Team-BHP - Turn Indicator light does not cut off automatically
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Technical Stuff (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/technical-stuff/)
-   -   Turn Indicator light does not cut off automatically (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/technical-stuff/49001-turn-indicator-light-does-not-cut-off-automatically.html)

After taking the turn the indicator lights do not turn off, and I have move the lever manually to switch them off.

Local Electrician said its incurable, however I seriously doubt this claim. Has someone sorted this out ?

Did you recently got your steering wheel removed, for whatever reason, and refit? Then maybe it was not fitted correctly and the small lever in the center that makes the indicator lever return to its normal position is not properly aligned.

Do you hear a 'kat, kat' sound after executing a turn with the indicator on, and the lever doesn't return back? the this could be the reason. Secondly theat lever could have worn off or broken..

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shashank.A (Post 1052856)
After taking the turn the indicator lights do not turn off, and I have move the lever manually to switch them off.

Local Electrician said its incurable, however I seriously doubt this claim. Has someone sorted this out ?

Could you please tell me what car you use ? mostly its the release spring that has gone . problem is its hard to open that assembly . I use an ikon and face the very same issue . I am unable to fix it , tried opening the unit too, hardly anything that we can do . if you do find a solution please let me know too .

Quote:

Originally Posted by gd1418 (Post 1052870)
Did you recently got your steering wheel removed, for whatever reason, and refit? Then maybe it was not fitted correctly and the small lever in the center that makes the indicator lever return to its normal position is not properly aligned.

I got it done few months back, got it straightened and all, and I guess the problem started after that only.

Quote:

Do you hear a 'kat, kat' sound after executing a turn with the indicator on, and the lever doesn't return back? the this could be the reason. Secondly theat lever could have worn off or broken..

But I do not hear any sound and sometimes it does work.

Quote:

Originally Posted by aamir_subzero (Post 1052984)
Could you please tell me what car you use ? mostly its the release spring that has gone . problem is its hard to open that assembly . I use an ikon and face the very same issue . I am unable to fix it , tried opening the unit too, hardly anything that we can do . if you do find a solution please let me know too .

Its an Esteem'97.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shashank.A (Post 1052856)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shashank.A (Post 1053027)
Its an Esteem'97.

Time to change the car Shashank !

Quote:

Originally Posted by narayan (Post 1053054)

and get another one to stand there and stare at. :Frustrati. This is a lovely car, and with my kind of usage (rare, only recreational) any car is good for me.

Btw, I seriously do not plan to change the car. This car serves all my purpose. It does require some maintenance, but I do not mind that, as service and parts are not very expensive, and the thing I get fixed once does not trouble for a long time. Next in line is complete suspension overhaul. :D

On more thing , if he upgrades the car , how will he have a beautiful masterpiece called the picaso with him.

Quote:

Originally Posted by abhinav.gupta88 (Post 1053096)
On more thing , if he upgrades the car , how will he have a beautiful masterpiece called the picaso with him.

Or the new one will be converted to Leonardo da Vinci..:Frustrati

No Doubt.
In the locality you live in , where kids are a menace , its better to not buy a new car.

I would say try the MASS for the correction.

Quote:

Originally Posted by abhinav.gupta88 (Post 1053129)
I would say try the MASS for the correction.

There service charge would be more than value of my car :eek:

It is a great thing you do not own a Skoda then :D

If MASS service charges cause you distress, a Skoda repair bill will cause you heart attacks!

Quote:

Originally Posted by narayan (Post 1053054)

No need to change the car for this problem. And 97 esteem is good enough for the purpose you have stated.

Quote:

Then maybe it was not fitted correctly and the small lever in the center that makes the indicator lever return to its normal position is not properly aligned..

yes – as indicated by gd, I also feel the problem is here. Basically this is a mechanical problem and the electrician will not be able to give a solution. Just get it checked with the good mechanic who should be able to set this right. Mostly it is some spring or lever that is not seating properly or missing.

as gd said, there's a small circular ring when you open out the steering.
since you got your steering straightened, that ring might have lost its original position..
the ring shows an arrow which has to be placed pointing upwards.
i had the same issue with my car..
go to a reputed car alignment shop, get the ring at the center, and then realign again.
i did the same thing and now the indicators are performing to perfection with auto cut when the steering is back to the center.
pls note an electrician will not be able to solve this issue.

Don't want to steal the thread - but I've a similar problem but its just opposite of Shashank.
In my Zen the indicator auto-return cuts off prematurely before completing the turn. I saw a electrician but he was unable to rectify the problem - can anybody tell me what needs to be checked?

Read my post above. It is the same - steering wheel alignment problem.. Also read live2drive's post

Quote:

Originally Posted by archat68 (Post 1053986)
Don't want to steal the thread - but I've a similar problem but its just opposite of Shashank.
In my Zen the indicator auto-return cuts off prematurely before completing the turn. I saw a electrician but he was unable to rectify the problem - can anybody tell me what needs to be checked?