Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st November 2008, 13:58   #46
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by HotChillyPepper View Post
Ohh... I didn't read that. My bad. Then it looks like the Suspension settings. Isn't it? Why don't they recall then? Shall we send a pointer of this thread to Toyota?
They have accepted the problem and in some they are replacing the suspension system. Here's the post from the top of this page.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hackett View Post
guys , Toyota has accepted that there is a suspension issue in Altis , which was causing breaks to screech in slow speed. And they are running a campaign to replace the faulty suspensions. Gave my Altis for 1000K service with similar screeching problem and got the car back in perfect condition with no more noise issue.
When checked with the service center this was disclosed.

Also Altis owners please advice if they are feeling any difference in ride quality after the service ( specifically those who faced light screeching sound while breaking).
Old 21st November 2008, 15:09   #47
Senior - BHPian

Thanks god now my dealer workshop calls and tell me that toyota has started a suspension campaign and has asked me to bring the car to solve the problem. Will take the car there on Monday.
Old 21st November 2008, 15:14   #48
BHPian

that is a very good move by Toyota. They take their mistakes very sportively and attend the customer issues fast. Great job Toyota
Old 21st November 2008, 15:16   #49
Senior - BHPian

Great!

YM, maybe you should, when you get there, tell those guys - "I told you so!!!"
Old 21st November 2008, 17:14   #50
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyWheels View Post
Great!

YM, maybe you should, when you get there, tell those guys - "I told you so!!!"
They have already said "you said so" so many times. cheers: They very well know about me and us(T-bhp). Their manager said that they can't give me any local accessories coz I would be having all knowledge already..
Old 21st November 2008, 17:48   #51
Distinguished - BHPian

I don't see how a faulty suspension can make your brakes squeak?

Have any of you ordered or seen the "Front bumper grill fin" as an accessory on the Altis? Looks pretty neat on their website, wonder what it would cost?
Old 21st November 2008, 17:55   #52
Senior - BHPian

Sahil, Vidyuth has already explained what might be happening. During braking when the front dips, some part of the suspension might be touching the brake disc.
Old 24th November 2008, 12:36   #53
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahil View Post
Have any of you ordered or seen the "Front bumper grill fin" as an accessory on the Altis? Looks pretty neat on their website, wonder what it would cost?
Yes, I have bargained it FOC with my car along with many other accessories. Its cost is around Rs: 2100/- As I have given my car to service center today for first service, shocker campaign and accessories fitting, it will be fitted today and I can show its photos tomorrow.
Old 24th November 2008, 12:38   #54
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ym-enjn View Post
Yes, I have bargained it FOC with my car along with many other accessories. Its cost is around Rs: 2100/- As I have given my car to service center today for first service, shocker campaign and accessories fitting, it will be fitted today and I can show its photos tomorrow.
Great ! Please post before and after pics if possible.
Also what other accessories did you manage to get FOC?
Old 24th November 2008, 12:51   #55
Senior - BHPian

These are the ones I got FOC:

Fabric Floor Mats (Premium) : Rs: 2033/-
Trunk Mat : Rs: 841/-
(These two they are giving with most of the cars)

Bumber Corner Protector (Premium): 392/- (But I have decided to not to go for this, I will exchange this for Car Cushions.)

Car Cover (Tyvek) : 2337/-
Back Sensor : 5826/-
Muffler Cutter : 570/-
and
Front Bumper Grill Fin: 2094/-

Others which I like are:
Illuminated Scuff Plate - 6284/-
Leg Room Lamp - 7909/-
But both are expensive and he didn't gave FOC.
Old 28th November 2008, 18:20   #56
Senior - BHPian

Sorry for delay in reply.. I do not know if this is the right thread to post these photos, but as I do not know so I'll do it here.

This is before the grill fins:

Brake noise problem with new Corolla Altis.-before.jpg

And these are after

Brake noise problem with new Corolla Altis.-aimag0163a.jpg
Brake noise problem with new Corolla Altis.-aimag0166.jpg

In this photo you can see Muffler Cutter (at exhaust) and reverse sensors.

Brake noise problem with new Corolla Altis.-aimag0168.jpg
Old 28th November 2008, 19:55   #57
Senior - BHPian

Hmm, didn't you get the sensors painted? And only two sensors?

I got a reverse sensor at cost for my Civic for around 4.8K and they were body colour painted and had four sensors. You should try and get them to paint the sensors for you FOC at next service.
Old 28th November 2008, 21:11   #58
Distinguished - BHPian

The suspension was sourced from Gabriel for the Altis. There was an issue with the way the suspension was manufactured by Gabriel especially some welding process.

As my neighbour works for Toyota Kirloskar in the assembly line, most of the things he told me was going over my head. Now the suspensions are imported and no more procured from Gabriel
Old 29th December 2008, 16:57   #59
Senior - BHPian

These new replaced suspensions are way better than the ones in the car I test drove. As someone earlier said that there are hard suspension and soft one, now these new ones are best for Indian road conditions which are so diverse that it requires best of both. So its kind of a bonus for me.

Got all four suspension replaced and also front brake kits replaced. Problem of noise has been solved and the ride quality is best of what I have ever experienced.

One more thing to mention is that I truly liked the approach and willingness of Toyota service team.
Old 12th January 2009, 22:10   #60
Distinguished - BHPian

TCA Brake Noise - TKM and Dealer Call Back

Hi,

I had posted some feedback on my Corolla Altis which makes a screeching noise when braking at low speeds. After inputs from other TBHPians I realised it is now time for me to get a fix for this problem

Sent a message to Toyota last night (11/1) using their website and I received a call from TKM just past 12 noon today asking for details of the problem. I gave the company rep a description of the issue asked her about any product recall for this issue. She acknowledged TKM had a recall for some cars depending on the VIN and seemed quite surprised to hear about the issue. I asked her if my car was inadvertently left out and requested her to recheck. She took down my details including car registration number and assured me I would received a call from the dealer.

Sure enough, I got a call from DSK Toyota less about an hour later. The representative politely heard me out and requested I fix an appointment for a check. I reiterated that I would not want temporary fixes done but a permanent one especially after TKM had acknowledged the issue. She said something about brake pad replacements and asked me for a convenient date/time when she could fix an appointment.

I'm travelling outstation from mid week by car and will take it to the dealer at the next weekend i.e. Sat 24/1. I'll post an update with details of what part(s) was replaced and if it was effective.

Cheers!

R2D2

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks