Team-BHP > Technical Stuff

Search this Thread
Old 21st December 2017, 23:04   #8881
BANNED

Re: Honda Civic : Maintenance, Service Costs and Must dos

I have often hard clutch, and squeaky sound from pedal. Civic just did 70K and mostly driver by me only. When clutch is not hard, driver also is better and no squeaky sound. So looks like my clutch need some replacement.

FNG says he is not able to source Excedy. He can get only Valeo. I see there are couple of online stores which has exceeds. Anyone tried these sites

spareshub.com
http://www.autokartz.com/
boodmo.com/
Old 22nd December 2017, 09:29   #8882
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swageo View Post
I have often hard clutch, and squeaky sound from pedal. Civic just did 70K and mostly driver by me only. When clutch is not hard, driver also is better and no squeaky sound. So looks like my clutch need some replacement.

FNG says he is not able to source Excedy. He can get only Valeo. I see there are couple of online stores which has exceeds. Anyone tried these sites

spareshub.com
http://www.autokartz.com/
boodmo.com/

See if below helps for reference. I have bought suspension components from spareshub and have found them to be fair. You can also buy from a local parts shop which is reliable else online parts is the way to go. I think Exedy is available with spareshub.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-t...ml#post4316070
sumeethaldankar is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th January 2018, 07:46   #8883
Senior - BHPian

Replaced the left strut too with a Munjal make. Both struts now stand replaced. Looking forward to perfect ride quality again.

PS system has developed a leak. A preliminary check points to the pump but a thorough check needs to be done. I had replaced the pump two years back. I hope it's just an O ring or something. Weekly top up is required as of now although it's not much.

Civic reached another milestone. It's now clocked over 1,60,000 Kms.
coolkurt is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th January 2018, 11:05   #8884
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolkurt View Post
Replaced the left strut too with a Munjal make. Both struts now stand replaced. Looking forward to perfect ride quality again.
Civic reached another milestone. It's now clocked over 1,60,000 Kms.
on clocking 1.6L kms! Speaks a lot about the gem the Civic is.
Can you share the price for Munjal struts? And did you buy it from Honda or from outside?

Thanks!
saket77 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th January 2018, 11:25   #8885
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saket77 View Post
on clocking 1.6L kms! Speaks a lot about the gem the Civic is.
Can you share the price for Munjal struts? And did you buy it from Honda or from outside?

Thanks!
Yes she's a beauty. Still brings a smile to my face 🙂

I sourced it from outside. From my trusty mechanic. Rs 1300 for each. I had got the right one replaced few weeks ago. Now the left one gave away as well.
coolkurt is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th January 2018, 19:37   #8886
BHPian

Hi Guys,
This being my first ever query on this thread, would like to have some light shed on the issue that I’m facing on my 2008 Civic MT. Productively searching this thread answers most of my questions, still would like to share what I experienced in the last week. The Civic that I have owned for the past 13 months has served me just fine with no major issues till date with almost nearing 94k on the odo. Last week when I had a trip to Ooty (a hill station that leads to ghat roads) the Civic performed fine even at heavy traffic during uphill. During the downhill drive, the car would abruptly stall for no reason. The engine would stall during a hair pin turn mostly and the steering lock would take the car to its own sweet direction. I will have to crank it up and get the car back to control. The engine stall counted up to 10 – 12 while I covered the 50 kms of ghat section drive. Meanwhile, the clutch started feeling heavy and would lag on lower rpms. Anyone out there experienced similar issue?

Back to town, drove the car for a couple of days with no stalling incident whatsoever. Went to HASS for a check-up and was told this could be due to the plugs and replacing them should seal the issue. For the clutch issue, lubrication will be tried to see if it gets back to normal. Though the engine doesn’t stall now, like to know what could be the possible reason and where this would lead to.

Thanks
Aslam

Last edited by Aslamjaffer : 4th January 2018 at 19:39.
Old 5th January 2018, 13:32   #8887
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aslamjaffer View Post
Anyone out there experienced similar issue?
I've a Civic 2008 1.8V MT, which has done 90,000 kilometers - but I've never had any issue like this.

While recently doing the customary 90,000 kilometers servicing for my Civic (1.8V MT; 2008 model), the service engineer mentioned that the front suspension needs to be replaced.

When I checked if I could postpone the purchase, he said that this was recommended even during the last (85,000 kilometers) service.

Is this normal or is it the way I drive my car? Thanks in advance.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 6th January 2018 at 08:57. Reason: Back to back posts merged. Please edit your previous post within the 30-minute edit window to add more contents to it. Thanks.
Old 5th January 2018, 19:39   #8888
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempelhof View Post
I've a Civic 2008 1.8V MT, which has done 90,000 kilometers - but I've never had any issue like this.
Good to hear and hope you don't have to get to that situation anytime. Civic is at the HASS now for plug replacement. Let me see if that fixes the issue.

Thanks
Aslam
Old 6th January 2018, 08:47   #8889
BANNED

My son when driving to Mussoorie from Gurugram dropped the mirror insert on one of his door mirrors. He checked into one of Honda dealerships on the way, and they expectedly did not have any spares ones. So he will have to contact one of the two functioning dealerships in Gurugram on his return.
sgiitk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th January 2018, 14:56   #8890
Senior - BHPian

Got new brake pads fitted on the front. Both struts and mounts now stand replaced. Ride quality is back to being it's best. And then a new problem has cropped up.

The PS fluid in the reservoir has to be topped up every week or so. I got it checked at my FNG and there were no leaks from the pump or hose. My mechanic suspected a leak from the rack and opened the boot and fluid dripped from it.

As of now, the leak is minor. But eventually, I'll have to go in for a repair. Or a replacement. He said he'll source a rack from Kashmere gate. Comes with a warranty and total damages including labour would be 7k.
coolkurt is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th January 2018, 13:36   #8891
BHPian

Quote:
Got new brake pads fitted on the front. Both struts and mounts now stand replaced. Ride quality is back to being it's best. And then a new problem has cropped up.

The PS fluid in the reservoir has to be topped up every week or so. I got it checked at my FNG and there were no leaks from the pump or hose. My mechanic suspected a leak from the rack and opened the boot and fluid dripped from it.

As of now, the leak is minor. But eventually, I'll have to go in for a repair. Or a replacement. He said he'll source a rack from Kashmere gate. Comes with a warranty and total damages including labour would be 7k.
Hi Koolcurt,

The PS leak problem from rack seals is amplified in cold weather when the seals become hard. I faced the problem last year and put in something called Stopleak for power steering (please check on of my earlier posts for details), which seem to have worked.

As of now, if possible, keep a bottle of Honda PS fluid handy, and top up. When the weather gets warmer in feb, the problem may sort itself out.

If not, rack repair is always there.

All the best.

Rgds
VineetG is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th January 2018, 13:45   #8892
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VineetG View Post
Hi Koolcurt,

The PS leak problem from rack seals is amplified in cold weather when the seals become hard. I faced the problem last year and put in something called Stopleak for power steering (please check on of my earlier posts for details), which seem to have worked.

All the best.

Rgds
Thanks. I'll look into the same. Hopefully it'll work for me too. The leak is very minor atm. It's been 5 days since I topped up, the fluid level in the reservoir has barely gone down.
Old 8th January 2018, 14:02   #8893
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgiitk View Post
My son when driving to Mussoorie from Gurugram dropped the mirror insert on one of his door mirrors. He checked into one of Honda dealerships on the way, and they expectedly did not have any spares ones. So he will have to contact one of the two functioning dealerships in Gurugram on his return.
Hi, Which insert are you talking of? If you are talking of the ORVM glass, then i bought mine for 180 rupees at Ghai Auto spares, Malviya Nagar, Delhi.

Quote:
Thanks. I'll look into the same. Hopefully it'll work for me too. The leak is very minor atm. It's been 5 days since I topped up, the fluid level in the reservoir has barely gone down.
Then i think you should be fine if you keep an eye on the fluid, top it and wait for the weather to become warmer.

Rgds
Old 9th January 2018, 11:44   #8894
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Will this be a refurbished rack? I envy you Delhi guys spare prices are rock boittom

@All my passenger side front seat rattles on solo drives. I tried stuffing the gaps between seats top and bottom part with foam but it is not of much help. Any ideas how to resolve?
Old 9th January 2018, 12:38   #8895
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by VineetG View Post
Hi, Which insert are you talking of? If you are talking of the ORVM glass, then i bought mine for 180 rupees at Ghai Auto spares, Malviya Nagar, Delhi.
Thanks for the information. It is exactly what we are looking for.

Most Viewed