Team-BHP > Technical Stuff

Search this Thread
Old 18th August 2020, 17:41   #9631
Senior - BHPian

Re: Honda Civic : Maintenance, Service Costs and Must dos

Quote:
Originally Posted by spoth001 View Post
Thanks, AC service was done few days ago and it’s not dripping from that point.
You can check out this video.

The guy check for issues from all the famed leak spots. The windshield seals could also give way over time and allow water ingress. Hope your issue gets sorted out soon.
coolkurt is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th August 2020, 23:48   #9632
Senior - BHPian

I have a issue with the seat belts, both driver and passenger. Both sides the belt/s don’t withdraw into the side pillar. I have to manually push them slowly inside. While wearing and locking them down no issues, while removing them they don’t retract at all. I tried spraying some WD40, didn’t help.

Please advice a solution.

Thank you!

Cheers
Old 19th August 2020, 15:04   #9633
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyborg View Post
I have a issue with the seat belts, both driver and passenger. Both sides the belt/s don’t withdraw into the side pillar. I have to manually push them slowly inside. While wearing and locking them down no issues, while removing them they don’t retract at all. I tried spraying some WD40, didn’t help.

Thank you!

Cheers
`
My two cents. The slackening could be due to extensive usage over time. I faced the exact issue with my 1999 6th Gen Civic in the US and the problem was more pronounced with the driver's side seat belt. Thankfully, Honda USA offered a free replacement under lifetime warranty and I was only too glad to get them replaced free of charge on a 7 year old car. Hope this helps.

Last edited by rr_zen : 19th August 2020 at 15:28.
rr_zen is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th August 2020, 16:53   #9634
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kunal_kaushal View Post
Hi Mate

I would suggest to please examine the joint beneath the weather strip on the roof just above the A pillar, which is prone to develop small gap due to deterioration of the sealing compund with age coupled with harsh weather conditions, at times the same is the cause if water entering the cabin from the area highlighted through the pic your good self has posted.
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolkurt View Post
You can check out this video.
The SA mentioned that they are going to use sealants and patch these up. As of now as you both detected, the culprit seems to be doors clog and the weather strip. Check these pictures and videos

Honda Civic : Maintenance, Service Costs and Must dos-whatsapp-image-20200817-7.47.51-pm.jpeg

Honda Civic : Maintenance, Service Costs and Must dos-whatsapp-image-20200818-11.56.40-am.jpeg

Honda Civic : Maintenance, Service Costs and Must dos-whatsapp-image-20200818-11.56.54-am.jpeg

Honda Civic : Maintenance, Service Costs and Must dos-whatsapp-image-20200818-11.56.55-am-1.jpeg

Honda Civic : Maintenance, Service Costs and Must dos-whatsapp-image-20200818-11.56.55-am.jpeg:

spoth001 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 19th August 2020, 17:00   #9635
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyborg View Post
Thank you!
Cheers
No option other than to get it replaced. Mine had the same issue after almost 13 years of usage, but it didn't bother me much.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rr_zen View Post
`
Thankfully, Honda USA offered a free replacement under lifetime warranty
Unfortunately, no lifetime warranty in India. The replacement will have to go out from your pocket.
Quote:
The SA mentioned that they are going to use sealants and patch these up.
Hopefully this solves your problem. Couldn't help notice that even you have missing windscreen beadings. They were stolen towards the end of my car's life cycle too. Surprising theft
Old 20th August 2020, 13:39   #9636
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
No option other than to get it replaced. Mine had the same issue after almost 13 years of usage, but it didn't bother me much.
It may not affect your regular usage of buckling in and out but may not perform effectively the job its meant to perform during the time of a collision. I would strongly recommend a replacement.

Quote:
Unfortunately, no lifetime warranty in India. The replacement will have to go out from your pocket.
I thought that message was explicitly implicit in my post
rr_zen is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th August 2020, 13:53   #9637
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
. I would strongly recommend a replacement.
The car itself was replaced. 2.5 lakh kms on the odo. Still went for six figures.
Old 26th August 2020, 15:42   #9638
Senior - BHPian

I intend to give my MT Civic for regular service at HASS. I have always gone in for Mobil 1 for the engine oil. I plan to change the gear oil as well this time. Seeking inputs from fellow-BHPians on their experience with synthetic gear oil (esp Mobil1 synthetic gear lubricant 75W-90). Thanks in advance.
Old 26th August 2020, 17:17   #9639
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I would strongly recommend a replacement.
I am not a DIY person, but would like to avoid a service centre visit in these times. Is replacing the seatbelt's a pain in the hindquarters type of work to do ourselves

People in the know, please advice.

Thanks in advance.

Cheers
Old 31st August 2020, 16:33   #9640
BHPian

Hi All,

In the market for new tyres for the Civic. Both the back tyres are almost bald, as I realized recently, much to my surprise. The front ones have a bit more tread. They were Yokohama A-drives that lasted 5 years and close to 40K kms, but have recently had a few punctures. To be honest, I had hoped they would last 50K+, but otherwise they were alright.

Considering the Yokohama BluEarths, but concerned about possible sidewall damage. Also, was looking for Goodyear Assurance, but these don't seem to be in stock wherever I called. I don't want to spend a whole lot, but don't want MRFs either, unless someone here strongly recommends it with good reason.

Was planning to reluctantly let go of the car, but I think I will keep it for a year or two until the pandemic blows over. Need some reliable tyres until then that will offer some comfort without breaking the bank.

If you've recently bought some tyres, would appreciate any advice. Thanks.

Last edited by coolvenk : 31st August 2020 at 16:38.
Old 5th September 2020, 17:34   #9641
Distinguished - BHPian

I’m facing parasitic draw in my 2007 civic. I checked all internal and external fuses for voltages and also checked the sleep draw of the car. The values were normal. Also tested the battery by charging it and leaving it for about 10 days and the self discharge was normal at 12.3 V
There’s no accessory installed and nothing new done recently. Checked the alternator too. 14.2-14.3v while charging and no AC voltage.
Any pointers fellow civic owners?

Regards.
Old 6th September 2020, 10:04   #9642
BANNED

Need some reliable tyres until then that will offer some comfort without breaking the bank.

If you've recently bought some tyres, would appreciate any advice. Thanks.[/quote]

Hi,

I have recently purchased tyres of size 205/60 R16. Have done extensive research about different brands with different parameters like Tread Life, Comfort, Price, Warranty, suitability for indian conditions etc. Have gont through Bridgestone Turanza, CEAT, Apollo Alnac 4G, Yokohama Blu-earth & Earth-1.

Finally went with Yokohama Earth-1 having some features like Silent Operation, Double sidewall (Specific for indian conditions), competitive price, Excellent dry as well as wet grip (while using my old tyres ABS was getting activated very frequently meaning they were losing grip faster - These Earth-1 are performing really well so ABS gets activated when and when only the situation demands), Long tread life & 2 years unconditional warranty as well as + 3 years of standard warranty upto 50% tread depth.

I am truly satisfied with these tyres, running 6k kms in really bad road conditions and those performed really well. You can go with them without any hesitation.

Hope it helps!
CaptainBrijesh is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th September 2020, 21:03   #9643
BHPian

Quote:
The SA mentioned that they are going to use sealants and patch these up. As of now as you both detected, the culprit seems to be doors clog and the weather strip. Check these pictures and videos
Did the leakage issue sorted out, where did you give the civic.
Old 11th September 2020, 14:54   #9644
Senior - BHPian

Any good Honda body repair shop in Bangalore. Need to get Fitness Certificate done, so need to fix some scratches and dents. Any good references are appreciated.

Also waiting for the new policy on the scrapping of old vehicles.
Old 11th September 2020, 20:33   #9645
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolvenk View Post
Hi All,

In the market for new tyres for the Civic. Both the back tyres are almost bald, as I realized recently, much to my surprise. The front ones have a bit more tread. They were Yokohama A-drives that lasted 5 years and close to 40K kms, but have recently had a few punctures. To be honest, I had hoped they would last 50K+, but otherwise they were alright.

If you've recently bought some tyres, would appreciate any advice. Thanks.

Yoko Earth 1, Michelin Primacy are my top 2 picks for the Civic, both in the 205 config offer a great ride and grip. Have used both personally
Pashin is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed