as per them.

I am planning to go with FNG route. Hoping to locate a spare part guy in Hyderabad who has the tail light in stock.
Old 13th December 2016, 22:22   #7868
BHPian

Quote:
Axle boot was changed for this.

It was actually found to be the strut bearing when the strut was removed. The mount was fine. The noise is gone now.
Hey Sumeet,

What was the damage to your wallet?
Old 13th December 2016, 22:40   #7869
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by skdking View Post
Hey Sumeet,

What was the damage to your wallet?
Axle boot 300 + labor & grease etc totaled 900 Rs
Bearing 2400 for 2 pieces plus labor 800

Last edited by sumeethaldankar : 13th December 2016 at 23:01. Reason: corrected price for bearings
sumeethaldankar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th December 2016, 23:27   #7870
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by civic-dk View Post
Thanks for your inputs. HASS is quoting 8000 for single tail light and 6500 for painting the bumper. The ORVM replacement is not available as per them.
That's daylight robbery. You can get the tail light for 1500-1800 bucks at Ghai Spares here. Bumper painting shouldn't cost you more than 1.5-2k. Good luck with sourcing the light.
Old 15th December 2016, 19:54   #7871
Senior - BHPian

I got a deal on a May 2011 Civic VMT for 4L in Kolkata. Its run 29000 kms, single owner , black colour. The car has no dents but scratches are present so touch ups are required. Is it a good buy ?

Teambhp pricing tool says ₹4,81,547 - ₹5,11,334 for a fair condition in Kolkata.

I am looking to sell my Ritz and go for the same.
Old 15th December 2016, 22:23   #7872
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Altocumulus View Post
I got a deal on a May 2011 Civic VMT for 4L in Kolkata. Its run 29000 kms, single owner , black colour. The car has no dents but scratches are present so touch ups are required. Is it a good buy ?

Teambhp pricing tool says ₹4,81,547 - ₹5,11,334 for a fair condition in Kolkata.

I am looking to sell my Ritz and go for the same.
Get is thoroughly checked from HASS along with service history.
Old 15th December 2016, 22:49   #7873
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Get is thoroughly checked from HASS along with service history.
Yes, I will. Actually it was on operating lease to the CFO of a company and maintained by the leasing company itself. It has all the documents and service history. The lease was for 5 years and now the CFO has given back this car and taken a CRV for the next 5 years.
Old 16th December 2016, 01:44   #7874
Senior - BHPian

My Civics's lower arm bushes have gone kaput, again. I had changed them a couple of years back and have done around 35k kms since. I am considering putting in OE lower arms if they can last longer. People who have replaced the lower arm bushes how long did they last ? Is 2 years 35k kms ok or they could have lasted longer if i had put in original stuff. Issue is Honda will ask to change the entire lower arm instead of just the bush and after market bushes as i have experienced do not last long.
Old 16th December 2016, 02:12   #7875
BANNED

Quote:
My Civics's lower arm bushes have gone kaput.
Hi Sumeet, nice coincidence there on the lower arm bush issue. My Swift's right side list arm bushes is tearing off plus the ball joint too is at its end of its life after a 1,01,080 kms which IMO is good enough. I am looking for a change in my car too and would be going for OE ones. Each side costs ₹2200.

What's the price in Civic for each side?

How are the ball joints in the lower arm?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks