Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th November 2008, 15:07   #16
BHPian

Its a complete GTi and yes the tuner is good with carbs. he is from TOP GEAR(Satish) he has worked with Karun Chandok.
Old 4th November 2008, 15:10   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by need_for_speed View Post
Hey Guys the tuner is Satish from Chennai. The Tuner is good. He has just suggested for a test run with 1 carb because i havent yet even started the engine. Its run 18000 KMS and i got it for 35000, the whole thing

I am from chennai. I also need some good sport bumpers and side skirts and spoilers. Can anyone pls suggest.
If its Satish of Top gear,I know he's not comfortable with ECUs.
I would suggest you stick to fuel injection.Get the ECU wiring done from an electronically sound mech.
nitrous is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th November 2008, 02:56   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitrous View Post
I would suggest you stick to fuel injection.Get the ECU wiring done from an electronically sound mech.
Yes, please stick to the EFI, its much simpler to run the engine that way, try a good mechanic who works with FI cars or a Maruti authorized service station(whether they'll do the job or not depends on your relationship with them though) - i'm sure they'd be able to get it right.

In case you'd not want to shift mechanics and he doesn't understand much about EFI, just give him a copy of the swift GTI service manual (in case you can't get a copy searching on the net, send me a PM!) and ask him to wire the engine as shown in the manual - its not as difficult as it sounds!
Old 5th November 2008, 22:39   #19
Senior - BHPian

Secondly, if you go to carbs, how to you/mech propose handling the ignition timing control ?
Mpower is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th November 2008, 10:15   #20
BHPian

Talking about the ignition timing control..... i have got a MSD 6AL. And one more thing guys the reason why i am not going for the EFI is that i have an old car. 1995. So i have to do ALL the wirings. And secondly my dad does not know this. So the work on my car should not be more than a Day. i.e. , My Car Should Go to The Garage in the Morning and back in my garage by evening.
Old 1st December 2008, 16:28   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
i have all the ecm and wirings, but want to do it with the carbuerator. According to my Mechanic it will give more power. At first I want to run with one Carbuerator to see how the engine performs. After that planning in modifying it. Therefore just wanted to know if anyone has done any work on this engine before? and does the Zen Carb Manifold jus bolt on. I had valled VIPER and he said that it is Bolt On.

I just want to Confirm it with other BHPians. and could not find the Suzuki Swift Gti manual. Please Guide me
Hey Guys the tuner is Satish from Chennai. The Tuner is good. He has just suggested for a test run with 1 carb because i havent yet even started the engine. Its run 18000 KMS and i got it for 35000, the whole thing

I am from chennai. I also need some good sport bumpers and side skirts and spoilers. Can anyone pls suggest.
Is this the same engine that has run only 10,000 Km and that you now have on sale for 80K without the ECM?

Last edited by jyobeb : 1st December 2008 at 16:30.
Old 1st December 2008, 16:35   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mpower View Post
Secondly, if you go to carbs, how to you/mech propose handling the ignition timing control ?
esteem carb distributor it has vacumm advance.

had seen a 1.5 cultus/gti at a garage here it was running on twin esteem carbs. though had not seen the car running.

if you going fuel injected make sure the maf is in good condition of the gt engine.
Old 1st December 2008, 17:45   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jyobeb View Post
Is this the same engine that has run only 10,000 Km and that you now have on sale for 80K without the ECM?
no, this is an older one. This one was used for a drag race.
Old 2nd December 2008, 22:22   #24
BHPian

hi can u guide me the way to topgear(satish).. have lotz of problems with my car .. :( and
i have come across quite a few kits for zen. the first body kit by rizwan is priced at ~ 16k and other belongs to our tbhp member zklasse
hope it will be of some use
and also if u come across any other body kit plz do inform me .. :-p

Note from Mod : Please take the time to type out your posts in full words as per Team-BHP rules. Avoid the use of SMS language (lotz = lots, dat = that, etc), and please take the time to re-read your post for typos before submitting.
Attached Thumbnails
Suzuki 1300 Twin Cam Engine For Zen-rizwan-body-kit-.jpg  

Suzuki 1300 Twin Cam Engine For Zen-zklasse.jpg  

Last edited by Rehaan : 4th December 2008 at 14:20. Reason: Please see note in post.
Old 26th February 2012, 22:36   #25
Senior - BHPian

Re: Suzuki 1300 Twin Cam Engine For Zen

Quote:
no, this is an older one. This one was used for a drag race.
So did you end up building a MPFI car or a carb one?? Do you still have the car or sold it??
Old 6th January 2014, 13:42   #26
BHPian

Re: Suzuki 1300 Twin Cam Engine For Zen

i have got an esteem 2004, and i was considering a GTI engine for it. Who in chennai can get me one and more importantly for how much? A ballpark figure would be great , need to save up for it
thanks

Quote:

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks