Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th April 2011, 22:22   #31
BHPian

Re: Baleno Suspension Noise

How much will that cost pro circuit?

Last week, I gave my car for servicing. It went to some major work as they seen rust in the front coil portion, that would start water leakage. Took my baleno after a couple of days. However, on driving, I realised a khat khat noise that has started when I turn the steering to my right & there is a bad road. Went back to Vitesse & met the service advisor. He says that the steering column is gone kaput & the replacement will cost 50k. It's a real big coincidence that this has happened the same time I gave my car for service. I feel that the diagnosis is completely incorrect. Pls give your expert views.
Old 19th April 2011, 00:37   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cedricsg View Post

Last week, I gave my car for servicing. It went to some major work as they seen rust in the front coil portion, that would start water leakage. Took my baleno after a couple of days. However, on driving, I realised a khat khat noise that has started when I turn the steering to my right & there is a bad road. Went back to Vitesse & met the service advisor. He says that the steering column is gone kaput & the replacement will cost 50k. It's a real big coincidence that this has happened the same time I gave my car for service. I feel that the diagnosis is completely incorrect. Pls give your expert views.
around 20k i guess excluding shocks and coil springs.steering column is repairable.
Old 19th April 2011, 16:13   #33
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
However, on driving, I realised a khat khat noise that has started when I turn the steering to my right & there is a bad road.
Get a second opinion. My car has this too - sometimes - I think when turning left. I've been assured by my service advisor that it's nothing to worry about.

At the most, check out the tie-rods and the lower arms. These have been replaced in my car.
Old 22nd June 2011, 22:15   #34
BHPian

Quote:

I replaced power steering assembly 6 months before and it costed 50K. There was noise when i rotate steering on either side and steering was getting very tight and slowly i noticed power steering oils are getting leaked. ONe fine day power steering gave up and i had to replace it.

I too get kat kat noise since last 1-2 months. It was coming up, when car goes over pothole, hard braking or quick acceleration. But starting from today it's getting more frequent and irritating. I'll check the struts and lower arm. Lets see.

BTW what happened to your noise issue?
Old 23rd June 2011, 11:29   #35
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akas_chauhan View Post
I replaced power steering assembly 6 months before and it costed 50K. There was noise when i rotate steering on either side and steering was getting very tight and slowly i noticed power steering oils are getting leaked. ONe fine day power steering gave up and i had to replace it.

I too get kat kat noise since last 1-2 months. It was coming up, when car goes over pothole, hard braking or quick acceleration. But starting from today it's getting more frequent and irritating. I'll check the struts and lower arm. Lets see.

BTW what happened to your noise issue?
The noise is still there. I actually sold it off & upgraded to a Laura TSI. The Baleno is a beauty & its with my friend.
Old 23rd June 2011, 13:02   #36
BHPian

Quote:
The noise is still there. I actually sold it off & upgraded to a Laura TSI. The Baleno is a beauty & its with my friend.
If you do not mind How much did you get for baleno and how many years old, odo reading and is it LXI or VXI?
Reason i'm asking is i may plan to sell mine as well.
Old 10th August 2011, 20:27   #37
BHPian

My 2007 baleno ran 36K has this suspension issue. I contacted Maruti and they provided this quote. They are quoting 23K for parts only.
I've attached the parts details which they are quoting. Do you think it's reasonable?
Attached Thumbnails
Baleno Suspension Noise-baleno.gif  

Old 10th August 2011, 20:35   #38
v&v
Senior - BHPian

its on higher side. i did my baleno suspension work for around 9k only. Try to take a quote from local garage too. You can check my ownership thread for more details.
Old 10th August 2011, 20:55   #39
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by v&v View Post
its on higher side. i did my baleno suspension work for around 9k only. Try to take a quote from local garage too. You can check my ownership thread for more details.
these must be MADE IN TAIWAN stuff which as per my knowledge wont last even 1/4 of the SGP.
Old 11th August 2011, 02:26   #40
Senior - BHPian

The lower arm quote looks ok to me. I replaced the set on my car for similar prices.
Old 11th August 2011, 08:49   #41
v&v
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by procircuit_234 View Post
these must be MADE IN TAIWAN stuff which as per my knowledge wont last even 1/4 of the SGP.
TAIWAN OR KOREA , I have already covered 25k without any problems as of now which includes a Delhi - Kochi drive too. Pretty happy with the stuff. I dont mind spending another 10k after 40k for the paid price.
Old 11th August 2011, 12:37   #42
BHPian

Quote:
Can you provide link to your thread please?
Old 11th August 2011, 22:28   #43
BHPian

Quote:
TAIWAN OR KOREA , I have already covered 25k without any problems as of now which includes a Delhi - Kochi drive too. Pretty happy with the stuff. I dont mind spending another 10k after 40k for the paid price.
thats really good.my expi with taiwan make items is bad.i think indian make is better than taiwan.can yu share which make/brand you are using?
Old 11th August 2011, 22:34   #44
Senior - BHPian

I also recently got the front suspension overhauled. The details of the work done is in my baleno thread. The parts are all SGP and the entire bill came to 40040. I was told that one of the part is similar to that of an esteem and saves you about 2800 INR.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks