Team-BHP - 2 Nylon + 2 Radial Tyres, OK?
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Technical Stuff (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/technical-stuff/)
-   -   2 Nylon + 2 Radial Tyres, OK? (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/technical-stuff/48187-2-nylon-2-radial-tyres-ok-2.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jaggu (Post 1034570)
Yes lalu it will lose traction at the back faster especially if its worn out bad, also in wet conditions the issues can be compounded. If its worn out to a good extent and if you are a fast driver driving under wet conditions, yes the old tyres better be at the front.

But if you are a sedate driver and dont drive fast in wet its better to have the old tyres at back since it helps in steering and braking better in a front wheel drive car.

Thanks Jaggu. Since I will be doing mostly city drives till December, I guess it is no problems being in the front. By then the new ones would have settled a bit and I can do a rotation and take out on the highway.

I understand now why you suggested that for the 800.

Quote:

Originally Posted by DarkEraser (Post 1033312)
Radial tyres have little more diameter than the Nylon tyres.

Don't take your car to high speeds. Potentially it can kill you. How much is the difference?

Though combinations are prohibited as a last resort you could use them. When you do the unthinkable find out whether your car under steers or over steers in high speed corners or sudden lane changes by looking up driving impressions in magazines of the M800.

If your car understeers you could use the radials in the front and if it oversteers then you could use the radials in the back.

Usually radials provide better grip especially when cornering and hence the advice.
We usually try to get neutral handling but beginers like most of us would be better of with a bit of understeer and hence the usual adivce to out the radials in the rear.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sudipto-S-Team (Post 1034717)
Don't take your car to high speeds. Potentially it can kill you.

Sudipto, this sounds a bit extreme!
Could you please elaborate?

Quote:

Originally Posted by drpullockaran (Post 1034726)
T
If your car understeers you could use the radials in the front and if it oversteers then you could use the radials in the back.

Usually radials provide better grip especially when cornering and hence the advice.

We usually try to get neutral handling but beginers like most of us would be better of with a bit of understeer and hence the usual adivce to out the radials in the rear.

To add to this, you have more control over the front wheels since steering is also connected and its easier to predict and correct when things go wrong at a higher speed. So a bad set of rubber in front in most cases.

Rear wheel correction is tricky :) and sometimes be disastrous for a lesser experienced driver especially under high speed situation.

On the other hand as nitrous pointed out at low speeds front loosing grip under panic braking and over sand is a possibility. Its a tricky situation either ways, so better upgrade all 4 or place the tyres depending on your driving conditions / needs.