Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd November 2008, 18:30   #1
BHPian

Suzuki 1300 Twin Cam Engine For Zen

Hi,
I need information on the Suzuki 1300 Twin Cam 16V Engine.
I have purchased it for my Zen Carb. I want to know if it can be bolted with my existing carb manifold instead of the ECM or do i have to make any alterations?
Please Do furnish me any other deatails you know about this engine!
Old 2nd November 2008, 23:52   #2
BHPian

search around on the net for suzuki swift gti service manual, that should have complete details for the 1.3 DOHC engine.

do you have all the fuel injection bits of the engine (ECM, injectors, manifold, harness), if yes, it would be easier to run it with fuel injection itself.

In case you want to run it with the carbs, its recommended you make a custom manifold and run it with two carbs for better results

As for running it with the zen manifold and carb , in case the manifold bolts without much trouble, you shpuld be able to run the car with your stock or a rejetted/reworked mikuni carb. However you may not be able to reap the complete benifits of the swap .
Old 3rd November 2008, 14:48   #3
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by need_for_speed View Post
Hi,
I need information on the Suzuki 1300 Twin Cam 16V Engine.
I have purchased it for my Zen Carb. I want to know if it can be bolted with my existing carb manifold instead of the ECM or do i have to make any alterations?
Please Do furnish me any other deatails you know about this engine!
You will need to fabricate a new manifold if you dont have the one that came with the car.
Old 3rd November 2008, 19:25   #4
BHPian

i have all the ecm and wirings, but want to do it with the carbuerator. According to my Mechanic it will give more power. At first I want to run with one Carbuerator to see how the engine performs. After that planning in modifying it. Therefore just wanted to know if anyone has done any work on this engine before? and does the Zen Carb Manifold jus bolt on. I had valled VIPER and he said that it is Bolt On.

I just want to Confirm it with other BHPians. and could not find the Suzuki Swift Gti manual. Please Guide me
Old 3rd November 2008, 19:54   #5
BHPian

Hey Guys sorry i had miunderstood VIPER.
Old 3rd November 2008, 20:25   #6
BHPian

a well tuned carb setup might be more powerfull than the stock EFI - however IMHO its not worth all the effort since you have all the EFI bits(i'm not sure why your mechanic said he can get more power with carbs though - unless he has some fancy ideas).

It might be a better idea to run with the EFI first (the engine is supposed to be around 100 bhp stock!) and then maybe try to do things to make it go even faster in case your not still satisfied with your little pocket rocket
Old 3rd November 2008, 20:49   #7
BHPian

Guys, where and how easy is it to source in an EFI 16V engine? And how much would it cost me?

And how much would a normal Esteem carb and EFI cost?
Old 3rd November 2008, 21:47   #8
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
i have all the ecm and wirings, but want to do it with the carbuerator. According to my Mechanic it will give more power. At first I want to run with one Carbuerator to see how the engine performs. After that planning in modifying it. Therefore just wanted to know if anyone has done any work on this engine before? and does the Zen Carb Manifold jus bolt on. I had valled VIPER and he said that it is Bolt On.

I just want to Confirm it with other BHPians. and could not find the Suzuki Swift Gti manual. Please Guide me
Your mechanic is off by a country mile.

using a single carb means you will not have the equal length runners which is key to the powerband of any hi-performance engine.
If you ahve the complete engine, then forget carbs..they are history.

PS: can we have more details on the engine like the kms, price and source?

Last edited by Mpower : 3rd November 2008 at 21:51.
Old 3rd November 2008, 22:17   #9
Senior - BHPian

hey need_for_speed , if you have a EFI system on the engine and it is working than do not change the setup, it will be faster then a single carb system any day , the enigne was rated to 100bhp in factory tune. again getting a intake manifold made will be a problem. Multiple carb setup will work but tunning is a big issue there.
Why is your mechanic telling you this is a big mistry. EFI is more effiecient than the carb setup any day.

Furioussphinx, EFI 16V engines can be picked up at any scrapyards or mumbai chor bazaar the place for cheapest parts.[if you can bargain]

Last edited by dinar : 3rd November 2008 at 22:23.
Old 3rd November 2008, 22:40   #10
BHPian

Quote:

need_for_speed, that sounds like your tuner_needs_money and you will be left with car_without_speed.

So, who is the tuner?
Old 3rd November 2008, 23:12   #11
BHPian

@ tadu this is only a simple mechanic - not a big@$$ TUNER
Old 3rd November 2008, 23:39   #12
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prabhuav View Post
@ tadu this is only a simple mechanic - not a big@$$ TUNER
Ah okay. Probably has no clue on using the ECM?
Old 4th November 2008, 13:18   #13
BHPian

Hey Guys the tuner is Satish from Chennai. The Tuner is good. He has just suggested for a test run with 1 carb because i havent yet even started the engine. Its run 18000 KMS and i got it for 35000, the whole thing

I am from chennai. I also need some good sport bumpers and side skirts and spoilers. Can anyone pls suggest.
Old 4th November 2008, 14:32   #14
Senior - BHPian

Is it a complete GTi engine r a esteem block with twin cam head and stuff?
Old 4th November 2008, 15:03   #15
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tadukuttan View Post
need_for_speed, that sounds like your tuner_needs_money and you will be left with car_without_speed.
Good one tadu.

But there are some really good tuners who believe the carb can be tuned to out perform the mpfi cars.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks