Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th August 2017, 22:19   #8611
BHPian

Re: Honda Civic : Maintenance, Service Costs and Must dos

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
Can you please elaborate on the process (if you don't mind!!)

How much was the rotor thickness before skimming process and how much was skimmed off?

Cost of the skimming per rotor and is this on an automatic machines?
@Anurag: As per my observation, following were the steps.

1. Test drive was done by the mechanic (before dissembling anything) during which panic braking and similar conditions were recreated

2. Basis that observation, the calipers and rotors of the front two tyres were removed

3. Disc surface was visually inspected (which was having visible marks of abnormal wear and chip at places)

4. The rotors were handed over to the lathe operator who measured the width of the rotor and basis his judgement, chipped off the surface (~0.2mm) from both sides

5. Meanwhile the mechanic checked the brake pads and cleaned the same with soft cotton cloth

6. The center hub was also also cleaned with a 100 grit sand paper to clean off any rust

7. Post installing the rotor, high temperature red grease was applied to the caliper pin and all the bolts were tightened

8. Brake pedal was depressed multiple times to ensure adequate pressure is built up before the car goes on road
ashishrathi88 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 16th August 2017, 17:52   #8612
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sudev View Post
Last week I was able to source a used pump unit from Mayapuri for Rs4k and now fuel gauge is working. However it shows a random inversion of display. Some times the fuel left is shown as lit up bars and sometimes as unlit bars - see pictures. Cannot fathom out why.

Attachment 1663575

Attachment 1663576
Where you able to find any solution to this problem?
I have been having the same problem in my civic
Attached Thumbnails
Honda Civic : Maintenance, Service Costs and Must dos-20170812_090112.jpg  

Honda Civic : Maintenance, Service Costs and Must dos-20170812_194401.jpg  

Old 16th August 2017, 18:21   #8613
Distinguished - BHPian

No. Not yet. Seems like some leakage in earthing of instrument cluster. But not been able to give time.
Old 17th August 2017, 02:36   #8614
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kunal_kaushal View Post
Hi Professor,

In my humble opinion aftermarket Double Din units would require an aftermarket frame (like the ones used by Sumeet and others) to be installed in civic as the factory fitted ICE system is a complete moulded unit that sit flush with dashboard and it is highly unlikely that the accessory guys in local market would be able to modify the factory fascia for an after market head unit.

Hi Mate,

I am attaching a pic of the frame that i have along with the factory fitted system thats there is my ride for your comparison.

Regards

Kunal

Hi Kunal

From where did you get the frame and if you could share the price. I am also planning to install an android HU in my Civic.
Old 17th August 2017, 04:19   #8615
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nik0502 View Post
Hi Kunal

From where did you get the frame and if you could share the price. I am also planning to install an android HU in my Civic.

Any good ice installer should be able to source a frame for you. I just got my setup done today. Cost of frame 4.5k Honda Civic : Maintenance, Service Costs and Must dos-imageuploadedbyteambhp1502923688.141685.jpg

Haven't clicked pics post install as it got dark by then.
bigblackshark is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 17th August 2017, 14:23   #8616
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nik0502 View Post
Hi Kunal

Hi Mate,

Apologies for the delay in reverting, I had got it long way back for 5 k from a local ICE installer and it is lying with me since then. It had another piece which was there to hide gap between the frame and the stereo, kindly refer to the arrow in the attached picture) which unfortunately got misplaced.

As suggested by other members good ICE installers can arrange one for you also some frames are listed on OLX too.

Regards
Kunal
Attached Thumbnails
Honda Civic : Maintenance, Service Costs and Must dos-41nhrbqrtil._sl500_ac_ss350_.jpg  

Last edited by kunal_kaushal : 17th August 2017 at 14:39. Reason: Forgot to add the pic.
Old 18th August 2017, 12:12   #8617
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
My 10 year old civic had it's fuel gauge go kaput two years back. T
Quote:
Originally Posted by sambhav.jain View Post
Here is link from a website where a guy had the same problem. It seems replacing the fuel assembly did not seem to solve the issue.

http://www.8thcivic.com/forums/mecha...uge-issue.html

I had a issue where the display unit would go completely blank due to moisture etc. Disconnecting the battery for 5 mins and reconnecting would get the display back.

Last edited by sumeethaldankar : 18th August 2017 at 12:15.
sumeethaldankar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st August 2017, 17:34   #8618
BHPian

Guys,

I have somehow managed to lose one of the chrome exhaust tip in my Civic. No clue where it went missing. When I approached the HASS for getting the same, they were defiant suggesting that it is an add-on accessory and does not come standard with the Civic. Only after I showed them the same chrome tip on other civic's at the workshop did they realise it came as a standard company fitment.

I have tried to source the same in the local market and although I have been able to source an exhaust tip of the same design, the fit was not proper.

Any clue from where I can order one?

Thanks,
Enigmatic
Enigmatic is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd August 2017, 09:52   #8619
BANNED

I will check with my son as to where he got the 2-DIN unit in his Civic. He replaced the normal In-dash unit almost as soon as he took the car from Kanpur (myself) to Gurugram. As a busy consultant he needed full connectivity for his mobile. In fact a week ago I saw the Google based navigation at work for the first time, very impressed.
Old 22nd August 2017, 11:07   #8620
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sambhav.jain View Post
Quote:
No. Not yet. Seems like some leakage in earthing of instrument cluster. But not been able to give time.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sumeethaldankar View Post
Here is link from a website where a guy had the same problem. It seems replacing the fuel assembly did not seem to solve the issue.

http://www.8thcivic.com/forums/mecha...uge-issue.html.
I hate to say this but this could be a problem with the gauge control module (tachometer).
This module controls a lot of secondary functions and obviously the displays too.
I'm too facing some electronic issues. Hoping that it's only a weak battery or poor ground somewhere. HASS is suspecting an intermittent GCM failure.

Regards,
Saket.
saket77 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd August 2017, 11:17   #8621
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigmatic View Post
Guys,
I have tried to source the same in the local market and although I have been able to source an exhaust tip of the same design, the fit was not proper.

Any clue from where I can order one?

Thanks,
Enigmatic
You could check with Automech Exhaust at lower parel for a custom tip if you are interested else best bet is online portals.
sumeethaldankar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd August 2017, 08:56   #8622
Senior - BHPian

Afaik, the Civic does not have an engine guard. However, the engine splash shield on mine has broken off so now I hear a lot of clinks and sounds while driving. Any idea where I can source a replacement?
Old 23rd August 2017, 10:19   #8623
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolkurt View Post
Afaik, the Civic does not have an engine guard. However, the engine splash shield on mine has broken off so now I hear a lot of clinks and sounds while driving. Any idea where I can source a replacement?
Available at HASS for around 1200 rupees. I just got mine changed.

Ask them to re-use the existing bumper locks(those black plastic pin type locks), otherwise they charge a bomb for each.

Rgds
VineetG is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd August 2017, 10:27   #8624
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgiitk View Post

As for brake pads, our son has ordered Brembo pads. The need for an independent workshop stays.
My Civic is maintained by Heera Motors, Gurgaon, an FNG. Recently got my brake pads changed. Will do caliper greasing etc. Should charge roughly 400-500 for labor for front and rear.

I got a set of Bosck brake pads from USA. However, the front ones did not fit. The rear ones did.

Heera quickly got me Nissin pads (looked exactly same as original). Cost less than 2000 inr for front set.

Working fine, with no change in braking performance.

He is an honest guy, who knows his job.

Location : When you drive from Iffco chowk to MDI (Maharana Pratap Chowk, or Ghoda chowk as it is called, it is the first shop on the left, after passing the HPCL petrol pump, some 300 mtrs from the petrol pump.

Rgds
Old 23rd August 2017, 10:39   #8625
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saket77 View Post
Anybody knows the specs of the LEDS under the backlit switches like the dimmer switch and the mode select switches on the RHS side of the dashboard? The bulbs seem to be never available at HASS every time my car goes to them.

Regards,
Saket.
The ones on the dimmer switch and mode select are called T3 Neo Wedge or Neo Wedge.

The ones on the climate control panel are T4 Neo Wedge or T4 Wedge.

Available on Amazon India. LED types. Just got them changed for the selecter and dimmer buttons. Color was white.

Thinking of getting T4 LEDs for the climate control panel too.

Rgds
VineetG is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks