Team-BHP > Technical Stuff

Search this Thread
Old 21st November 2008, 15:30   #61
Senior - BHPian

Ali G - By waiting for the idling to settle down you are only wasting fuel. You might as well use that fuel to get you somewhere.
Old 21st November 2008, 16:20   #62
BHPian

Correct. No need to wait for warm up.

The warm up period is not the efficient running of the engine at all. But it is better to run whatever it is rather than waiting for warm up. This is also the reason why those who run very short distances get low FE.
Old 21st November 2008, 16:28   #63
BHPian

It's high when the car is started for the first time in the morning - around 1500 rpm. After that, on idle, I see it about 800 levels. Probably, its a good idea for you to ask the service center to check the next time you give the car for service.
Old 5th December 2008, 14:18   #64
BANNED

OHC power mirror + other spare parts prices

hi friends i want to know the cost of orvm of ohc . mine has been broken by a bike. can you also tell me the cost of other parts of honda city like drive shafts , steering assembly etc
Old 5th December 2008, 18:21   #65
BANNED

no one here to help?????????
Old 5th December 2008, 18:45   #66
BHPian

i think it costs around rs.2500 at honda service. i'm not sure if it includes the cost of painting it in body color.
Old 6th December 2008, 08:31   #67
BANNED

could someone please do a photo shop work on my car photos are on first page
Old 6th December 2008, 09:26   #68
BHPian

Congrats Harry2223! Im guessing your name includes your car number. Mine is very similar to your's. I too own a type I 98 OHC..check out my garage. And about the external mods i would suggest a Type II spoiler instead of Type I and fog lamp's. The skirts will look good but just make sure it doesnt touch the ground. Maybe you will discover that in a few days when you drive around your city. Other mods like freeflow and K&N will do wonders to the power but you may loose a KM in milege depending on your driving style after these mods. The OHC's steering is comfortable but a smaller one will make it look sporty and feels good too. To change the tail lights you have to change the boot lid and rear bumpers too. You also have to get another panel that holds the tail light from inside. I had plans to change my tail lights too but somehow started liking the type I's (I converted the front to type II just for the clear headlights;-) ). It kind of gives a classic sporty style.. If i were you I would first get rid of the dashboard mat. Enjoy your car and keep her safe

Last edited by navin_bhp : 6th December 2008 at 09:27.
Old 6th December 2008, 10:42   #69
Senior - BHPian

Mine has been stolen about 3-4 times.

I buy duplicate one for 500/- bucks. Includes body, motor, and mirror. Black in color. The finish is not so good, but gets the job done.
Old 6th December 2008, 11:58   #70
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin_bhp View Post
And about the external mods i would suggest a Type II spoiler instead of Type I and fog lamp's.
NO. I would rather do without spoilers totally. I have one in my car now but wouldn't fit one in a new car. I think that the whole spoiler rage/fad has gone. Also i don't like the look of the type 2 spoiler in type 1 (personally).

Fogs lights i agree. But the company supplied type and make sure you color the plastic flaps of the fogs body colored.
Old 11th December 2008, 20:48   #71
BANNED

Query about left ORVM

hi friends
i have a strange query in my about left orvm . how the driver adjusts the left orvm if the car doesn't have electric mirrors . i am asking this because i never got any chance to adjust it as i previously had m800 which didn't had left orvm and now i own ohc which has electric mirrors .
Old 11th December 2008, 20:56   #72
BHPian

You bend across and adjust it,but is a bit difficult
Old 11th December 2008, 21:10   #73
Distinguished - BHPian

Trial and error only.

You have to sit in your normal driving position, estimate the change, lean over, move the mirror, estimate again --- and so on.

I have never driven a car with electric mirror adjustment except for short term. Although it is a nice gadget, it is fairly pointless for the only-driver: once you set your mirrors they stay that way. The electric adjustment does not compensate for the idiot who has just pushed you mirror housing forward or back, you still have to reach over for that.

Now, when it comes to cars with really clever stuff that does things like point the mirror at the curb when reversing and fold the mirrors in when stopped --- that's a very different (and desirable <blush>) level of gadgetry
Old 12th December 2008, 13:57   #74
Team-BHP Support

Get a passenger and test your communication skills

If youre doing it yourself -- remember to engage the handbrake before leaning over!

cya
R
Old 12th December 2008, 14:07   #75
BANNED

Don't be on the phone when doing what Rehaan suggested (communication skills).

"A little to the right...now down...lower..lower...stop...stop...ah..perfect"

Most Viewed