Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th November 2008, 11:38   #16
Senior - BHPian

So do I smell as well

Anyhow, he may have resetted the Lambda as well. But might be with too much followups he thought it would be better if the problem should not arose in any case
Old 2nd August 2009, 21:26   #17
BHPian

Chevrolet Optra 1.6

Hi
I am haveing almost the same problems with my 2006 Chevrolet Optra 1.6. The engine malfunction switch is on and i cannot get it to go off. How do I reset my Oxygen Sensor. Please guide me. i have replaced the pump (petrol) all of the spark plugs, engine oil filter etc. also My car is fitted in with a cold air intake (KnN) and it was way past its due service. i had not noticed it. I have now cleaned it up and the car is running fine but i still cannot get the engine malfinction lights to go off. Please cuide me on hoe to reset the oxygen sensor and I dont know how or even what a ECS or ECU is.
Thanks
Old 3rd August 2009, 10:10   #18
Senior - BHPian

Think of ECU as brain of your car. Somehow when you are too much tensed then you need to have a good snap for refreshing yourself, so is needed by car

Jokes apart, sometime error codes happens in ecu which needs to be cleared off. Two methods for the same are

a) Get it resetted by service center - They'll plonk Tech2 with OBD port and do the stuffs for you, might charge you if they aren't too much familiar with you.

b) Get it resetted by yourself - Disarm both terminal wires from battery, press brakes for few seconds to ensure current in wires is totally finished off, leave it for overnight, replug both terminal wires in morning and VOILA its gone !

Cheers

OT: Love the name of your company - HUNGRY JACK ADVENTURES
Old 3rd August 2009, 20:55   #19
BHPian

if possible get the ecu scanned using tech2 that way you can come to know what exactly is causing the engine check light to come on. Usually if the problem is of one off nature the check light will go off after a few engine on off cycles. If the check light persists then usually the problem needs some rectification by the A. S. S .
You can try the removing the terminal method as a first step but you have to get a scan done if the problem persists.
It is not only the oxygen sensor which causes the CEL to light up but any number of problems with the engine, some of them serious .
Old 3rd August 2009, 23:49   #20
BHPian

thanks guys. I'm going to try the whole battery thing. hope it works. and thanks ashdivx. Its good to know u like my company name.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks