Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th November 2008, 09:51   #1

Indica V2 Diesel: Most dash board light blink like left/right turn indicators!

i have a peculiar problem. when turn on the ignition all lights in the dashboard start blinking (coil, engine check, etc...). i called up the "b u bhandari" (dealer) helpline in pune and they informed me that my batteries need a change. i have run 60,000 km in approx. 3 years.

do I really need to consider a battery change, or it could be something else thats gone buggy?

also, appreciate if you could suggest me a good pair of batteries for my Indica V2 diesel (if i really need to change the oem exide's now)

--bhuvan.
Old 12th November 2008, 10:24   #2
Senior - BHPian

ask them to put a new battery for a while and check whether the above problem goes off.
yes 3 years is quite a time for exide OEM battery. for a replacement i would always prefer AMARON over exide.
Old 12th November 2008, 10:34   #3
BHPian

Yes. 3yrs is a long time for an OEM battery. Replace with a new one only if the problem is rectified with the new one.
Old 12th November 2008, 10:52   #4
BHPian

I guess 3 years is OK time to change the battery, especially considering the mileage of your car. I changed my OEM Exide battery after 4 years with around 55K running. That too I feel coz, accidently once I drained by battery completely with headlights kept on for full day. Had to jump start the car and re-charge rge battery at EXIDE shop. But, it went dead again in few weeks.

I did not have preference for Aamron or Exide or any other battery. Just went to nearest battery shop ( happened to be Exide ) and installed new battery. This again has done near to 40K in last 2.5 years and no issues yet.

takecare and drive safely
Old 12th November 2008, 11:28   #5
Senior - BHPian

Pardon the n00b question - is battery life determined by number of years or mileage?
Old 12th November 2008, 12:06   #6
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nishantgandhi View Post
Pardon the n00b question - is battery life determined by number of years or mileage?
Not really. But most of the batteries last between 2 - 4 years with an odd exception here of there.
Old 14th November 2008, 23:04   #7
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nishantgandhi View Post
Battery life is normally in number of charge/discharge cycles it has undergone – but both the age and mileage will have an indirect bearing on the life.
Old 18th November 2008, 11:56   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit_mechengg View Post
ask them to put a new battery for a while and check whether the above problem goes off.
yes 3 years is quite a time for exide OEM battery. for a replacement i would always prefer AMARON over exide.
thanks. i'll probably try the amaron ones and talk to the amaron pit stop (f. c. road) if he can actually help me with a trial (at my residence, where the car is parked!)

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks