Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th November 2008, 19:23   #1
BHPian

Engine will not start...security system issue?

Hi BHPians,

I have a problem where in my wife's Alto does not start and when the key is not in the ignition position, I hear a "click-click" sound constantly like a bomb ticking away.
Now the story is long but this car was with in-laws & was driven by their driver from Hyderabad to Bangalore. They insist nothing was wrong there so I am assuming something happened on the way.

The car comes with a dealer fitter security system "Fort Knox". I am positive this is causing it because yesterday, I disconnected the power supply of the security system and the sound stopped.

Now could someone help me understand what is going on? Has an engine immobilser kicked in?

I will try to post some images of the security system because I figured its location by tracing the sound & its coming from behind the dashboard right above the accelrator pedal. After a little craming & looking under the dash, I spotted it.
Old 17th November 2008, 23:10   #2
BHPian

Try disconnecting this 'fort knox' thing. might work, very very big fluke if it does though
Old 18th November 2008, 01:24   #3
BHPian

try and contact the company brother. If its a good company, a manual will definitely come handly.
Old 18th November 2008, 10:41   #4
BHPian

try contacting
Car Shop - dealer of fort knox.
Mr Sandeep Pagaria
+(91)-(80)-22247264,41145587,41326270
No.12/7,f Samson Cmplx, Mission Road, Bangalore - 560027

maybe his tech can resolve the problem. Or give you the fort knox, Bangalore service center address and no.

UM
Old 18th November 2008, 15:22   #5
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:

I have a problem where in my wife's Alto does not start and when the key is not in the ignition position, I hear a "click-click" sound constantly like a bomb ticking away.
Your starter / solenoid is not getting enough juice from the battery. This is almost certainly caused by the security system chap altering your ignition wiring (for the engine immobiliser feature). I faced the exact same issue when a chor lock was fitted in my Jeep. Faulty wiring was the culprit.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks