Team-BHP > Technical Stuff

Search this Thread
Old 14th July 2017, 10:40   #8521
Senior - BHPian

Re: Honda Civic : Maintenance, Service Costs and Must dos

I've never got the CSC replaced. The CMC was changed in 2013. And Clutch replaced at 85k kms. Everything is good since then. Occasional squeaks are silenced by WD40.

@All

The Bridgestone Turanzas that I had installed in Oct 2015 are almost giving up, after 33k kms. I'm not sure if that's a decent figure. Any opinions?

I clocked 10k kms in the last 3 months and it looks like that's going to be the norm from now
Old 14th July 2017, 11:29   #8522
BHPian

Guys, I need your help.

As I had mentioned a couple of pages back, my civic was broken into and the headunit along with the automatic climate control unit was stolen.

While the Honda ASS has been able to source all the major parts, they seem to be facing an issue with sourcing the rotary dial (silver dial which moves) for the automatic climate control system i.e. the below dials in red:

Honda Civic : Maintenance, Service Costs and Must dos-acc.jpg

I believe the part number for the same is 79581SNB941ZA.

In the event that Honda ASS is unable to source this part, would you be aware where can I source this in Mumbai?

I have been able to find this part on hondapartsnow however, I am uncertain as to how long it will take for the part to be delivered. Have any of you ordered from hondapartsnow?

This is how the part looks in the catalog of hondapartsnow:

Name:  ACC Dial.png
Views: 898
Size:  2.3 KB

Thanks,
Enigmatic

Last edited by Enigmatic : 14th July 2017 at 11:34.
Enigmatic is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th July 2017, 12:12   #8523
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigmatic View Post
Guys, I need your help.

Thanks,
Enigmatic
Try boodmo.com
Call them up and confirm part no, availability etc

https://boodmo.com/catalog/part-79581snb941za-8942103/

Last edited by sumeethaldankar : 14th July 2017 at 12:13.
sumeethaldankar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th July 2017, 14:54   #8524
BHPian

Quote:

In the event that Honda ASS is unable to source this part, would you be aware where can I source this in Mumbai?
If this part number is present in Honda spare part list, then they will be able to order it for you at any cost. I don't think that HASS will ever have a situation that a part number is present in their list and they are not able to procure it, even if it's a tiny screw.
techcoze is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th July 2017, 16:26   #8525
BHPian

Quote:
Guys, I need your help.

As I had mentioned a couple of pages back, my civic was broken into and the headunit along with the automatic climate control unit was stolen.

While the Honda ASS has been able to source all the major parts, they seem to be facing an issue with sourcing the rotary dial (silver dial which moves) for the automatic climate control system i.e. the below dials in red:

Attachment 1656829

I have been able to find this part on hondapartsnow however, I am uncertain as to how long it will take for the part to be delivered. Have any of you ordered from hondapartsnow?

This is how the part looks in the catalog of hondapartsnow:

Attachment 1656832

Thanks,
Enigmatic

Go to CST Road, Kurla West. It's spare parts Mecca. You can pretty much assemble a whole functioning Civic from parts bought there.
MARCUS_520i is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th July 2017, 16:37   #8526
BHPian

Engine oil leak detected in my civic, HASS diagnosed it as tappet / valve cover gasket leak. Have anyone faced this earlier? How much would it cost to replace the gasket?

P.S. One thing I learned in HASS, get the technician job card photo when collecting car. This is their internal document where on floor technician records findings, and service advisor either don't/can't explain them to you. When advisor is busy in final report work, I just pick up whole bunch of papers of my car and click photos with my phone. Tappet cover gasket leak was mentioned in their internal job card but was not communicated to me by advisor.

Last edited by techcoze : 14th July 2017 at 16:54.
Old 14th July 2017, 17:38   #8527
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumeethaldankar View Post
Try boodmo.com
Call them up and confirm part no, availability etc

https://boodmo.com/catalog/part-79581snb941za-8942103/
Thanks, Summet.

I am picking up the car tomorrow from the service center. If HASS is unable to source the part by then, I will try Boodmo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by techcoze View Post
If this part number is present in Honda spare part list, then they will be able to order it for you at any cost. I don't think that HASS will ever have a situation that a part number is present in their list and they are not able to procure it, even if it's a tiny screw.
The part is present in the Honda spare part list. I was at the service center when the parts required were being cataloged. This particular part is also mentioned in the tentative invoice which was sent to me by HASS. The car has been with HASS for a week now and although all other parts have arrived, they are unable to confirm the availability of this part. I just had a word with the SA and he informed that they are still trying to arrange for the part. However the SA has advised that if the part is not available by tomorrow then I should take the car and as and when the part becomes available, the same will be installed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARCUS_520i View Post
Go to CST Road, Kurla West. It's spare parts Mecca. You can pretty much assemble a whole functioning Civic from parts bought there.
Thanks, Marcus.

I will probably visit Kurla first and if that doesn't work out will give Boodmo.com a try.

Best,
Enigmatic
Old 17th July 2017, 00:27   #8528
Distinguished - BHPian

Facing a weird problem with the Civic. I removed the battery from the car to charge it at home. The battery is in good health. Just that the car was left idle for a while, so I thought of charging it.
I was able to fit it back after 4-5 days only due to busy schedule. The car started fine and I took her for a spin and found something weird.

1. The dashboard backlit switches which turn on with the headlamps were intermittently going on and off.

2. Due to the above, the AC was also working intermittently.

3. Upon further inspection, found that the speedo/ RPM meter light did not come on when the key is inserted into the ignition slot.

4. Stereo working fine, though the display goes very dim when the backlights go off.

All these problems are interrelated as everything works fine when the backlights are lit up. I tried reconnecting the battery but still the problem persists.

Any pointers guys?

Last edited by saket77 : 17th July 2017 at 00:29.
saket77 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th July 2017, 07:23   #8529
Senior - BHPian

The left side mirror does not open/close at the press of the button. I can hear the motor whining as soon as I start the car and the whine doesn't go away as long as the ignition is on.

Is the motor kaput? Any idea how much a replacement costs?

Quote:
Originally Posted by saket77 View Post
Facing a weird problem with the Civic. I removed the battery from the car to charge it at home. The battery is in good health. Just that the car was left idle for a while, so I thought of charging it.
Maybe there's the relay you'd like to look into. Or leave the battery disconnected for a while and then reconnect. There's hardly anything else to look into, as everything works fine when the car is running.

Last edited by coolkurt : 17th July 2017 at 07:26.
coolkurt is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th July 2017, 08:57   #8530
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I was able to fit it back after 4-5 days only due to busy schedule. Thi8e car started fine and I took her for a spin and found something weird.

1. The dashboard backlit switches which turn on with the headlamps were intermittently going on and off.

3. Upon further inspection, found that the speedo/ RPM meter light did

Any pointers guys?
Dash lights flickering is a sign of a battery on it's way out. Does the battery have a health indicator ? Get it checked out.
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolkurt View Post
The left side mirror does not open/close at the press of the button. I can hear the motor whining as soon as I start the car and the whine doesn't go away as long as the ignition is on.

Is the motor kaput? .
Had same issue. Gears are slipping hence the motor keeps whining. Cost me 1500 to fix in Mumbai. I am sure it will cost you less in Delhi. The mirror assembly will be needed to be removed to fix the issue.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 17th July 2017 at 12:52. Reason: Grammar.
sumeethaldankar is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 17th July 2017, 09:09   #8531
BHPian

Quote:

Is the motor kaput? Any idea how much a replacement cost?
Coolkurt , I had the same problem in my Civic. Honda ASS said they don't have the part and I ended up getting the left ORVM disconnected at the accessory shop.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 17th July 2017 at 12:54. Reason: Fixing broken quote.
Old 17th July 2017, 09:29   #8532
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

Maybe there's the relay you'd like to look into. Or leave the battery disconnected for a while and then reconnect. There's hardly anything else to look into, as everything works fine when the car is running.
Sadly, there are likely no parts available for the mirror, you'd probably need to replace the mirror assembly. Here's a link:

https://boodmo.com/catalog/part-rear...embly-6622192/

If you can do without the electrically operated open/close and other adjustments then do this manually

Quote:
I was able to fit it back after 4-5 days only due to busy schedule. The car started fine and I took her for a spin and found something weird.

3. Upon further inspection, found that the speedo/ RPM meter light did not come on when the key is inserted into the ignition slot.

4. Stereo working fine, though the display goes very dim when the backlights go off.

All these problems are interrelated as everything works fine when the backlights are lit up. I tried reconnecting the battery but still the problem persists.

Any pointers guys?
The battery seems to be ok since it is starting your car? However, start testing or checking the simple stuff:

a) Check your alternator to battery ( B+ terminal on the alt. to battery) and battery to body/earth cables.

Check the wiring and connectors/clamps regularly with any car >5 years old. Clean the battery posts and clamps if required and coat them with vaseline only.

b) Check the battery when idle i.e after about 3-4 hours of rest. This will get rid of the surface charge which can cause artificially high voltage to be displayed making you believe the battery is fine. There's another method to get rid of the charge by switching on the headlamps for about 3-5 minutes. Switch them off, letting the battery recover for a few minutes and check the voltage. Which one you use is up to you.

c) Start the car, check the voltage at the battery terminal. It should be between 13.8 and 14.4 V with the engine @ idle and then at 2000-2500 RPM.

d) If voltage is out of spec, get your battery and alternator tested.

PS - Do this urgently before you experience an electrical system and engine start related failures.

Last edited by R2D2 : 17th July 2017 at 09:32.
R2D2 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th July 2017, 12:43   #8533
BHPian

Quote:

I got the motor replaced at HASS and he cost of OVRM motor replacement at HASS was around 4500 in month of December 2016.

Hope this helps.

Regards
Kunal
kunal_kaushal is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th July 2017, 21:20   #8534
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kunal_kaushal View Post
I got the motor replaced at HASS and he cost of OVRM motor replacement at HASS was around 4500 in month of December 2016.

Hope this helps.

Regards
Kunal
Thanks Kunal. Will it be possible for you to share the part number?
Old 17th July 2017, 22:57   #8535
Distinguished - BHPian

Thanks guys for all the suggestions.
Had discovered a few more issues relating to the same. Noticed that the speedo panel did not light up when the key is inserted. Also, no key-in reminder chime when door is open with the key in the ignition slot.

But the car is improving itself!! Still got the car checked up at Mahindra first choice. Went to HASS as well but there was hardly any technician/ mechanic present and hence they suggested that I bring the car some other day at their convenience!

Coming to Mahindra first choice, I decided to give them a try. The AC was found to be tripping frequently and it was diagnosed running extremely low on refrigerant. Got the refrigerant topped up for Rs. 1950/-

AC problem was solved this way. They hooked up the OBD scanner but it threw no error. But since the issue was still happening intermittently, I thought at least HASS would be able to diagnose it properly, but for some strange reason, all tech guys where on leave today!

By the time I reached home in the evening, the issue had subsided substantially. Took the car for a spin again some time back and it was behaving all normal.

I believe this might be an issue due to some loose or carbon in some coupler contact.

Have tied some tobacco leaves in the engine bay to keep the rats from coming.

Will keep it reported, thanks for all your pointers. As asked, yes, battery health is fine as per the sight glass window.

Regards,
Saket.

Last edited by saket77 : 17th July 2017 at 23:01.
saket77 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed